A conversation about nothing in particular

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

slave

Mar 20, 2015
Remember when i said my distractions is thinking...... i think a lot and it annoys me, it makes me vulnerable. My question is how do we know what we're to think or better still, what are we to think? and how do we stop our former thinking thinking and embrace the new one or how do we stop thinking completely

Hello becc - I feel like I am at the game with ya - good color commentary Thx for that! - LOL ;):) ...

I sent you more on this subject in conversation but I thought I would summarize even here:

The phenomena of a Christian’s mind under the attack of evil spirits are manifold and various. One principle, however, underlies them all: the person has lost his or her control. According to the ordering of God, each of man’s natural abilities (among which is the thought process of the mind) should be subject completely to man’s own rule. But should a Christian unknowingly give ground to evil spirits they may occupy his mental life and take direct action therein, unhampered by the victim’s will. Consequently, if ever the Chrisitian discovers any independent action in his mind he should realize he is under the assault of the powers of darkness.

Inactivity in place of activity, disquietude (a state of uneasiness or anxiety) instead of calm, restlessness due to overflowing thoughts, inability to concentrate or distinguish or remember, confusion beyond control, labors without fruit, worklessness during the day and dreams and visions in the night, insomnia, doubts, unwatchfulness, fear without reason, disturbance to the point of agony -one and all are nefariously inspired by the evil spirits.

The answer is to be actively placing your mind in Christ and as His Spirit employs your mind to be used by you towards His ends, you should place your mind in Christ thinking and meditating on the things of His Word and of His directives spiritually given by He Himself as He develops those thoughts within your heart to your mind as you place it there. You need to learn the intuitive voice of the Holy Spirit speaking to your spirit, but as you have been learning of the importance of time spent in His presence quietly - this will develop for He comes to you! Be patient with yourself and diligent in things He makes clear for you to do.

(Philippians 4:8): New International Version (NIV)
8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

slave

Mar 20, 2015
Go Mexico! Wait What? LOL :unsure::whistle::unsure::whistle::giggle: .... ok, time for coffee either way! :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee: will five cups be enough? I think so!

I am glad for Brazil (Brasil) ...

becc

Mar 4, 2018
Hello becc - I feel like I am at the game with ya - good color commentary Thx for that! - LOL ;):) ...

I sent you more on this subject in conversation but I thought I would summarize even here:

The phenomena of a Christian’s mind under the attack of evil spirits are manifold and various. One principle, however, underlies them all: the person has lost his or her control. According to the ordering of God, each of man’s natural abilities (among which is the thought process of the mind) should be subject completely to man’s own rule. But should a Christian unknowingly give ground to evil spirits they may occupy his mental life and take direct action therein, unhampered by the victim’s will. Consequently, if ever the Chrisitian discovers any independent action in his mind he should realize he is under the assault of the powers of darkness.

Inactivity in place of activity, disquietude (a state of uneasiness or anxiety) instead of calm, restlessness due to overflowing thoughts, inability to concentrate or distinguish or remember, confusion beyond control, labors without fruit, worklessness during the day and dreams and visions in the night, insomnia, doubts, unwatchfulness, fear without reason, disturbance to the point of agony -one and all are nefariously inspired by the evil spirits.

The answer is to be actively placing your mind in Christ and as His Spirit employs your mind to be used by you towards His ends, you should place your mind in Christ thinking and meditating on the things of His Word and of His directives spiritually given by He Himself as He develops those thoughts within your heart to your mind as you place it there. You need to learn the intuitive voice of the Holy Spirit speaking to your spirit, but as you have been learning of the importance of time spent in His presence quietly - this will develop for He comes to you! Be patient with yourself and diligent in things He makes clear for you to do.

(Philippians 4:8): New International Version (NIV)
8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
I will, thank you once again sir slave.

becc

Mar 4, 2018
The way this stuff is going.... i'm thinking it ill end with croatia playing against russia... just a thought... any comment?

becc

Mar 4, 2018
Is it just me or is the russia worldcup music mixed with the video sound so heroic and all.... When i hear that music i'm always like :eek:........ :unsure:

becc

Mar 4, 2018
Am i the only one who prefers reading books as they are than watching the movie adaptation?..... for example, the twilight saga.... Mzone just finished showing the first part of twilight and it reminded me of when i was in my school hall after a program, i saw a girl holding the first book of twilight saga and i was begging her to borrow me when she was done with it but she didn't cuz it wasn't hers and we weren't in the same class and also we didn't know each other. Bummer eh?

slave

Mar 20, 2015
i was begging her to borrow (implying - take and use) me when she was done with it
Or you could ask her to loan (implying - advance for a period of time) the book to you instead ... instead of loaning yourself to her and insisting she want to have you ... but then again maybe that isn't what you wanted ... LOL :p;):) - Just kidding .

slave

Mar 20, 2015
Or you could ask her to loan (implying - advance for a period of time) the book to you instead ... instead of loaning yourself to her and insisting she want to have you ... but then again maybe that isn't what you wanted ... LOL :p;):) - Just kidding .

By the way as I re-read my post I saw how it could be misconstrued as meaning something I wouldn't mean so it was just a tease on the wording part only is all! :oops:

becc

Mar 4, 2018
Over here borrow is what we use,still, changing the words will have no effect.... i know how my school mates are

becc

Mar 4, 2018
By the way as I re-read my post I saw how it could be misconstrued as meaning something I wouldn't mean so it was just a tease on the wording part only is all! :oops:
I saw that part and i was like whaaaa? lol, jk.... i brushed it aside