A conversation about nothing in particular

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Josie223

Mar 24, 2018
Cameroon
For do I now persuade men or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
Gal.1:9

T

toinena

Memo is extremely stubborn. He doesn't move. If he lays a place it is because he has decided and he will not move if he doesn't feel like doing so. Now he has a habit sleeping on top of my hair in such a way I can't move my head. Perhaps I have a bad breath or something.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Thanks sweet sister
sweet dreams dear one. If I stay up that late I would not go to work the next day or I would spend the next day at work sleeping
You are welcome, Josie :) I stayed up even later, responding to a couple of more posts, one a prayer request. Oy, it was close to two in the morning when I went to bed :eek: Yeah, that is late, even for me, and I was quite tired when I first woke up this morning, but now that I am at work and have had coffee, I feel energized and about as normal as ever :giggle::unsure:;):unsure::giggle:

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
I haven't been good company lately due to a little depression that sets in occasionally. Yesterday I was feeling a bit knackered but perhaps that's not an altogether bad thing. Kinda in a reflective state of mind today but that's not an altogether bad thing either. Maybe one day I will go on the beach but not today.
Praying for you brother, in that God will always give you the righteous mindset for whenever depression sets in. I also pray against depression and that God removes it completely from you in Jesus Name!

Mel85

Mar 28, 2018
Sorry to hear that. I have had depression also in the past. I have been a bit drowsy too but I have just finished an intense work period, so rolling with it and doing things in between extended rest periods, like Mel85's cat. I have been seeking extra nourishment also because I want to build myself up before starting the next project. Been reflecting also... :)
I pray that you may receive the FULL and POWERFUL nourishment that can only come from our Father, and that you may rest in Him whenever you need to. In Jesus Name!

Mel85

Mar 28, 2018
Wow. I hadn't made the link between Elijah and these rest periods before (exhaustion). I like how you apply scripture in a very pertinent way... and it is important to remember that the whole thing has been planned by God... What a nourishing post!

I am glad to know that the depression is not debilitating. Is God calling you aside also? It's so good when that connection with God is maintained in the way you describe so that God is leading in the midst of all the doing and we are prepared, inside, for it first. I believe He has rest periods where He reveals Himself in a special way and assignments that are just right for us, lined up like garments (I am imagining a well-tailored suit) and when we are cleaned up and ready, they will be waiting and we can step in.

Thank you. Very pleased to meet you :D May God richly bless you.
In agreement with brother Jerry, welcome May to CC :)

Blessings ❤️

Mel85

Mar 28, 2018
You shall not make for yourselves an idol, nor any image of anything that is in the heavens above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: you shall not bow yourself down to them, nor serve them, for I, Yahweh your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and on the fourth generation of those who hate me, and showing loving kindness to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments
Exodus 20:4-6
Amen sister Josie, thanks for the uplifting encouragement xx

Mel85

Mar 28, 2018
I believe that God called me aside years ago. After an intense period of depression and reflection lasting many such months living in a cage in the prison of my mind the Holy Spirit told me that my purpose in life was to alleviate pain and suffering to those that God brings my way. I have often failed at certain tasks but God is faithful in that He picks me up, dusts me off and sends me on my way again.

You are right in saying that it is God who orchestrates and choregraphs the role that each one of His humble and faithful servants are called to play, and if for some reason we decline, He will appoint another to take our place.

The way that I look at things is that life for me is a series of adventures, sometimes not pleasant, often hard but always worth the experience that is gained and the costs of admission.

I crashed and burned in 2014 and was practically destroyed in the process as my previous assignment which lasted 11 years and 2 months came suddenly to a close. It was devastating and horrific. After that, like the prophet I mentioned, I was allowed to received nourishment, rest, and after months of reflection I boldly moved forward again confident that the Lord will neither leave or forsake me.

It is certainly a pleasure meeting you as well and pray that you have had interesting adventures as well on your spiritual journey in life and pray for this for the others that God has steered my way as well.

