I came back to God in 2011 after backsliding for many years. Not long after my return several things began happening and it became evident to me that He was helping me to sort out my life, and get me on the right track.
Prior to the vision I was having problems with my father-in-law. He's strict, very old school, controlling, a devout catholic, and he interferes a lot in his sons' marriages. I was beginning to feel inferior to him, yet I really made an effort with him, welcoming him into our home for the holidays even.
At the time I had not really read much of the word, and so God chose to communicate with me through a vision, which became a very valuable lesson for me. Difficult to explain and make sense of, but I was in my home office one day when suddenly I spaced out. I wasn't sleeping, I was completely awake, but it was like God froze me in time to where nothing else existed but this vision. I don't even know how long it lasted for or how I came out of the vision either. It was literally like time had stopped.
In this vision, God showed me my FIL on his knees, looking upwards and crying out to God to have mercy on him. It was made known to me that he was in hell, even though I didn't see any flames (I was spared scary imagery) but he was on the floor and isolated in a pit, and though he was in darkness in the vision I was able to see him through like a spotlight.
God wanted me to see my father-in-law as a weak man. It really humbled me and actually made me feel sorry for him. It completely changed the way I looked at him, and I felt such peace knowing that God is in control and much more powerful than any created being. While I had previously been praying for God to humble him I learnt a big lesson myself, that I needed to be humbled!! What a twist!!
Since the vision, my relationship with my FIL has forever changed. This vision really humbled me and showed me how he's another sinner who is weak and in desperate need of God's mercy also.
Again, I hadn't read much of the word at that point, so it's amazing looking back now and seeing how this vision aligns with the scriptures.
I hope all who read this find it encouraging! Please feel free to share any scriptures that relate to this..... any on humility, God's power, etc, etc. Would love to see them
Prior to the vision I was having problems with my father-in-law. He's strict, very old school, controlling, a devout catholic, and he interferes a lot in his sons' marriages. I was beginning to feel inferior to him, yet I really made an effort with him, welcoming him into our home for the holidays even.
At the time I had not really read much of the word, and so God chose to communicate with me through a vision, which became a very valuable lesson for me. Difficult to explain and make sense of, but I was in my home office one day when suddenly I spaced out. I wasn't sleeping, I was completely awake, but it was like God froze me in time to where nothing else existed but this vision. I don't even know how long it lasted for or how I came out of the vision either. It was literally like time had stopped.
In this vision, God showed me my FIL on his knees, looking upwards and crying out to God to have mercy on him. It was made known to me that he was in hell, even though I didn't see any flames (I was spared scary imagery) but he was on the floor and isolated in a pit, and though he was in darkness in the vision I was able to see him through like a spotlight.
God wanted me to see my father-in-law as a weak man. It really humbled me and actually made me feel sorry for him. It completely changed the way I looked at him, and I felt such peace knowing that God is in control and much more powerful than any created being. While I had previously been praying for God to humble him I learnt a big lesson myself, that I needed to be humbled!! What a twist!!
Since the vision, my relationship with my FIL has forever changed. This vision really humbled me and showed me how he's another sinner who is weak and in desperate need of God's mercy also.
Again, I hadn't read much of the word at that point, so it's amazing looking back now and seeing how this vision aligns with the scriptures.
I hope all who read this find it encouraging! Please feel free to share any scriptures that relate to this..... any on humility, God's power, etc, etc. Would love to see them