First off, thanks for responding!
That's a great question!
I'm glad you asked that!
It depends on the person. People are different. I have found I can't approach everyone the same way especially when it comes to this issue.
I have been apart of different people's lives, who struggled with homosexuality, two of which I will elaborate on.
One was an individual who dated my cousin who was gay and attracted to males yet he was trying to do his best to live a Godly lifestyle in pursuing heterosexual relationships. How did I "deal" with him? I didn't "deal" with him per say I more or less treated him like any other human being. Not passing final judgment since only God knows the condition of someones heart. And at the same time judging the sin.
He actually went a step further and married someone, a female, not my cousin, and had children. He now works as a professional helping others who have the same struggle. (Although I don't know how long that will last since homosexuality isn't considered a mental illness anymore and is approved or seen as a possibility for legitimate marriage between two "consenting" individuals of the same sex.)
What more can I do for him? He is a professing Christian who seems to have repented. So Pray. Encourage. Etc.
The other I met in a mental health institution and he was more or less was comfortable being gay. I did the same for him, treated him like anyone else, but at no time did condone his lifestyle. Again, I didn't know the condition of his heart so I could not pass final judgement. Really this was my first time being around someone who was openly homosexual. So I really had no idea what to do. I probably should have at least warned him.
(Others might have handled this situation differently than I have, everyone is different. I probably could have handled this situation better. But again it was my first experience.)
People do need to be warned if they engage in any sinful activity. I myself want to be warned or rebuked if I am in sin.
At the same time God is Judge and God will Judge the world, aren't we to Judge those inside the church?
There is another possibility. If I were to come across a "married" practicing homosexual couple I would probably not have them apart of my life in any way. Maybe you have a better way of dealing with that. I don't know since it has not happened to me (yet?). What would you do in this case? Warn them yes but what if they don't listen?
The most I think I can do in any situation is pray for the individual(s). God can do what I certainly can't.
So I could definitely use some advice as far as that is concerned...
As far as the brevity or lack of elaboration in the post, this was done on my part to leave the forum open to any direction it could be taken while maintaining the fact that homosexuality is a sin.
I didn't want to take the chance of having people who disagree with that fact coming in an debating with me or others when scripture makes that very clear.
Again, this is a great question and I am very open to what you think you would do in this situation. It would be very helpful for me to hear.
Great question, and I am open advice, views or opinions of others.
Even if it is just you and me.
(For everyone else reading, realize, I am human and make mistakes, even when I write, please refrain from picking apart what I say in order to argue with me as though I know everything I am talking, because I don't.)