Many such journey's are possible for those that are willing to keep their minds and hearts open to the plans that God has for them. I believe that you are willing as well. May God be with you always.
You definitely are used by God to help and encourage others bro. Myself included :) when we rest in Him, and His ways things become clearer and easier to carry. Notice, I don’t say things stop for us to carry but we in our walks with Christ must endure the sufferings as Christ did, as it says in Phillippians, “for it is a privilege to trust in Christ but also a privilege to suffer for Him”.

You are very valued to us and I always appreciate your words of wisdom bro ❤️

Mel85

Mar 28, 2018
Depression is bad company. We are many here that struggle with different degrees of depression. I am praying for you, brother. Despite everything you are always supportive and encouraging, and there has been many times when I have been feeling down and worthless when a "like", reply or a "rep" from you have saved the day.
Hello beautiful, nice to see you pop in :) hope you stick around for a bit. Thanks for your support for our dear bro ❤️

Mel85

Mar 28, 2018
I often get like that too. It’s several months since I last had a day off all to myself with no pressure to hurray home or be at work.

So today I decided I just needed a me day all for me. I didn’t plan it exactly I got up this morning for work as usual. Got showered, made my aunts breakfast, changed her bed, sorted out her meds for the day, made her a packed lunch, had my breakfast.

Then I was just waiting for the carer to arrive before I went to work so I could give the carer some last minute instructions. I just thought to myself “I’m so tired so out of sorts I really don’t want to be in work today”.

I couldn’t shake off the thought. So I rang in work and asked if I could have the day off. My work is up to date so they said yes. Yippee. So then I just left shortly after the carer arrived.

I didn’t say I wasn’t going to work, didn’t say anything. Saw no reason to say anything,

So I took myself off to the cinema popcorn, tall lemonade etc.

Then went for a leisurely lunch in a nice cafe. Had a stroll around the shop. Then got a massive piece of cake and a coffee. (I do drink coffee when I’m out).

Even the sun came out it was forecast breezy and rain. It started off overcast but as soon as I set off the sun came out and it’s been wall to wall blue skies. Lol

Sometimes you just need to step back a bit. It was my Elijah moment.
Hey lovely, this is great ! Hehe an example of just being able to unwind and relax. Sometimes we need just that right? I like how everything just unfolded for you in the day - it wasn’t initially planned by I see how God was holding your hand that day. Praise our Father!! 💕

Mel85

Mar 28, 2018
Memo is extremely stubborn. He doesn't move. If he lays a place it is because he has decided and he will not move if he doesn't feel like doing so. Now he has a habit sleeping on top of my hair in such a way I can't move my head. Perhaps I have a bad breath or something.
Memo is your dog right? How old is he? That’s Adorable that he does that - it’s actually a sign of trust :)

Mel85

Mar 28, 2018
You are welcome, Josie :) I stayed up even later, responding to a couple of more posts, one a prayer request. Oy, it was close to two in the morning when I went to bed :eek: Yeah, that is late, even for me, and I was quite tired when I first woke up this morning, but now that I am at work and have had coffee, I feel energized and about as normal as ever :giggle::unsure:;):unsure::giggle:
Bless you sis for attending to fellow peoples prayer requests and posts. Coffee? I need that too I think 🤔:p

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Good afternoon fellow peeps. I just finished with my latested edit on my second book. I worked on it six hours today and just sent the changes off. I am also doing laundry and cooking supper tonight. I thought I say hi, and ketchup a little later.

Mel85

Mar 28, 2018
Good afternoon fellow peeps. I just finished with my latested edit on my second book. I worked on it six hours today and just sent the changes off. I am also doing laundry and cooking supper tonight. I thought I say hi, and ketchup a little later.

May you have a blessed day brother D. Glad to know your book is coming along fine. Praise God!

Here ya go ❤️❤️❤️

Josie223

Mar 24, 2018
Cameroon
Oh wow dear sis. That's great, maybe I should start taking coffee too, lol
Bless you