A conversation about nothing in particular

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Oh really? Did I do that? Thanks for the compliments & the wishes
1000 posts is actually quite an accomplishment as not many members will ever right that many. I am glad that you are a regular forum contributor that is willing to share snippets of your life with the rest of us. That is what family is all about.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Hello Familia. How are we today? Tonight?
Just finished work - it’s 8:30pm and I’m knackered, but thought I’d pop by and see what’s good :)
I like that word 'knackered and will incorporate it in my vehicular. What's it mean? :) :) :)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I haven't been good company lately due to a little depression that sets in occasionally. Yesterday I was feeling a bit knackered but perhaps that's not an altogether bad thing. Kinda in a reflective state of mind today but that's not an altogether bad thing either. Maybe one day I will go on the beach but not today.

Josie223

Mar 24, 2018
Cameroon
1000 posts is actually quite an accomplishment as not many members will ever right that many. I am glad that you are a regular forum contributor that is willing to share snippets of your life with the rest of us. That is what family is all about.
Thanks for the kind words brother Jerry
I am far behind, lol I didn't even notice when I got there, lol Thanks sister Mag aka colorful/clourful lady for drawing my attention. I don't know what that means to reach a thousand post..., but 1000 post is a great deal, wow! I don't wish to post for posting sake though. Let what I post be Spirit led, let it bring light/hope; praying it be edifying & may it put a smile:);):cool:
And may the name of the LORD be glorified!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Thanks for the kind words brother Jerry
I am far behind, lol I didn't even notice when I got there, lol Thanks sister Mag aka colorful/clourful lady for drawing my attention. I don't know what that means to reach a thousand post..., but thats great, wow! I don't wish to post for posting sake though. Let what I post be Spirit led, let it bring light/hope; praying it be edifying & may it put a smile:);):cool:
And may the name of the LORD be glorified!
Words of Wisdom.

Mayflowe

Oct 6, 2016
I haven't been good company lately due to a little depression that sets in occasionally. Yesterday I was feeling a bit knackered but perhaps that's not an altogether bad thing. Kinda in a reflective state of mind today but that's not an altogether bad thing either. Maybe one day I will go on the beach but not today.
Sorry to hear that. I have had depression also in the past. I have been a bit drowsy too but I have just finished an intense work period, so rolling with it and doing things in between extended rest periods, like Mel85's cat. I have been seeking extra nourishment also because I want to build myself up before starting the next project. Been reflecting also... :)

Josie223

Mar 24, 2018
Cameroon
What's happening bro? I hate that word depression. Praying you get over it asap in Jesus name. Maybe Mrs Jerry should take you down beach? lol
Hello Mrs Jerry

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Sorry to hear that. I have had depression also in the past. I have been a bit drowsy too but I have just finished an intense work period, so rolling with it and doing things in between extended rest periods, like Mel85's cat. I have been seeking extra nourishment also because I want to build myself up before starting the next project. Been reflecting also... :)
Weary from being hunted down and ready to give up the fight the prophet Elijah was told by an angel to eat and rest before beginning the assignment from the Lord that he was meant to accomplish. You are wise seeking extra nourishment to strengthen yourself for your next project doing the work that your Heavenly Father has prepared for you to accomplish through Him beforehand.

My depression is not debilitating as it comes and goes but I am still able to function. Sometimes I am at my very best when feeling depressed, perhaps God sends angels to comfort and guide me. I am pondering what lies ahead for me once my current assignment comes to a close.

Glad to have you as a member of our family. Welcome to CC.

Mayflowe

Oct 6, 2016
Weary from being hunted down and ready to give up the fight the prophet Elijah was told by an angel to eat and rest before beginning the assignment from the Lord that he was meant to accomplish. You are wise seeking extra nourishment to strengthen yourself for your next project doing the work that your Heavenly Father has prepared for you to accomplish through Him beforehand.

My depression is not debilitating as it comes and goes but I am still able to function. Sometimes I am at my very best when feeling depressed, perhaps God sends angels to comfort and guide me. I am pondering what lies ahead for me once my current assignment comes to a close.

Glad to have you as a member of our family. Welcome to CC.
Wow. I hadn't made the link between Elijah and these rest periods before (exhaustion). I like how you apply scripture in a very pertinent way... and it is important to remember that the whole thing has been planned by God... What a nourishing post!

I am glad to know that the depression is not debilitating. Is God calling you aside also? It's so good when that connection with God is maintained in the way you describe so that God is leading in the midst of all the doing and we are prepared, inside, for it first. I believe He has rest periods where He reveals Himself in a special way and assignments that are just right for us, lined up like garments (I am imagining a well-tailored suit) and when we are cleaned up and ready, they will be waiting and we can step in.

Thank you. Very pleased to meet you :D May God richly bless you.

Josie223

Mar 24, 2018
Cameroon
You shall not make for yourselves an idol, nor any image of anything that is in the heavens above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: you shall not bow yourself down to them, nor serve them, for I, Yahweh your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and on the fourth generation of those who hate me, and showing loving kindness to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments
Exodus 20:4-6

Josie223

Mar 24, 2018
Cameroon
Wow. I hadn't made the link between Elijah and these rest periods before (exhaustion). I like how you apply scripture in a very pertinent way... and it is important to remember that the whole thing has been planned by God... What a nourishing post!

I am glad to know that the depression is not debilitating. Is God calling you aside also? It's so good when that connection with God is maintained in the way you describe so that God is leading in the midst of all the doing and we are prepared, inside, for it first. I believe He has rest periods where He reveals Himself in a special way and assignments that are just right for us, lined up like garments (I am imagining a well-tailored suit) and when we are cleaned up and ready, they will be waiting and we can step in.

Keep posting and being inspired brother Jeryy. As you allow yourself used by God, you may not even imagine how many souls/lives your are blessing & edifying.
Praise God

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

I believe that God called me aside years ago. After an intense period of depression and reflection lasting many such months living in a cage in the prison of my mind the Holy Spirit told me that my purpose in life was to alleviate pain and suffering to those that God brings my way. I have often failed at certain tasks but God is faithful in that He picks me up, dusts me off and sends me on my way again.

You are right in saying that it is God who orchestrates and choregraphs the role that each one of His humble and faithful servants are called to play, and if for some reason we decline, He will appoint another to take our place.

The way that I look at things is that life for me is a series of adventures, sometimes not pleasant, often hard but always worth the experience that is gained and the costs of admission.

I crashed and burned in 2014 and was practically destroyed in the process as my previous assignment which lasted 11 years and 2 months came suddenly to a close. It was devastating and horrific. After that, like the prophet I mentioned, I was allowed to received nourishment, rest, and after months of reflection I boldly moved forward again confident that the Lord will neither leave or forsake me.

It is certainly a pleasure meeting you as well and pray that you have had interesting adventures as well on your spiritual journey in life and pray for this for the others that God has steered my way as well.

Many such journey's are possible for those that are willing to keep their minds and hearts open to the plans that God has for them. I believe that you are willing as well. May God be with you always.