A New Identity and Definition of Ronnie.

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 1, 2015
1,198
15
0
I need a new definition of who Ronnie is, I have been defined all my life by the woman who bore me, i.e. my Daddy's wife, by school mates, and by co-workers, and by nearly every other person.

I am not going to refer to my Daddy's wife as mother anymore, but privately, I can't talk that way to my younger brother, he won't believe nor accept that kind of talk; I can't talk that way to him, but if I could write a book.

God used that to make me the merciful and tender hearted man I am to day. God uses adversity as his molding and teaching tools.

My Dad never had love and daily non-sexual intimacy of his wife (had 4 kids), she was a Cold Fish, frigid.

I know that I have been a conformer, conforming to people's image and idea of me, I know that I have a passive mind, but this is a new beginning for me and I believe that there is a bright future for me.

Her idea of sex got transferred to me, she thought that sex period was fulger, I am convinced, so I picked that up. I grew up hating to be touched, in the 70s I was standing at a customer service counter of a dept. store where I worked when a female co-worker walked up and her hand lightly brushed mine. I jerked my hand to my chest.

A man at my church knew this about me so he hugged me until it was uncomfortable, he tried to help me.

The most uncomfortable time was when a Cambodian boy rubbed my shoulders (how do you spell the word I am looking for), talk about painful, but I couldn't let him know so I endured.

I overcame a lot of this crap (pardon my french, hehe). :)
 
You are free Ronnie, free in Christ. You are now a new creation, and the old you is gone. You are no longer conformed to this world, but God has given you a new heart and mind. For the old identity of you has died, and you have a new one. You are no longer bound to who you used to be. Your identity is no longer what society or even what your own family says you are, but it is in who God says you are. Your identity is found in Christ Jesus.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

Romans 12:2
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.