A moment with a higher power

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

APOModern

Jun 22, 2018
What was a/the moment(s) that you feel you have been touched or undoubtedly reminded of a higher power in life?

U

Ugly

Higher power? A rather generic term.

And the Testimony section isn't an ideal place to create a discussion.

APOModern

Jun 22, 2018
Didn't really know where to post. I'm new and was trying to be broad

AlecBeach

Jun 8, 2018
What was a/the moment(s) that you feel you have been touched or undoubtedly reminded of a higher power in life?
I've felt like my old friends and animals who have passed were with me at points. I'm not religious but I hope for an afterlife.

APOModern

Jun 22, 2018
I've felt like my old friends and animals who have passed were with me at points. I'm not religious but I hope for an afterlife.
How did you know it was them/feel it?

U

Ugly

Didn't really know where to post. I'm new and was trying to be broad
This is a site based around a community that believes very specifically in God, not just a "higher power". Being so broad is actually a disservice to you in a place where people are quite specific on the subject.
Also being on a site where people are dedicated to and centered around their belief in God it stands to reason we've all had the experiences you're asking about.

If you're ever unsure where to make a new thread the Misc forums would probably be ideal. There's also more conversational traffic.

If you repost there perhaps narrowing down your question will help, since people may be less focused on your wording.
Perhaps something like... share a moment when God touched your life. Or something like that.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I was touched by a higher power about a month ago while changing a light switch.

U

Ugly

I see you're not a believer either, but that from a biblical standpoint that's not possible. There is no biblical proof that animals have souls and go into the afterlife.
Once in heaven, or hell, a soul cannot have contact with the inhabitants of earth.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Welcome APOModern, I, and many here experince the presence of G-d each day and frequently as once we accept Christ and make Him Lord of our lives He indwells us and is "an ever present help in times of trouble" who , as He said "Will never leave us or forsake us".
There are experiences Christians have that don't always have a specific parallel in scripture, you will find that after you accept Christ and make Him Lord of your life. In those times we can trust that G-d only does good and loves us very much.

AlecBeach

Jun 8, 2018
I see you're not a believer either, but that from a biblical standpoint that's not possible. There is no biblical proof that animals have souls and go into the afterlife.
Once in heaven, or hell, a soul cannot have contact with the inhabitants of earth.
Well I can believe that they have souls because some are actually better than people.

U

Ugly

Well I can believe that they have souls because some are actually better than people.
I'm not on a site based off of the beliefs I hold to argue with someone that doesn't.
You joined and logged in to a site whose basis is the bible so expect to be given biblical views. That you're going to argue when that happens and share silly, objective views as an opportunity to argue reveals your true purpose here.

Feb 28, 2016
even though we definitely, totally cannot stand your adav, ug,
you do make a very valid point...

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Regardless of whether or not you believe in God you will have an afterlife, the kind of afterlife you have is up to you. It is best to get right with God. I suggest you read the bible and start with the book of Romans which covers salvation very well. The gospel of John is another good book in the bible to start a personal relationship with God. God's existence is not predicated on your religion or believing in Him but your existence is so I urge you to get right with God while there is still time. Start doing it today, now because once you die it is too late. Don't take tomorrow for granted. Don't even take the next 5 minutes for granted. Today, when you hear His voice harden not your heart, while it is still called Today. Tomorrow may be too late.

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
God is the highest power and ever-present in our lives. I have tangibly experienced his hand many times…especially healing and provision for my family. God is good all the time.

T

theanointedsinner

the ground feels endlessly big
the sky feels endlessly big

God is endlessly big

so bit, I feel small

yet, I'm still significant because God care enough about me to sustain me

and, all I have to do is trust him.

learn to trust the awe of God

Psalms 46:10 - be still and know that I AM God
I will be exalted among the nation
I will be exalted in all the earth

Janna38

Jul 2, 2018
the ground feels endlessly big
the sky feels endlessly big

God is endlessly big

so bit, I feel small

yet, I'm still significant because God care enough about me to sustain me

and, all I have to do is trust him.

learn to trust the awe of God

Psalms 46:10 - be still and know that I AM God
I will be exalted among the nation
I will be exalted in all the earth

This is too long to read.

AlecBeach

Jun 8, 2018
I'm not on a site based off of the beliefs I hold to argue with someone that doesn't.
You joined and logged in to a site whose basis is the bible so expect to be given biblical views. That you're going to argue when that happens and share silly, objective views as an opportunity to argue reveals your true purpose here.
I don't believe in the old testament. All I know is that God would love all being equally. And if you don't want to believe that then why should he believe that he cares for us? We were all made in his image. Every Dog, Cat, Spider or Bird.

U

Ugly

I don't believe in the old testament. All I know is that God would love all being equally. And if you don't want to believe that then why should he believe that he cares for us? We were all made in his image. Every Dog, Cat, Spider or Bird.
Contradict much?
How can you say you don't believe in the OT then turn around and quote it? And even misunderstand what you quote on top of it.