A little food for thought.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

massorite

Jan 3, 2015
If there were giants in the earth in Genesis 6 and the flood came and killed every air breathing creature on the face of the earth except for the animals in the ark and the 8 souls of the family of Noah. Where did the Giants come from in the book of Joshua if Giants in Genesis 6 all died in the flood???

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
If there were giants in the earth in Genesis 6 and the flood came and killed every air breathing creature on the face of the earth except for the animals in the ark and the 8 souls of the family of Noah. Where did the Giants come from in the book of Joshua if Giants in Genesis 6 all died in the flood???
Noah's children or on-th-ark in-laws?

Jun 10, 2019
You would have to look into the book of Enoch 15:8-11 which is not canonical only in Ethiopia, thus believe or not it’s up to you.

Aug 10, 2019
Canada
What lesson is there in this question that would help a person learn about God or deepen a relationship with Him?

Apr 15, 2017
It could be one of Noah's sons wives had that DNA in her and we know that after the flood it speaks of all 3 sons and their genealogy that were different ethnic groups.

Gen 10:2 The sons of Japheth; Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras.

Gen 10:6 And the sons of Ham; Cush, and Mizraim, and Phut, and Canaan.

Gen 10:21 Unto Shem also, the father of all the children of Eber, the brother of Japheth the elder, even to him were children born.
Gen 10:22 The children of Shem; Elam, and Asshur, and Arphaxad, and Lud, and Aram.

All 3 sons all had children that covered different ethnic groups.

But if all came from Adam and Eve then where did the different ethnic groups come from unless they were all in Adam and Eve.

Unless at the tower of Babel where God confounded their language and gave them different languages He also changed their DNA to produce the different ethnic groups so they would not come together as one to try to do their own thing going against the operation of God on earth hindering it.

Goliath was 6 cubits which a cubit is 1.5 feet so he was 9 feet tall.

The tallest person recorded which they say is irrefutable is Robert Wadlow at 8 feet 11.1 inches.

Which the 10 tallest people are all over 8 feet.

But it would seem like the giants back then would be healthier and like a normal person at their height and normal body function than the things that cause people to be tall today.

Jan 25, 2015
If we look at the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah we can see that the men in the town were trying to reach the angels to have intercourse with them. The fact that they were so nonchalant about it goes to show that we can argue it was not uncommon in those days to see angels.

This is open for discussion but the first giants was born from intercourse between mankind and fallen angels so maybe it happened the same way the second time.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Where did the Giants come from in the book of Joshua if Giants in Genesis 6 all died in the flood???
You would have to ask Joshua. Chances are that there was some genetic defect in a group of people living in a specific region, possibly caused by some chemical imbalance.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
This is the genealogy of Noah. Noah was a just man, perfect in his generations. Noah walked with God.
(Genesis 6:9, nkjv)
that word translated here as 'perfect' is Strong's 8549, tamim
it means complete, without blemish, sound, having integrity, undefiled -- or "uncontaminated"

Noah was uncontaminated.

this isn't said about the rest of his family, his sons or his sons wives. so there's one line of reasoning.

another appears when we ask, how did there come to be giants?
by genetic inheritance? or by genetic manipulation? if 'mighty men' weren't naturally occurring, but made, then we'd have another ready answer to how there came to be giants again, later.

Jan 17, 2020

NEPHILIM AFTER THE FLOOD

Genesis 6:4 pointedly informs readers that the Nephilim were on earth before the flood “and also afterward.” The phrase looks forward to Numbers 13:33, which says with equal clarity that the oversized descendants of Anak “came from the Nephilim.”12 The sons of Anak, the Anakim, were one of the giant clans described in the conquest narratives (e.g., Deut 2:10–11, 21; Josh 11:21–22; 14:12, 15). The text clearly links them to the Nephilim, but how is this possible given the account of the flood?13

Heiser, M. S. (2015). The Unseen Realm: Recovering the Supernatural Worldview of the Bible (First Edition, p. 189). Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press.

