A local pastors advice troubles me...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 4, 2020

WithinReason

Feb 21, 2020
What does that mean to you?
Many things, beginning with the words "dragon", "energy" and "brother".

Dragon implies several connections, which include, but are not limited to the devil, as well as astrology (stars, such as Draco, or Zodiac), and secret societal connections.

Energy implies just as many connections, especially spiritualism (the gods of 'forces'), when tied into the first word.

Brother implies the same, and especially when known about the secret societal connections, as (Free)Masonry, Illuminati, and such like, use the word "brother" not in a Christian manner, as scripture would relate, but as one among the pact-makers.

The man is deeply tied by 'contract' no matter how one desires to consider those words. He is essentially slave to such, and must promote what they demand of him, or the 'tap' is turned off to him. Consider the connections of the economic level with a bizarre 'song' called "Closed On Sunday (Chick-Fil-A)", where the lyrics state, "Closed on Sunday, you my Chick-fil-A". Then consider the amount of money Mr. West dumps into the food industry.

When one considers what he says about Jesus previous, who then is this "Jesus is King" that he speaks of in lyrical content? Take heed, study carefully.

Mar 4, 2020
Many things, beginning with the words "dragon", "energy" and "brother".

Dragon implies several connections, which include, but are not limited to the devil, as well as astrology (stars, such as Draco, or Zodiac), and secret societal connections.

Energy implies just as many connections, especially spiritualism (the gods of 'forces'), when tied into the first word.

Brother implies the same, and especially when known about the secret societal connections, as (Free)Masonry, Illuminati, and such like, use the word "brother" not in a Christian manner, as scripture would relate, but as one among the pact-makers.

The man is deeply tied by 'contract' no matter how one desires to consider those words. He is essentially slave to such, and must promote what they demand of him, or the 'tap' is turned off to him. Consider the connections of the economic level with a bizarre 'song' called "Closed On Sunday (Chick-Fil-A)", where the lyrics state, "Closed on Sunday, you my Chick-fil-A". Then consider the amount of money Mr. West dumps into the food industry.

When one considers what he says about Jesus previous, who then is this "Jesus is King" that he speaks of in lyrical content? Take heed, study carefully.
Unless he was already in a situation where his words were already documented by the public eye and then changed and came to Christ.

There are people who are now legit Christians who weren't raised in the church and that is ok. The whole point of the gospel is to be for sinners and to leave the 99 sheep to find the lost.

Feb 10, 2020
Scotland
Kanye Spent his entire life following a corrupt world, but now he is a Christian. The accumulated baggage and life decisions he made as a world-famous rapper living a worldly lifestyle don't just instantly evaporate the moment he believed in Christ.

He has, however, made great strides to entirely change the message of his song lyrics which are now like gospel music lyrics, I understand. He also has millions of fans and is now using his soap box to spread the gospel to them who are eagerly awaiting his valuable perspectives. Kanye West will bring a lot of people to Christ, glory to God.

He also has a ministry of preaching the gospel in prisons and distributing Bibles. If openly professing faith in Christ, showing a changed lifestyle, and fulfilling the great commission aren't Christian (as some people in this thread seem to be asserting) then what is?

Anyway, I wouldn't let one pastor's advice to listen to West's music trouble you. I don't listen to West either, but wouldn't be opposed or troubled by it.
The evidence I’m seeing is he is an absolute deceiver and leading people astray.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
well I remember a pastor recommending to read books by Joel Osteen, which I didnt think were REALLY christian the same way I would be skeptical of Kanye West...bestsellers that are popular but probably just fluff.

I think recommendations are a bit subjective but this kind of disturbed me a little cos he was a pastor, obvioulsy older and supposedly more learned. I dont go to that church anymore and I didnt end up reading any of Joel Osteens books. Sorry Joel.
You didn't miss anything. I've never read his books, but I did analyze his sermons. They were devoid of any content, biblically. He would quote one out of context verse, then not even explain it. He writes at about a grade 6 level. It's nice to say he writes for people who are functionally illiterate, but sadly, I would say that he is the illiterate person.

We won't even get into his heretical theology. Joel is one of the dumbest people with such a large congregation. I account that to his salesman like charm and manipulations. But preacher and writer, Joel is not!

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
What is interesting, is that Kanye West, in April 25, 2018, tweeted about Donald J Trump:

"... You don’t have to agree with trump but the mob can’t make me not love him. We are both dragon energy. He is my brother. ..." - Metro CO UK - What is the Kanye West Donald Trump connection? | Metro News
Dragon is symbol of masculinity or stereotypically male qualities in Chinese culture, I think by dragon energy he meant being active as opposed to passive, strong, go-getter, assertive, etc. I know this because I watch Chinese period dramas... :LOL::LOL::ROFL::ROFL:

Mar 4, 2020
I think the question should be what does this tell us?
And the answer is a LOT.

