A Christian Response to Gun Confiscation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 5, 2020
It was understood by the Framers of the Constitution that all the people are the militia, hence the comma before the "right of the people to keep and bear arms"
The main purpose of the Second Amendment is the security of a free state. The purpose of the the peoples' right to keep and bear arms is to protect the state.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
In our Constitution WE are "the state", we as citizens are not subservient to "the state", it exists for the citizens.
In Red China and other totalitarian regimes the people exist for the state.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
You wrote this earlier: "Dems" say stuff like "Obama was going to take our guns " Now you are contradicting yourself.
Not sure at all what the problem is. Democrats want to get rid of guns. When they start talking about gun control the gun sales go up dramatically. Hope that clarifies things for you. For the record, even though I don't own firearms I am a strong believer in the Second Amendment and the right of the citizens to freely purchase arms without undue restraints or controls.

Nov 23, 2021
316154408_5791039944289475_5085458609348703695_n.jpg
In our Constitution WE are "the state", we as citizens are not subservient to "the state", it exists for the citizens.
In Red China and other totalitarian regimes the people exist for the state.
Jesus was the Word made flesh, would that the people were the Constitution made flesh. We are becoming more like China than China is being made more like us. Today I received a notice that in December my political and religious information will be removed from Facebook. Censorship is coming people. The Constitution is a dead letter, without standing up for the Bill of Rights.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
We have not because we ask not. I believe He isn't done with us yet and the remnant of believers staying in effectual prayer is making a positive difference.(y):);)

Nov 23, 2021
We have not because we ask not. I believe He isn't done with us yet and the remnant of believers staying in effectual prayer is making a positive difference.(y):);)
Absolutely , Prayer and Intercession is where the action is . The political landscape of this terra firma will always be oppressive. Within the great commission and God's purpose , The remnant will continue to overcome. Nationalism will effectually give way to a World Government it's a process. Christ will return. I assume making a difference means sowing and watering and delivering souls , praying and such. Yeah, until then I agree 100% Prayer is Gods will and Gods Will is prayer. Let us wait upon Him for those fervent , effectual prayers that avail much that we ask Him for . Great is the Lord and Greatly to be praised.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Not sure at all what the problem is. Democrats want to get rid of guns. When they start talking about gun control the gun sales go up dramatically. Hope that clarifies things for you. For the record, even though I don't own firearms I am a strong believer in the Second Amendment and the right of the citizens to freely purchase arms without undue restraints or controls.
Plenty of Democrats who own guns and support the second amendment.
A lot of them just want things like stricter background checks, having a person have to actually demonstrate that he can safely handle a weapon before being given a license to carry it. Etc

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
A lot of them just want things like stricter background checks, having a person have to actually demonstrate that he can safely handle a weapon before being given a license to carry it. Etc
So..... how would you implement stricter background checks? How do you see that playing out?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I have no problem whatsoever with stricter background checks.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
So..... how would you implement stricter background checks? How do you see that playing out?
Anyone who is at least 18 can go to any hardware store in purchase either a shotgun or a hunting rifle
Just my subjective opinion but maybe no one should be able to purchase a firearm without a background check

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Anyone who is at least 18 can go to any hardware store in purchase either a shotgun or a hunting rifle
Just my subjective opinion but maybe no one should be able to purchase a firearm without a background check
You must not know about federal firearms laws... EVERY gun sale, from a licensed dealer HAS to go through the federal background check system. That law already exists.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Crickets.... guys, come on! This is an important discussion....
Instead of just blithely saying "we need more laws".... I want to pick everyone's brain... what laws do you think would help prevent shootings? I mean, laws that could actually be written without violating the Constitutional right to keep and bear arms?
I have a couple of ideas, but they would involve having people voluntarily give up HIPPA rights, etc...
I haven't found anyone yet that can come up with ANY law that would stop shootings.
Find the magic button to push that makes all guns disappear, and you would have mass stabbings, or bombs, or people wading into crowds swing melee weapons... like @Dude653 and his Negan bat...

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Crickets.... guys, come on! This is an important discussion....
Instead of just blithely saying "we need more laws".... I want to pick everyone's brain... what laws do you think would help prevent shootings? I mean, laws that could actually be written without violating the Constitutional right to keep and bear arms?
I have a couple of ideas, but they would involve having people voluntarily give up HIPPA rights, etc...
I haven't found anyone yet that can come up with ANY law that would stop shootings.
Find the magic button to push that makes all guns disappear, and you would have mass stabbings, or bombs, or people wading into crowds swing melee weapons... like @Dude653 and his Negan bat...
I want guns to disappear. I just don't want them in the wrong hands

Jun 5, 2020
I am one of those people. I own guns and support the Second Amendment (properly understood). I want stricter background checks, having a person have to actually demonstrate that s/he can safely handle a weapon before being given a license to carry it. Etc

Jun 5, 2020
Ok.... how do you make them stricter? Specifically....
I think that much greater screening should be done of a person's mental and emotional state prior to their being able to purchase a firearm. Have they posted thoughts online or spoken about violence and/or harming others? Have they gotten into trouble recently with family, friends, acquaintances, other workers? Have they vowed revenge for perceived wrongs? Etc.

There was yet another mass shooting reported today, this time at a Wal-Mart. This shooting follows the mass shooting at the Colorado nightclub. Something clearly needs to be done ASAP.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
The shrinks themselves admit they can't predict this, the folks that talk most never do it, the ones that don't talk about it are the ones that let things build until they blow up.

Miscreants go for soft targets, it is the probability of apprehension that deters crime, hence when you make gun free zones it attracts the miscreants.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
There was yet another mass shooting reported today, this time at a Wal-Mart.
this was workplace violence, which is a completely different event from a random "mass shooting".

I think that much greater screening should be done of a person's mental and emotional state prior to their being able to purchase a firearm.
How do you see that screening taking place? Who is going to conduct this "screening" ? The NSA? Who gets to decide where the line is drawn on someone's mental state? You are talking about a Pandora's box of incredible proportions.... if someone "fails" a check to buy a firearm, what happens when they want to renew their driver's license? Oh, we can't do that, you are mentally unfit to drive. Or get a bank loan... or rent an apartment....
Have they gotten into trouble recently with family, friends, acquaintances, other workers?
So, you and your co-worker get into an argument, and it escalates to anger, accusations, etc.... next time you try to buy a firearm.... NOPE, You've been flagged by your co-worker as being "violent"..... same thing with family members....
It's easy to throw out ideas, without a clue of the unintended consequences....