A conversation about nothing in particular

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Creepy crawly death dealer on my overhead light, looking for some din din.. I'd kill him but he eats the beetles.. lol 2mpe5id.gif

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
And just like that she disappeared LOL see ya lovely Karen 🌸💕

Feb 14, 2018
Our dead-set determination to BB of use never means half so much as the times we have not been thinking of being used - a casual conversation, an ordinary word, while our lives were "hid with Christ in God."

We have nothing to do with our "usability," but only with our relationship to Jesus Christ; nothing must BB allowed to come in between.

There is a great danger in asking, "What is the use of it?" There is no use in it at all. If you want a life of usefulness, don't BB a Christian after our Lord's stamp; you will BB much more useful if you are not. The cry for the standard of usefulness knocks the spiritual Christian right out; he dare not touch it if he is going to remain true to his Master.

Take the life of Our Lord: for three years all He did was walk about saying things and healing sick people - a useless life, judged from every standard of success and of enterprise. If Our Lord and His disciples had lived in our day, they would have been put down as a most un-useful crowd. In Spiritual matters we can never calculate on the line of - "What is the use of it!"

God has called us to BE! Transformed and changed by Our Lord as a New Creation in Him ... The rest is His to use as He wants! "Shall what is formed say to Him who formed it, why did you make me like this?" Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use? (Romans 9:20-21).

It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy. For the Scripture says to Pharaoh: "I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth." (Romans 9:16-17).

Our life is but His handi-work then isn't it? He claims a fact that His will will BB done on earth as it is in heaven - We are either a part of that fact or it is not His life at all we live - and if we find our life but do not lose our life for His name sake we have no life that bears eternity with Him. May God greatly encourage us today to simply BE in Christ fully dependent on Him! Bring out the obedience shoes and place the service shoes in the closet, for your obedience will be serving Him without highlighting it, but instead will highlight Jesus Himself.

Amen... :)

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Good morning Deade! So nice to see you here today! How are you? We haven't spoken in a while! :)
Yes Huffel, I was just musing on that yesterday. Some worry that our thread is dying, but methinks people just be busy. Worry is just a lack of faith. I have faith in God, myself, my peeps and many things. That includes this thread. So there you have it, this is home to me. Let's just Praise Yah together!

PS: I am just fine, how about you?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Yes Huffel, I was just musing on that yesterday. Some worry that our thread is dying, but methinks people just be busy. Worry is just a lack of faith. I have faith in God, myself, my peeps and many things. That includes this thread. So there you have it, this is home to me. Let's just Praise Yah together!

Worry is NOT a lack of faith. It's a normal human emotion, caused by this fallen world. Not from a lack of faith..

Feb 14, 2018

I am doing very well thank you, my brother! These days I pop in and out when I can and I think of you all often. I do miss you all and look forward to those times where we can ketchup! LOL

Yes, lettuce praise His name together!

Amen!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
In a word, its because of... people. :confused: But I'm ok now... I'm going to costco :)
I love going to Costco. We go there about every 3 weeks. Last time we went there were no free samples that appealed to me but usually by the time that we leave I'm not hungry anymore.

Aug 2, 2009
I love going to Costco. We go there about every 3 weeks. Last time we went there were no free samples that appealed to me but usually by the time that we leave I'm not hungry anymore.
Oh yea, they only give free samples out around lunch time and early-mid afternoon. :)