T
toinena
Guest
This past years have been like a rollercoaster. Losing my job, getting three jobs and then the offers are redrawn because of either my disability or my service dog, either way it is discriminating, falling in love with the wrong guy, messing (only online, but still... I shouldn't have done it) with another to get over the first one and falling for a third that didn't work out, either. Getting three jobs and accepting two of them, changing one of them. Taking my examns in Finnish and Norwegian, losing my son! (Long story. He is alive, but no contact what so ever). This has been my life for the last three years. I am quite exhausted. Wrestling with a chronical, progresive muscular dystrophy does just make my life a bit more challenging. And it doesn't help that I work three jobs and have Airbnb on top of everything.
I pray for a new season. For restoration. For stability. OH! I crave for stability. Just one part of this life's puzzel in place. I wish my son comes back, and I pray to get the job at the local "senior high" I have dreamt of since I moved here 7 years ago. I wish I had a husband, although that seems far fetched and I wish I had my health restored.
I have just handed in an application for position at the senior high. I know I have some great references, and my boss at my second job promised to "sell me in". It would be perfect! Salary is good, building is accessible, and the school is just great. I want that job!!!!!
I am starting on my master's degree this fall, too. And it is something that i am really excited about. And my mum has contacts in the field I am working in (Norwegian as a second language) in Canada, and they want me to have some cooperation with a Univeristy there. My grandfather wrote a book about his time in Canada that is now going to be published posthum in the States and in Canada.
So lot of balls in the air. And who was talking about stability?
What is stability anyway? I have my house. I have my faith. I have a sound economy. Still. I feel restless like something crucial is missing. Perhaps the stability I crave for is to rest in what I have and leave the rest to the Lord?
I pray for a new season. For restoration. For stability. OH! I crave for stability. Just one part of this life's puzzel in place. I wish my son comes back, and I pray to get the job at the local "senior high" I have dreamt of since I moved here 7 years ago. I wish I had a husband, although that seems far fetched and I wish I had my health restored.
I have just handed in an application for position at the senior high. I know I have some great references, and my boss at my second job promised to "sell me in". It would be perfect! Salary is good, building is accessible, and the school is just great. I want that job!!!!!
I am starting on my master's degree this fall, too. And it is something that i am really excited about. And my mum has contacts in the field I am working in (Norwegian as a second language) in Canada, and they want me to have some cooperation with a Univeristy there. My grandfather wrote a book about his time in Canada that is now going to be published posthum in the States and in Canada.
So lot of balls in the air. And who was talking about stability?
What is stability anyway? I have my house. I have my faith. I have a sound economy. Still. I feel restless like something crucial is missing. Perhaps the stability I crave for is to rest in what I have and leave the rest to the Lord?