A call for unity and love

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sorry for being gone I was pretty sick for a while

I hope you are feeling fine by now, and here is a song to make you feel even better:

I woke up this morning feeling fine
I woke up with heaven on my mind
I woke up with joy in my soul
cause I knew my Lord had control
I knew I was walkin' in the light
cause I'd been on my knees in the night
And I'd pray till the Lord gave a sign
and now I'm feeling mighty fine.

Well I'm feeling mighty fine I've got heaven on my mind
Don't you know I want to go where the milk and honey flow
There's a light that always shines down inside this heart of mine
I've got heaven on my mind and now I'm feeling mighty fine

Now I'm walking with Jesus all the time,
We're walking and talking as we climb,
We're traveling a road to the sky
where I know I'll live when I die
He's been telling me all about that land,
and he tells me that everything is grand
And he says that a home will be mine,
and now I'm feeling mighty fine

Well I'm feeling mighty fine I've got heaven on my mind
Don't you know I want to go where the milk and honey flow
There's a light that always shines down inside this heart of mine
I've got heaven on my mind and now I'm feeling mighty fine

Yes, I'm feeling fine!
 
I hope you are feeling fine by now, and here is a song to make you feel even better:

I woke up this morning feeling fine
I woke up with heaven on my mind
I woke up with joy in my soul
cause I knew my Lord had control
I knew I was walkin' in the light
cause I'd been on my knees in the night
And I'd pray till the Lord gave a sign
and now I'm feeling mighty fine.

Well I'm feeling mighty fine I've got heaven on my mind
Don't you know I want to go where the milk and honey flow
There's a light that always shines down inside this heart of mine
I've got heaven on my mind and now I'm feeling mighty fine

Now I'm walking with Jesus all the time,
We're walking and talking as we climb,
We're traveling a road to the sky
where I know I'll live when I die
He's been telling me all about that land,
and he tells me that everything is grand
And he says that a home will be mine,
and now I'm feeling mighty fine

Well I'm feeling mighty fine I've got heaven on my mind
Don't you know I want to go where the milk and honey flow
There's a light that always shines down inside this heart of mine
I've got heaven on my mind and now I'm feeling mighty fine

Yes, I'm feeling fine!
Yes I am doing much better still struggling a bit to get my energy back but still much better than I was and thank you for the song
 
I wanted to sort of make a reminder that we as brothers and sisters in Christ are called for unity and love for one another. I am aware there are differences in opinions and doctrinal understanding but we can disagree with love

Certain topics such as free will and predestination and the likes tend to bring out strife among us

1 Thessalonians 5:11 emphasizes mutual encouragement and building up, saying, "Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing". Romans 14:19 highlights the pursuit of peace and building up, stating, "Let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding". Hebrews 3:13 encourages daily encouragement to prevent hardening of hearts, urging, "But encourage one another daily

I would love nothing more than to see this with each other and to see this site become one of love and light a reminder of what Christs love does in the hearts of those who carry his name

You are amazing! You are 100 percent correct. For it is by your fruits you will know them and by your love for one another, will you be a witness to me. Unfortunately, we as men have a human tendency to flex our spiritual muscles and hide our ego's and pride behind "Doctrines and Theologies" but forget that there is much work to do in the Kingdom of Heaven that if a Baptist is right or a Pentecoastal is more holy etc. This is not to fully neglect that if someone is wrong we should rebuke them, but it should end at that and not hate and strife and separation for we all need forgiveness.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eli1
You are amazing! You are 100 percent correct. For it is by your fruits you will know them and by your love for one another, will you be a witness to me. Unfortunately, we as men have a human tendency to flex our spiritual muscles and hide our ego's and pride behind "Doctrines and Theologies" but forget that there is much work to do in the Kingdom of Heaven that if a Baptist is right or a Pentecoastal is more holy etc. This is not to fully neglect that if someone is wrong we should rebuke them, but it should end at that and not hate and strife and separation for we all need forgiveness.
Yes you are absolutely correct there is indeed much work to be done in the kingdom and we can give correction to each other but it doesn't need to go beyond that
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jordon
Yes you are absolutely correct there is indeed much work to be done in the kingdom and we can give correction to each other but it doesn't need to go beyond that

Amen! Baptists. Pentecostals, Catholics, Orthodox, tulipists and mfwers all need to begin by agreeing on the essential Gospel,
and then agree to disagree regarding the rest, avoiding quarreling by betting which fallible understanding will be revealed
as closest to correct when we get to heaven.
 