Aug 10, 2019
Canada
NEPHILIM AFTER THE FLOOD

Genesis 6:4 pointedly informs readers that the Nephilim were on earth before the flood “and also afterward.” The phrase looks forward to Numbers 13:33, which says with equal clarity that the oversized descendants of Anak “came from the Nephilim.”12 The sons of Anak, the Anakim, were one of the giant clans described in the conquest narratives (e.g., Deut 2:10–11, 21; Josh 11:21–22; 14:12, 15). The text clearly links them to the Nephilim, but how is this possible given the account of the flood?13

Heiser, M. S. (2015). The Unseen Realm: Recovering the Supernatural Worldview of the Bible (First Edition, p. 189). Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press.
Worrying about how things such as this are possible is the result if one insists on interpreting the Bible literally, as if a reporter was there taking down events and reporting them as history. There's much deeper meaning to much of what is written in Genesis in my opinion.

Jan 17, 2020
Worrying about how things such as this are possible is the result if one insists on interpreting the Bible literally, as if a reporter was there taking down events and reporting them as history. There's much deeper meaning to much of what is written in Genesis in my opinion.
I think they actually saw Nephthalim after the flood so this alone would stretch anything but a literal interpretation.

7seasrekeyed

this is one of those things people either believe or twist until it suits them

Bible says what it says

the Nephilim were born to angels who left their first estate and human women

and they did exist after the flood as DaveL points out

that is also interesting because this is the first time I have agreed with Dave on anything...:eek:

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
As the wonderful bumper sticker cites, "God said it, I believe it, so that settles it" Sounds too simple but when it comes down to thee nitty gritty, I do follow this to the best of the ability graced me by our Father...

oyster67

May 24, 2014
The same place the antedeluvial giants did?

Corrupted angels survived the flood.

massorite

Jan 3, 2015
What lesson is there in this question that would help a person learn about God or deepen a relationship with Him?
You know a man asked me that same question once. He asked "How is this relevant to a person's walk with God?? When he asked me this question I was pointing out that at the death of Stephen scripture says that Christ was standing at the right hand of God and that was the only place in the Bible that Christ is standing at the right hand side of the throne of God, every other verse in the New Testament when it is mentioned Christ is sitting at the right hand of the throne of God.
Act 7:55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
Act 7:56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.
My point was that if we want to know how Christ feels about our willing sacrifice in His name Acts 7:55-56 tell us. Christ was giving Stephen a standing ovation for his willingness to give up his life in the name of Christ.
I have a concern with your question because it implies that there are scriptures and information in the Word Of God that are less relevant then other scripture.

So I am going to answer your question with another question, "What part of the Word Of God is not relevant or doesn't count??
Every single word in the Word of God is of the utmost relevance to every single Believer in the world and to imply that any of the Word Of God is irrelevant to the walk of any Believer is what I consider to be an insult to God. Every single part of the Word of God was given to us as a gift from God so we would have knowledge and insight to live by is part of our reward for giving Christ control over our life.

massorite

Jan 3, 2015
I agree. The two most important books of the Bible are the beginning and the end. Genesis and Revelation. However I disagree with
NEPHILIM AFTER THE FLOOD

I agree. The two most important books of the Bible are the beginning and the end. Genesis and Revelation. However I disagree with your assessment of the fact that the Bible "implies" anything at all. I have a rule that I live by when it comes to researching scripture and this is my rule "If it is not written in the Word Of God it is Not".

Gen 6:1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
Gen 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
Gen 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
Gen 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
Gen 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
Gen 6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
Gen 6:7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

Gen 6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
These verses above are the only verses that speak on the subject of the Giants until after the flood and I can prove to you that the Anakims were not descendants of the giants that lived before that Flood came and killed every air breathing soul on the face of the earth. One reason is that the giants as a tribe with a name is never mentioned in the above verses I quoted. So we have no idea if they even were a "tribe" or not. But we do know that the word Nephilim in the Hebrew is speaking about "fallen angels"
The Giants mentioned in the Word Of God after the flood were not the descendants of the giants from before the Flood they were the descendant of someone who simply appears in scripture just once and is never mentioned again. His name was Arba.
Jos 14:15 And the name of Hebron before was Kirjatharba; which Arba was a great man among the Anakims. And the land had rest from war.