Dragon energy? Come on!!
'he used the term dragon energy, now I don't like him."

That really isn't a reason to say he is a deceiver and not a Christian. He made that quote in 2018 and came to Christ in 2019. And I don't think it means what you seem to think it means.

Jun 26, 2020
Before I converted, I had spent a lot of money on music CDs, from bands like Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne, Marylin Manson, Yngwie Malmsteen, etc.
I threw it all in the trash bin, because it was demonic and carnal, when someone converts to Christ, must leave the culture of the world and the worldly people.
One day I watched a video of these "worship shows" by Kanye West, it was full of red lights, purple lights, I also saw in another video two children girls walking in clothes with alligator or snake skin textures.
It was all demonic, like an Apocaliptical Babylon, and Kanye West is not a convert, and only deceives false believers.

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
It’s funny you say that I’m a musician. I play drums and guitar and have also done sound engineering and played other instruments.

Music really was at the centre of my life. I have been thinking about getting a guitar and keyboard and writing my own worship music as I used to write songs all the time in bands I played in.

I was well and truly put off music because I started to really sense the evil behind a lot of it.

I’m going to get a guitar and keyboard again :)
That's awesome, I can hardly play a radio :) ..I haven't heard or know much about Kanye except he claims Jesus .. There's probably a lot better places to attack before Kanye comes up on the list .. Do you like Bob Dylan and have you heard his gospel songs ?

Feb 10, 2020
Scotland
Before I converted, I had spent a lot of money on music CDs, from bands like Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne, Marylin Manson, Yngwie Malmsteen, etc.
I threw it all in the trash bin, because it was demonic and carnal, when someone converts to Christ, must leave the culture of the world and the worldly people.
One day I watched a video of these "worship shows" by Kanye West, it was full of red lights, purple lights, I also saw in another video two children girls walking in clothes with alligator or snake skin textures.
It was all demonic, like an Apocaliptical Babylon, and Kanye West is not a convert, and only deceives false believers.
Absolutely! It’s in our faces, how anyone can’t see is beyond me unless of course they know fine well which is a strong possibility.

It feels good to let go of the things of this awful fallen world I’m sure you’ll agree :)

Feb 10, 2020
Scotland
That's awesome, I can hardly play a radio :) ..I haven't heard or know much about Kanye except he claims Jesus .. There's probably a lot better places to attack before Kanye comes up on the list .. Do you like Bob Dylan and have you heard his gospel songs ?
No not at all, he’s another mega famous mega celebrity working for the same beast system unfortunately. I refuse to listen to any of it anymore, it’s demonic and spell casting.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
No not at all, he’s another mega famous mega celebrity working for the same beast system unfortunately. I refuse to listen to any of it anymore, it’s demonic and spell casting.
I liked his Christian songs, and my husband was a Bob Dylan fan from way back. He only lasted 3 years on the Christian music scene. He started not believing what he was singing about. As John says in 1 John 2:19:

"They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us." 1 John 2:19

I imagine he just got caught up in a new fad, played along, then left. Never belonged to to God!

Feb 10, 2020
Scotland
I liked his Christian songs, and my husband was a Bob Dylan fan from way back. He only lasted 3 years on the Christian music scene. He started not believing what he was singing about. As John says in 1 John 2:19:

"They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us." 1 John 2:19

I imagine he just got caught up in a new fad, played along, then left. Never belonged to to God!
Absolutely agree. And I think if these people are getting so much mainstream attention and money that they most definitely are not on the side of the Most High. It should ring alarm bells for anyone.

Feb 10, 2020
Scotland
Hey everyone

I’m just going to post this here rather than posting a new thread because it’s a similar situation...

I asked a pastors advice on where to get a King James Bible as I would like to have one. I have an English standard version.

He said he wouldn’t advise on it because it’s difficult to read and there’s a lot of YouTube conspiracy that the King James Version is the best but to take that with a grain of salt.

I’m not judging here or asking on what to do but simply you’re opinion on that statement?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Hey everyone

I’m just going to post this here rather than posting a new thread because it’s a similar situation...

I asked a pastors advice on where to get a King James Bible as I would like to have one. I have an English standard version.

He said he wouldn’t advise on it because it’s difficult to read and there’s a lot of YouTube conspiracy that the King James Version is the best but to take that with a grain of salt.

I’m not judging here or asking on what to do but simply you’re opinion on that statement?
is this the same pastor.

why do you bother asking him when you can just ask God?!

KJV is available free you dont need to necessarily buy it on amazon or watch you tube.

It just shows you the pastor thinks its difficult to read the KJV and he seems to watch you tube a lot.

lol

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
yes there is music that is scripture in song and its called, funnily enough Scripture in Song. look it up.
its produced by husband and wife team the Garretts. They are getting on a bit now but their music is timeless.