A Nation under Judgement.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Blackpowderduelist

Thats not how we should read the bible. We can't apply every verse to ourselves, out of context.
Either answer the question or do not, not need to make rationalizations

AndyMaleh

Jun 26, 2020
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Ungodliness, hatred, blasphemy, sexual immortality, murder, corruption, pestilence.....Is America under God’s judgment? As a person of faith, I cannot deny that the answer is yes.

With all the chaos that seems to consuming and growing throughout the country, I am reminded of how God finally had enough of the Israelites wickedness.

My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. "Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you as my priests; because you have ignored the law of your God, I also will ignore your children”
Hosea 4:6

I live in a state that has completely abandoned any notion or reverence for Jesus. Anything called good is shamed. Anything evil is embraced. Of course there are still many God fearing people here, but our number continue to decline.

Can we as nation repent and call on God’s mercy? The people of Nineveh repented and mourned at the preaching of Jonah and God forgive them. Can we also? Sadly I don’t see that happening.

“Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.”
2 Chronicles 7: 14
Mat 7:21-23 (NET)
Judgment of Pretenders

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of heaven—only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven. 22 On that day, many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many powerful deeds in your name?’ 23 Then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you. Go away from me, you lawbreakers!’

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Either answer the question or do not, not need to make rationalizations
So we aren't called by his name, and no need to humble ourselves and pray, and no way God will heal our land.
I don't generalise every verse, narrative , and context. I read who its talking to and what its about . The verse in question is specifically about Israel . We should not apply every verse to ourselves in this clumsy way .

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Christians are God's people

the NT speaks of fasting

you can just ignore all of it though since it seems to disagree with your personal interpretations
The OT speaks about building an Ark ,but we know who that command was given to .

B

Blackpowderduelist

I don't generalise every verse, narrative , and context. I read who its talking to and what its about . The verse in question is specifically about Israel . We should not apply every verse to ourselves in this clumsy way .
So we are not his people called by his name, and we aren't to humble ourselves and pray, and He will not heal our land as a result?
This is the question. Please answer that.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
This is specifically referring to Israel.
So we are not his people called by his name, and we aren't to humble ourselves and pray, and He will not heal our land as a result?
This is the question. Please answer that.
1) Not in the sense of the verse in question .

2) Not in the sense or context of the verse in question .

3) ' Healing the land ' refers to Israel and not the USA in 2020 .
let's read what the bible says and not apply verses out of context.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Can we as nation repent and call on God’s mercy? The people of Nineveh repented and mourned at the preaching of Jonah and God forgive them. Can we also? Sadly I don’t see that happening.
The answer to the above question is "No". At least 40% of the population has been supporting evildoers with their votes for almost two decades, and things have only become worse recently.

This fits in with Bible prophecies which essentially say that seducers shall wax worse and worse in the last days. What we are now seeing with the COVID tyranny is the preparation for the rise of the Antichrist, following which God will pour out His wrath on this earth. In the meantime, Christians can (and should) focus on the preaching of the true Gospel and the harvest of souls. Those who talk about a revival in the future are simply promoting delusion.
“Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.”
2 Chronicles 7: 14
This may or may not apply to the United States. It was directly applicable to the nation of Israel, and as we know from the history of Israel recorded in Scripture, it did not go into effect, and there was no national repentance. Indeed Israel went into Assyrian and Babylonian captivity, following which Rome took control of Palestine. Then Israel was dispersed because of the nation's rejection of Christ and the Gospel.

All of this sounds rather gloomy until we see that God has already revealed to us that following divine judgments on this world, the Lord Jesus Christ Himself will establish His literal, physical and spiritual, tangible, and visible Kingdom on earth and reign over it eternally. From God's perspective on time, only about six days have elapsed.

Also, while God ALLOWS evil to flourish on earth, He does not condone evildoers. They will receive their just desserts at the Great White Throne Judgment. And those who had received more light but turned away from it (such as a large number of Americans) will be judged more severely.

B

Blackpowderduelist

1) Not in the sense of the verse in question .

2) Not in the sense or context of the verse in question .

3) ' Healing the land ' refers to Israel and not the USA in 2020 .
let's read what the bible says and not apply verses out of context.
So I should stop praying for this nation to repent, and for God to heal this nation, because it is not applicable to us?

S

Scribe

The wickedness of worldly people isn’t why we’re under judgement, they are part of the judgement. It’s Gods people that have brought Gods judgement on us.

This forum is a microcosm of Gods people and it doesn’t appear that Gods people have humbled themselves nor are they seeking Gods face and likely will not be doing so any time soon.
I think these forums represent a fringe group among the saints. Most of you will never hear anyone in your churches discuss the topics in these forums.

If you are not mindful of that you might get a wrong view of reality and think that people in your church are like people in these forums but you are probably the only one in your church like you. ;)

In real life I hope we are not conversation monopolizers and spouters of our opinions and instead are asking people about themselves and listening and showing that we care about them, and loving on them. That is what most people need, not our opinions about things that really don't matter to them.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
The Word allows for nations to be led by God or not. When a nation turns from God it is not going to receive His help.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
The Word allows for nations to be led by God or not. When a nation turns from God it is not going to receive His help.
" The word ' allows ' . Do you mean the whole nation of all those lost people ,receiving help ? What sort of help ? Are they not destined for hell unless they believe the Gospel?

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
We can say and believe whatever we want but God will be the judge of that. So whether I think I have or not has no bearing on anything other.
But somehow you're cool with judging the hearts and mind's of others, but want no part of judging your own heart and mind.

and you can't see the hypocrisy of that?

B

Blackpowderduelist

Its up to you . What do you mean by ' heal this nation '? and ' national repentence?
You know, the infanticide, and this push toward transgenderism, the emasculating of young boys, destruction of the nuclear family. All that stuff.

Jan 12, 2019
You know, the infanticide, and this push toward transgenderism, the emasculating of young boys, destruction of the nuclear family. All that stuff.
The only nation that God will relate to, as a nation, is Israel.

For the rest of us, God relates to us as individuals.

Nov 23, 2013
But somehow you're cool with judging the hearts and mind's of others, but want no part of judging your own heart and mind.

and you can't see the hypocrisy of that?
I don't even judge my ownself why would I care what you or anybody else thinks of me?

I spoke the truth in my initial statement, and I didn't judge anyone. I simply stated the obvious.

B

Blackpowderduelist

The only nation that God will relate to, as a nation, is Israel.

For the rest of us, God relates to us as individuals.
I don't think God relates to any nation at all. I think it's on an individual level period. Not withstanding that God relates to the body of believers as a nation.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
I'm talking about scriptural authority and how its not good to take a verse and apply it out of context.

K

kaylagrl

I don't think God relates to any nation at all. I think it's on an individual level period. Not withstanding that God relates to the body of believers as a nation.
We're having this discussion in the Replacement Theology thread. Believers are not a nation. For more detail check out the discussion.