A NON-CHARISMATIC UNDERSTANDING OF TONGUES

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

obedienttogod

Jan 3, 2019
You have got to be close to my age. I am 70, and getting older by the minute. I can relate to Barney Fife.

You are indeed a Blessed Man to have seen that many years. I finally made it to half a century lol (50) :)

My grandfather had me read the scripture text he would eventually preach on to the congregation. For some reason, even doing just that much as a young boy, I had an idea of the need to be genuine. It connected myself to many Older Saints, and that imprinted in me the importance of their view, even back then. And I think because of that, I get many people who believe I am older than I actually am :)

obedienttogod

Jan 3, 2019
Some where between Rev. 3:22 and Rev. 6:10, we will hear the Trumpet of the LORD, and the Archangel SHOUT:

Matthew 25:6 (ESV)
6 But at midnight there was a cry, ‘Here is the bridegroom! Come out to meet him.’

What a GLORIOUS Day that will BE!

AMEN!!

Wished it was this very moment!!

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
You are indeed a Blessed Man to have seen that many years. I finally made it to half a century lol (50) :)

My grandfather had me read the scripture text he would eventually preach on to the congregation. For some reason, even doing just that much as a young boy, I had an idea of the need to be genuine. It connected myself to many Older Saints, and that imprinted in me the importance of their view, even back then. And I think because of that, I get many people who believe I am older than I actually am :)

In my younger years, I used to think I was a Christian because I took up space on a pew. I was born again the night of 29 Dec. 1977, after a third attempt at suicide in five days. I was raised Lutheran, but they did not teach Born Again. I was almost 29, when I found out via the Holy Spirit, I had not even began my CHRISTIAN LIFE. I remember the HOLY SPIRIT gave me a Prayer that I had NEVER HEARD BEFORE. I wept and cried over my UTTER SINFUL LIFESTYLE for a couple hours, when I began to pray, And I meant it with my whole BEING:

"Lord forgive me! If you have a purpose for my life, You will have to come into my heart and You will have to run my life, because I can't do it. I am making a total mess of it."

Did HE REALLY take Charge of my LIFE ? Oh my YES! How does a Nebraska farm boy, become a Volunteer Protestant Chaplain with NO Bible College experience, in the newest End of the Line super max Prison in California? It was NOT ME, HE KEPT OPENING THE DOORS, and I just Kept walking through them. HE gave me a precious gift when I was Born Again, and that was Total Trust in HIM.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
AMEN!!

Wished it was this very moment!!

You may be interested in a BIBLE STUDY that I did about 5 years ago, on the Calling Out Of The Bride Of Christ.

https://christianchat.com/bible-dis...bride-to-go-to-the-wedding-of-the-lamb.95283/

Yes, he gave me a lot of people to witness to over the Years. It just AWES me.

One amazing fact, HE let me keep my dark hair.

I never have dyed it. But it has to do with genetics, because my Dad did not start to turn gray until he was 70 also.
I guess I can expect it to finish turning gray.

G

GtrPkr

I just moved to a new city in N Alabama where "Charismatic" preaching seems to be very popular and I'm trying to find a new church. I attended a service last Sunday and, as a musician, I was completely blown away by the lights, sound, the band and the praise and worship show! It was truly awesome, I really enjoyed it! But then the preacher stepped up to the microphone and immediately began babbling.... Then half the congregation responded with the same babble. Sorry, but I got absolutely nothing from that....

K

kaylagrl

I can assure you he reads with avid interest everything you post

he would get up in the middle of the night to read your posts

Ya think? Well, who knows. If he doesn't have the stamina to discuss without being belligerent well, that's on him. Again, I don't answer people that block me.

K

kaylagrl

I just moved to a new city in N Alabama where "Charismatic" preaching seems to be very popular and I'm trying to find a new church. I attended a service last Sunday and, as a musician, I was completely blown away by the lights, sound, the band and the praise and worship show! It was truly awesome, I really enjoyed it! But then the preacher stepped up to the microphone and immediately began babbling.... Then half the congregation responded with the same babble. Sorry, but I got absolutely nothing from that....

