A conversation about nothing in particular

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Tourist - Where exactly again in Florida do you live? I know Orlando is in the 90's or for our Aussie friends that's about 33 Celsius. LOL. :unsure:...
I live in Clearwater which is adjacent to Tampa and St. Petersburg. I have lived in this part of Florida for almost 4 years and also lived in the Orlando area for 20 years. Yeah, it's getting hot here but hopefully the daily afternoon summer thunderstorms will start soon. That helps cool it off by a few degrees. Tampa is considered the lightning capital of the world. I love a good storm as long as I'm not driving in it.

Aug 2, 2009
I live in Clearwater which is adjacent to Tampa and St. Petersburg. I have lived in this part of Florida for almost 4 years and also lived in the Orlando area for 20 years. Yeah, it's getting hot here but hopefully the daily afternoon summer thunderstorms will start soon. That helps cool it off by a few degrees. Tampa is considered the lightning capital of the world. I love a good storm as long as I'm not driving in it.
I visited Orlando a couple of times in the 1980's and I still remember the heat and humidity. The first time my family went they actually had a hurricane. We got stuck inside this grocery store and the big tall storefront windows looked and sounded like they were going to break from the wind and rain. It was also very dark out even though it was mid afternoon. Scary stuff! Hope you and the misses don't get too much of that this year...

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
I got used to a Mediterranean climate in Southern California. The main difference between that and Florida's weather is humidity. That is what bothers me most about the weather here in the Midwest. You can take the dry heat better than the humid heat. I bet you don't know how I got this "comic sans MS" font to display. :cool:

Aug 2, 2009
Yea I used to live on the east coast where they had humid summers. I am so glad I moved out here.. (y) I don't think I can handle the humidity anymore. We get a few humid hot days here and I feel like I want to die lol.

L

loverofjesus27

I’m time challenged, uhh is the time right? Who’s time am i on? Yeah well..

Aug 2, 2009
I got used to a Mediterranean climate in Southern California. I grew up there, I envy your weather. :D
Where do u live now?

It actually gets very hot here. Sometimes past 110 degrees. It wan't that bad before, and we seem to get a lot more humidity now. I don't know why but now we have it, but its not quite as bad as florida or the east coast.