Amen! Baptists. Pentecostals, Catholics, Orthodox, tulipists and mfwers all need to begin by agreeing on the essential Gospel,
and then agree to disagree regarding the rest, avoiding quarreling by betting which fallible understanding will be revealed
as closest to correct when we get to heaven.
If we can agree on the basics and agree to disagree on the more complex issue then unity would be much easier to achieve
 
If we can agree on the basics and agree to disagree on the more complex issue then unity would be much easier to achieve

Yes, and we can, but some are unwilling (cf. Matt. 23:37), so the question is why?
Are they merely immature Christians or not truly Christians?
IOW, is (apparent) desire for quarreling more than concern for unity a didachaic symptom of imperfection (venial sin)
or of kerygmatic corruption (mortal sin)?
 
Yes, and we can, but some are unwilling (cf. Matt. 23:37), so the question is why?
Are they merely immature Christians or not truly Christians?
IOW, is (apparent) desire for quarreling more than concern for unity a didachaic symptom of imperfection (venial sin)
or of kerygmatic corruption (mortal sin)?
To be honest I believe that people actually like the debates and the constant back and forths unity is not on most peoples minds when in debates it is I will prove me right and you wrong that is on their minds.
 
Yes, and we can, but some are unwilling (cf. Matt. 23:37), so the question is why?
Are they merely immature Christians or not truly Christians?
IOW, is (apparent) desire for quarreling more than concern for unity a didachaic symptom of imperfection (venial sin)
or of kerygmatic corruption (mortal sin)?

How do you know if they are a immature Christian or not a Christian at all?

Would you say that someone who does not tell the truth is a Christian?
 
How do you know if they are a immature Christian or not a Christian at all?

Would you say that someone who does not tell the truth a Christian?
You can usually tell by their rash responses or how they at times react in an unchrist like manner sometimes it is obvious other times you have to converse with them a while to know
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ouch
To be honest I believe that people actually like the debates and the constant back and forths unity is not on most peoples minds when in debates it is I will prove me right and you wrong that is on their minds.

I agree, but what do you think causes that "like" and not keeping unity in mind?
 
I agree, but what do you think causes that "like" and not keeping unity in mind?
Well the enemy knows the art of war very well you win a war by confusing dividing and then conquering so in my opinion the enemy is behind it he loves the spirit of strife
 
Well the enemy knows the art of war very well you win a war by confusing dividing and then conquering so in my opinion the enemy is behind it he loves the spirit of strife

I think you are 100% correct, so everyone on CC needs to heed James 4:7-11.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ouch
I think you are 100% correct, so everyone on CC needs to heed James 4:7-11.
Oh by the way I joined that other site or at least I tried to only to find out I already had an account there I just haven't used it in so long. I messaged God'sgrace on there no reply yet
 
  • Like
Reactions: GWH
Oh by the way I joined that other site or at least I tried to only to find out I already had an account there I just haven't used it in so long. I messaged God'sgrace on there no reply yet

On CC one can notice the difference between loving reproof and being judgmental
or between friendly discussion and divisive quarrelling.
It is too bad/sinful/shameful/demonic when the line between is crossed
instead of James 4:7-11 heeded.
 
BTW, for those who cannot resist the temptation to bite me (Gal. 5:15), please do so only on Ouch's thread,
"God's Word vs. man's opinion like GWHs". Thanks.
LIC, GWH :love: