A bit concerned about a forum owner

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
23,049
4,101
113
So I was recommended to a forum yesterday and it's a great forum I love it but I am having some issue with the owner of it. First she told me every dream we have is a message from God I thought ok no its not but no biggy she just has a different view than me. But today she told me she was a harvester God is raising up. Now I thought that the harvesters were his angels but I could be wrong however it did concern me for some reason she said that. am I just being ignorant and feeling concerned for a dumb reason?
 
Run, do not walk, to the nearest Internet exit portal from that forum. She's a bit off, to say the least.
 
So I was recommended to a forum yesterday and it's a great forum I love it but I am having some issue with the owner of it. First she told me every dream we have is a message from God I thought ok no its not but no biggy she just has a different view than me. But today she told me she was a harvester God is raising up. Now I thought that the harvesters were his angels but I could be wrong however it did concern me for some reason she said that. am I just being ignorant and feeling concerned for a dumb reason?

I highly recommend that you no longer frequent that site. From what you have described the owner of this site has her own agenda. She is wacko. Yes, pray for her. Stick to CC.
 
I highly recommend that you no longer frequent that site. From what you have described the owner of this site has her own agenda. She is wacko. Yes, pray for her. Stick to CC.


this. (see above.)
 
If every dream was from God, she would have to be God herself as most dreams are about the dreamer processing the emotions and issues of the day. The problem with this approach is when a dream goes really wacky, as it is from God is must be a command which means there is no sensible behaviour filter or even rational way of handling anything. What happens if a dream is off, is it then from Satan.....this road leads to insanity if it has not already arrived......
 
Well I think you already know not every dream is from God. That's silly...what site is this?
It's called papas dream forum I met some really nice ppl one there but the owner masterpiece seems to think certain things like I described
 
i'd like to add that i believe God can do anything, of course... which is i assume what us believers in The Trinity as One God in different aspects _ Father, Son, Holy Spirit... and who truly love Him to the best of their ability, know.

so of course He can and has given humans dreams, meaningful ones. like with Jacob.

but, the dreams He gives are perfect. not all dreams make sense or are perfect.

just as imaginings run wild, in a disorderly way... many times, and lead us down rabbit holes of insanity and confusion and fear and other elements of our inherited and i suppose, inherent sinful nature.

and of course the Good News and hope in all of this, all these ends and beginnings and seasons, is our eternal Lord and Savior, the I AM is Jesus Christ.
 
i wouldn't say i'm learned, or that i know anything, but i know for certain that God's Word covers it all and if sought out solves all the confusion and pain and sin we experience.


i'm still a baby, though. i think i always will be. i won't ever really be anything but a child. a child of God.
 
I'm pretty sure she would have told you something like....... If your dreams seem to have a storyline, not to just discount them. She feels those things really are messages from God.
 
I'm pretty sure she would have told you something like....... If your dreams seem to have a storyline, not to just discount them. She feels those things really are messages from God.
Yes she said that and I have nothing against her she is a nice person but I felt uncomfortable with some of what she said and I don't really have the gift of discernment so I came for advice
 
Yes she said that and I have nothing against her she is a nice person but I felt uncomfortable with some of what she said and I don't really have the gift of discernment so I came for advice
Well, I discern that most people who tell you they have "the gift of discernment" wouldn't recognize discernment if it came up and bit them in the backside, so good luck on that.

As far as "advice" is concerned, I wouldn't be afraid because she seems weird...... After all, you hang around with people on THIS forum.
 
So I was recommended to a forum yesterday and it's a great forum I love it but I am having some issue with the owner of it. First she told me every dream we have is a message from God I thought ok no its not but no biggy she just has a different view than me. But today she told me she was a harvester God is raising up. Now I thought that the harvesters were his angels but I could be wrong however it did concern me for some reason she said that. am I just being ignorant and feeling concerned for a dumb reason?

I was actually a part of this forum until I challenged the administrator, masterspiece. Seems like she didn't like that too much. I walked her through 1 corinthians 14 and showed her that the purpose of the spiritual gifts are to edify the church. The debate occured when she didn't agree with me when I told her that speaking in tongues is for self edification unless there is an interpreter, so speaking in tongues in church isn't beneficial unless there is someone to interpret. She argued with me and insulted me saying that "God had given me the wrong interpretation" but all I did was quote the scripture that said so.

I noticed that she is very interested in the personal lives of the people on the forum and even asks them to tell her personal details about their life.. She did this in order to see what the person was struggling with so that she could relay that somehow in a dream interpretation it relates to the struggles that she obviously knows about them since they told them.

I personally think whoever wants to see should discern on their own though because I have a subjective opinion based on my experience.. Go on over and see what she's up to!

There's actually a lot of informative stuff on there but please use caution because SHE RECOMMENDED THE BOOK OF ENOCH TO ME!

Just be careful before you believe anything she says.
 
It's called papas dream forum I met some really nice ppl one there but the owner masterpiece seems to think certain things like I described

I spent some time there three or four years ago, and I met some very nice people. In fact, the owner is the one who first invited me there.

But, they just seemed a bit too weird for me.