Yes exactly and this is what I have been trying to get people to understand thank you my friend it is good to see someone gets it.
Thank you, I would also will add if people are debating use HIS word more than their own opinion's.
When we use HIS word we have ONE foundation, how many different opinions are there?
Debates would be a lot easier if we know what is on people mind and where they get their information.
I was debating one one person and he based his foundation on GotQuestions.org, well S. Michael Houdmann is he CEO of GotQuestions.org. So he was deepening on Michael not JESUS.
Here is a for instance, I call Paul a doctor in Acts 19
Acts 19:1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
Paul asked a question, heard the reply and asked another question, heard the reply and diagnosed the problem and told them what they must do to fixe the problem.
On the other side, people were asked a question and they answered the questions, they were humble to Paul's words and obeyed him.
So I like to ask questions to get to the root of the problem.
I was listening to this one person, he said water baptized was replaced with spirit baptism.
I asked him to 1. to prove it and 2. how do we get rid of our sins?
NEVER GOT AN ANSWER and down the rabbit HOLES we went for days, and nothing was resolved.
BUT seeds were planted and with this guy maybe needs some water and more seeds? JESUS is the one who gives in increase.