A conversation about nothing in particular

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

kodiak

Mar 8, 2015
That's the like button. Not the rep button. The SYSTEM gives reps for now, according to the site owner.
Oh, like they put in an algorithm that creates that green and red bar. Since someone gave me a red x on a post for a reaction, I now have a longer red bar?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Oh, like they put in an algorithm that creates that green and red bar. Since someone gave me a red x on a post for a reaction, I now have a longer red bar?
Yeah, now we can give negative rep so people's green bar will fluctuate..

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
My thumbs up number was my rep points total when I first signed on. It has gone up since then.
That's the number of likes you've received. WE can't give rep, the system controls it for now. Though with each like given, the green bar goes up or down, depending on whether it's a like or a dislike. :)

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I have 581 likes, but I only had 480 rep powers. Those don't show anywhere anymore. We're starting over with those with a new slate apparently.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Tourist where did you find the conversation button? I could not find one.

[/QUOT
Got me hanging my friend. It just sort of appeared somewhere. I do believe however that a conversation is treated as a PM but you can allow others to join in or block them from joining in. I am not sure if the conversations are private even if limited to just the one that you started it with. There is a lot I don't know right now.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Tourist where did you find the conversation button? I could not find one.

OK, here's the latest about conversations. To initiate a conversation click on the member's screen name. At that point you will have the option to start a conversation. Also, you will have the option to add as a someone you want to follow or remove from follower status if already is someone you are following. Also, ignore option is offered too. Apparently, if you decide to follow a member this is the equivalent of adding this member as a friend. Apparently, you don't send out a request asking for permission to be a follower. Looks like this takes the place of a friends list.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I am unhappy that the previous likes received and given, and the number of visitors that had visited your profile page is not listed. As for the number of likes it looks like the official count started a few days previously even though this is the first day that the new format actually took place. I do like the option of giving something besides a like though. This is one of the threads that I follow. I guess that is like the previous subscription which I didn't use because there would be literally over a hundred posts that would be listed at any given time. I just put it on 'watch' because I am having a problem finding the threads.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
That's the number of likes you've received. WE can't give rep, the system controls it for now. Though with each like given, the green bar goes up or down, depending on whether it's a like or a dislike. :)
Nope. I have not received almost 700 likes since signing in this morning. The thumbs up number corresponded to my last known rep power. If it was my likes, it would be close to 40K

I liked the old like system. You could find posts from them.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Nope. I have not received almost 700 likes since signing in this morning. The thumbs up number corresponded to my last known rep power. If it was my likes, it would be close to 40K

I liked the old like system. You could find posts from them.
I have about 55,000 some-odd likes. It'll show you how many if you go to your profile. I have 30 pages of likes. The trophy icon is our rep power. :) The thumbs up grows with each like we receive.