Jos 15:13 And unto Caleb the son of Jephunneh he gave a part among the children of Judah, according to the commandment of the LORD to Joshua, even the city of Arba the father of Anak, which city is Hebron.
Jos 21:11 And they gave them the city of Arba the father of Anak, which city is Hebron, in the hill country of Judah, with the suburbs thereof round about it.

This person just suddenly appears in scripture from no where with no birth date and no family or kin folk mentioned, no father, no brothers or sisters, no mother and so on. Yet the above scriptures quoted tell us that this person Arba was the Father of Anak who had sons who were giants who became known as the tribe of the Anakims.
As for the word "come" in Num.13:33 the word "come" speaks of the present verses the word "came" which speaks of the past. If Num. 13:33 was referring to the giants of Genesis it would be using the word "came" to tell us clearly that the giants of the book of Joshua were the descendant of the giants of Genesis.
Num 13:33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.
There is no scriptural that Arba ever lived on the earth before the flood. But we know he lived on the earth after the flood.

massorite

Jan 3, 2015
The same place the antedeluvial giants did?

Corrupted angels survived the flood.
Sorry but I disagree because there is no scriptural proof that any of the fallen angels survived the flood. Otherwise the Word of God would have told us. To say that some of the fallen angels survived the flood is to make an assumption about the Word of God with absolutely no scriptural proof.
Gen 6:1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
Gen 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
Gen 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
Gen 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
Gen 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
Gen 6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
Gen 6:7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

Gen 6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
These verses above are the only verses that speak on the subject of the Giants until after the flood and there is not one single mention about any of the fallen angels or giants surviving the flood.
I can prove to you that the Anakims were not descendants of any giants that lived before the Flood came and killed every air breathing soul on the face of the earth. One reason is that the giants as a tribe with a name is never mentioned in the above verses I quoted. So we have no idea if they even were a "tribe" and there is no blood line recorded in scripture to fallow. But we do know that the word Nephilim in the Hebrew is speaking about "fallen angels"
The Giants mentioned in the Word Of God after the flood were not the descendants of the giants from before the Flood they were the descendant of someone who simply appears in scripture just once and is never mentioned again. His name was Arba.
Jos 14:15 And the name of Hebron before was Kirjatharba; which Arba was a great man among the Anakims. And the land had rest from war.

Jos 15:13 And unto Caleb the son of Jephunneh he gave a part among the children of Judah, according to the commandment of the LORD to Joshua, even the city of Arba the father of Anak, which city is Hebron.
Jos 21:11 And they gave them the city of Arba the father of Anak, which city is Hebron, in the hill country of Judah, with the suburbs thereof round about it.

This person just suddenly appears in scripture from no where with no birth date and no family or kin folk mentioned, no father, no brothers or sisters, no mother and so on. Yet the above scriptures quoted tell us that this person Arba was the Father of Anak who had sons who were giants who became known as the tribe of the Anakims.
As for the word "come" in Num.13:33 the word "come" speaks of the present verses the word "came" which speaks of the past. If Num. 13:33 was referring to the giants of Genesis it would be using the word "came" to tell us clearly that the giants of the book of Joshua were the descendant of the giants of Genesis.
Num 13:33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.
There is no scriptural proof that Arba ever lived on the earth before the flood. But we know he lived on the earth after the flood.

massorite

Jan 3, 2015
Noah's children or on-th-ark in-laws?
Gen 7:7 And Noah went in, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons' wives with him, into the ark, because of the waters of the flood.
There is no record of anyone else entering the Ark except for what is spoken of in Gen 7:7. No in-laws or any other extended family recorded.