7.9 magnitude Earth Quake

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Beez- where were you? I am told it is very unsettling to have the ground move under you, perhaps that is why He will use it to get everyone's attention.

Beez

Nov 27, 2017
Oops! Thought I was in a different thread! Sorry!

Beez

Nov 27, 2017
Beez- where were you? I am told it is very unsettling to have the ground move under you, perhaps that is why He will use it to get everyone's attention.
my hometown, Eureka, CA. :)

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
its your responisibility, to make sure your family and the people you care about are safe no govt is going to do EVERYTHING for you.

a lot of civil defence organisations and volunteer ones will spring into action when theres an earthquake but its up to everyone to do their bit. If you have some idea or know what to do, it just gives you peace and reassurance.

I think generally keeping your home safe is something all housewives and people working from home need to take seriously. You may need to shelter someone else.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Thanks Beez, What few we have had here got the attention but not in a big way.

Shc

Jul 12, 2017
We know God raises up and takes down rulers, the election was stolen.
We know we are required to pray without ceasing for his perfect will, His perfect will is the Justice be done, remember from Micah? "Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly with your God"
we know these groaning in the earth are a part of the coming fulfilment.
We will 'watch therefore and wait" .
We know God raises up and takes down rulers, the election was stolen.
We know we are required to pray without ceasing for his perfect will, His perfect will is the Justice be done, remember from Micah? "Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly with your God"
we know these groaning in the earth are a part of the coming fulfilment.
We will 'watch therefore and wait" .
Hi...Please see the below https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/13/asia/japan-earthquake-intl/index.html

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
We (here in Bama) get Tornados, and the occasional Hurricane............AND, believe it or not, we get a really, really powerful 2.4 earthquake every 5 years or so.......... :)

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
The New Madrid Fault may be related to this?
We know from scripture the Mt. of Olives will split, if that is what it means.

Beez

Nov 27, 2017
love that name, Eureka

lol
I loved that place! Leaving was very difficult. But, as you can easily imagine, it is not the same now . . . .

Beez

Nov 27, 2017
Thanks Beez, What few we have had here got the attention but not in a big way.
I've always smiled upon seeing your name here but said nothing. That this wood was used as it was fascinates me, but I need to look at it again, to learn more about it. :)

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
It was also the last place the Israelites camped before entering the promised land.
When I found CC I had the same mindset, that I might "hang out" here till I cross over.
bless you

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Loyalty islands is quite far away from Jerusalem, but since everything is connected on this planet, it could be just creation groaning for redemption.

When earthquakes happen there is great devastation but also at the same time lots of miracles can happen.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Same planet, same Creator, same judgement and fulfillment for His Creation.
Each day brings us closer to the fulfillment of His plan.
best wishes

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Had an earthquake yesterday off Kermadec Islands
we got a tsunami warning but didnt have to evacuate, though some coastal areas on NZ did.

Things seem to be fairly active round the plates at the moment, though I didnt feel anything.

earthquakes are creations groanings. I do think the earth is under a lot of pressure and has to release it somehow. Volcanoes definitely are earths way of letting off steam (and molten lava!) for example.

Mar 1, 2021
Earthquakes are so scary. You have no idea when it's about to happen. I pray everyone is safe.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Its weird as some people felt it but I didnt. My home seems to be fairly stable, well its on solid, flat clay.

People that live in other areas though that have uncertain foundations, would have felt it.

The reason Christchurch was quite devastated was because it was built on swamp land. So when the earth shook there, there was something called liquefaction and the houses pretty much fell down.

I cant imagine an earthqauke striking somewhere thats really built up, like say a city that has skyscrapers etc. That would be terrifying, because people living in high rise buildings have no way to get down. They cant even get out in a fire let alone an earthquake.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Maybe the Lord protected you.
Liquefaction can be a factor, but if the Lord wants it to move, it will move.
I recall one in California where the structures made to the earthquake code standards came down because the standards were for quakes that went in motions that hadn't been seen when the codes were developed, something about more lateral movement than they envisioned.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
yes well I do wonder about earthquake strengthening but it seems in christchurch the bulidings that didnt comply with building codes actually did fall down, they werent safe.

Codes and standards are meant to be updated all the time...I used to file them at the engineering library. The annoying thing was that theres all these other standards internstionally that dont always apply to nz conditions. Theres british standards but some of those turned out to be less robust as they dont have many earthquakes in their country.

in australia everything has to be fire proof and termite proof. NZ needs things like insulation and damp proof..we get a LOT of rain. The building and housing stock here is not that great quality...ones bulit in the 90s were leaky!