A conversation about nothing in particular

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Definitely, as long as it isn't hot like today.
Yeah, in Caribou, Maine it is hotter than Clearwater, Florida. I check the Weather Channel all of the time for the weather in Rockland, Maine where I lived for 8 years. For some reason that city seems to always be the coldest in the state even though it's much further south then the northern cities. Probably 'cause it's right on the coast. I think that it hit 70 there today. They never have much of a summer. I really enjoy the change of seasons, even winter but in Rockland even the winter is screwed up because every time there is a major snowfall it eventually turns to rain and ruins the whole experience. A very dark, damp, and gloomy place. The farthest north I have been is Bangor. Spent most of January 2007 there on a demo job tearing apart the old Holiday Inn there. Frigid. High's in the low single digits for days on end. Lots of snow too.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
@tourist missed you and glad you’re here !! How are you sweet brother!? 💙
I'm sorry I have not been on the thread lately. I have been working extra days lately and always not enough time or too tired. It just seems that the thread is not the same type of atmosphere anymore and I miss how it used to be. I have a lot of ketchup I mustard do. Perhaps, mayo a bit later. Glad to see you again my dear friend. I just saw your life bit pic of the sun, clouds and the church. Awesome. Looks a little chilly though. Stay warm. :)

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
I'm sorry I have not been on the thread lately. I have been working extra days lately and always not enough time or too tired. It just seems that the thread is not the same type of atmosphere anymore and I miss how it used to be. I have a lot of ketchup I mustard do. Perhaps, mayo a bit later. Glad to see you again my dear friend. I just saw your life bit pic of the sun, clouds and the church. Awesome. Looks a little chilly though. Stay warm. :)
It’s extremely cold and thank you for pointing that out lol do look after yourself ya hear, you don’t wannabe overworking.

Yea, the thread may be not what it was but hey, were all still here and like you, we all have things going on in our lives which keeps us busy at times. But also making new friends and new memories is just as important as the past. We’ve had a couple of people come by and it’s always nice to meet them :)

Monnkai

Mar 18, 2014
So here's a live audience at a live vocaloid concert. And yes those are actual Holograms! From what I hear they actually make ones you can physically touch. Im just wondering why Len and Rin are dressed so cutely as cats while singing one of vocaloids darkest songs lol :3

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
It’s extremely cold and thank you for pointing that out lol do look after yourself ya hear, you don’t wannabe overworking.

Yea, the thread may be not what it was but hey, were all still here and like you, we all have things going on in our lives which keeps us busy at times. But also making new friends and new memories is just as important as the past. We’ve had a couple of people come by and it’s always nice to meet them :)
I'm going to make it a point to visit often as I miss my peeps. Also, it is always good to meet the new peeps too. I wonder if slave and HUFL love each other and are contemplating marriage but they probably won't let on in this thread. It would seem a shame though if they went their own separate ways after months of displays of affection. I hope that's not the case.

kodiak

Mar 8, 2015
Yeah, in Caribou, Maine it is hotter than Clearwater, Florida. I check the Weather Channel all of the time for the weather in Rockland, Maine where I lived for 8 years. For some reason that city seems to always be the coldest in the state even though it's much further south then the northern cities. Probably 'cause it's right on the coast. I think that it hit 70 there today. They never have much of a summer. I really enjoy the change of seasons, even winter but in Rockland even the winter is screwed up because every time there is a major snowfall it eventually turns to rain and ruins the whole experience. A very dark, damp, and gloomy place. The farthest north I have been is Bangor. Spent most of January 2007 there on a demo job tearing apart the old Holiday Inn there. Frigid. High's in the low single digits for days on end. Lots of snow too.
Yeah, that sort of winter does not sound very pleasant. I enjoy being able to see all of the seasons up here, but I think it is a good thing winter is my favorite. Winter is definitely interesting up here, people show up at school on skis or snow-sleds. Rockland get a bunch of ice from the mix of sow and rain?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Yeah, that sort of winter does not sound very pleasant. I enjoy being able to see all of the seasons up here, but I think it is a good thing winter is my favorite. Winter is definitely interesting up here, people show up at school on skis or snow-sleds. Rockland get a bunch of ice from the mix of sow and rain?
Yeah, the slush freezes up and ice is all over the place. In 2011 I slipped on an icy patch and broke my right arm. It was horrific up there, especially watching my late wife die by degrees each day. She died on Feb 21, 2014 on a Friday night from a pulmonary embolism. It was actually a little warm that night with a light drizzle and fog. After I had the doctor removed her respirator that was keeping her alive I gently stroked her hair, told her that I would see her again and kissed her goodbye. She died a minute later. I immediately left the hospital room, walked out into the gloom of night and cried my eyes out.

T

theanointedsinner

Is relaxation and comfort what you want? Or is it Jesus Christ? Wish what you want but what reality is - will always be - Christ Jesus.

Both nations and individuals have tried Christianity and abandoned it, because it has been found too difficult; but no man has ever gone through the crisis of deliberately making Jesus Lord and found Him to be a failure.

So, it comes back to the question: What do you want? And who do you say Jesus Christ is? But keep in mind - reality will always be Christ Jesus!

(Matthew 12:35-37): 35 The good man brings out of his good treasure what is good; and the evil man brings out of his evil treasure what is evil. 36 But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment. 37 For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”
I want to be able to allow Jesus to love me, if possible find comfort and rest in Jesus
but what does allow mean, in this context?

Ok, Today's question is as written. I say this because within us we want to ask more specific questions about the question. But allow yourself to think about it as written. Then as you pray about it - let me know what you think - this can be fun and insightful I hope and pray.

Question:

"Are we all one?"
Yes we are

slave

Mar 20, 2015
I want to be able to allow Jesus to love me, if possible find comfort and rest in Jesus
but what does allow mean, in this context?

Yes we are
"Allow" means to give God permission to be Lord. We must give Him by our volitional will thru belief and confession and obedience allowance for Him to be Our Lord. We must let, permit, authorize, sanction, license, and enable God to be your new creation which constitutes the death to the right to ourselves and complete dependency on Him as your new life. He will make you into His likeness therefore. It is you willing to give Him His will as your own.

Are we all one? - your answer: yes we are

Ok - But why and how? Is there a difference between Christians being one and mankind being one? Is all of mankind nonetheless one as well? Explain your answer. What makes mankind one? What makes His Church one? Are they both one? Or is there separation of groups? Yet, is there still oneness in all of us?

becc

Mar 4, 2018
I have been off this thread for several weeks so I have a lot of ketchup I mustard do. Perhaps, mayo a bit later. We have our own type of vehicular, uh, vernacular in our lexicon. Glad to have you pop in. Condiments play an important role in the way we speak, and coffee is the beverage of choice unless you are a tea drinker. I'm trending towards espresso myself. :)
Nice welcome speech