He began speaking in tongues? Is that what you mean by "babbling" Kind of odd to start a service off that way.

obedienttogod

Jan 3, 2019
In my younger years, I used to think I was a Christian because I took up space on a pew. I was born again the night of 29 Dec. 1977, after a third attempt at suicide in five days. I was raised Lutheran, but they did not teach Born Again. I was almost 29, when I found out via the Holy Spirit, I had not even began my CHRISTIAN LIFE. I remember the HOLY SPIRIT gave me a Prayer that I had NEVER HEARD BEFORE. I wept and cried over my UTTER SINFUL LIFESTYLE for a couple hours, when I began to pray, And I meant it with my whole BEING:

"Lord forgive me! If you have a purpose for my life, You will have to come into my heart and You will have to run my life, because I can't do it. I am making a total mess of it."

Did HE REALLY take Charge of my LIFE ? Oh my YES! How does a Nebraska farm boy, become a Volunteer Protestant Chaplain with NO Bible College experience, in the newest End of the Line super max Prison in California? It was NOT ME, HE KEPT OPENING THE DOORS, and I just Kept walking through them. HE gave me a precious gift when I was Born Again, and that was Total Trust in HIM.

That is Wonderful Brother!!
You are indeed definitely Blessed!!

On a side note:
I have met several people who have told me, they were baptized in the Lutheran/Catholic/few other Denominations as an infant.

This has always led me to ask, "Well, as an infant, did you say to your parents, that your desire was to be baptized because you acknowledged that you are a sinner?"

I have yet to get a "Yes" on that one. But it has generally led them to rethink and then make it right. I just don't understand the priest/pastor following such a tradition. as baptizing a baby who is clueless to what is going on, and then claim the baby is saved :(

obedienttogod

Jan 3, 2019
You may be interested in a BIBLE STUDY that I did about 5 years ago, on the Calling Out Of The Bride Of Christ.

https://christianchat.com/bible-dis...bride-to-go-to-the-wedding-of-the-lamb.95283/

Yes, he gave me a lot of people to witness to over the Years. It just AWES me.

One amazing fact, HE let me keep my dark hair.

I never have dyed it. But it has to do with genetics, because my Dad did not start to turn gray until he was 70 also.
I guess I can expect it to finish turning gray.

I will definitely read this later!!

Thank You!!

K

kaylagrl

Emphasis on "Show"...
Yep, in my travels I've been in lots of churches of all denominations that put on a "show", I don't tar all of them the same. Then I've been in churches where the people inside are more dead than the people in the graves outside,still don't tar everyone with the same brush. You learn that when you travel in hundreds of churches.

E

eternally-gratefull

Question: How many churches in the Bible were "non-charismatic"?

Answer: 0

Conclusion: We should follow the Biblical example. God is still using people for His glory, and edifying the saints by spiritual gifts, which He gives according to His will.
This is one of the funniest posts I have ever seen. Would be even funnier if I did not know the poster was serious :eek:

K

kaylagrl

Yep, in my travels I've been in lots of churches of all denominations that put on a "show", I don't tar all of them the same. Then I've been in churches where the people inside are more dead than the people in the graves outside,still don't tar everyone with the same brush. You learn that when you travel in hundreds of churches.

Well thanks GtrPkr, not rude of you at all. But I've traveled in possibly over a thousand churches in my day of all denominations. I'd say between the two of us, I'd be a better judge of what goes on in churches. So you can find that boring if you like. But a mature person doesn't judge everyone the same because they went to "this one church one time". smh

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
There NEEDS to be boundaries or else people will think the KUNDALINI false spirit is actually the Holy Spirit. My sister-inlaw was actually involved in one of these churches mentioned in this film. This film was actually made by a Concerned tongues speaking Pentecostal, that he believes the CHURCH had fallen for the KUNDALINI evil spirit, thinking it was the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 14:39-40 (HCSB)
39 Therefore, my brothers, be eager to prophesy, and do not forbid speaking in ⌊other⌋ languages.
40 But everything must be done decently and in order.

You will see that NOTHING is done decently and in order. That is why the Tongues speaking Pentecostal, felt he was called to expose the KUNDALINI False Spirit that is currently sweeping the Pentecostal and Charismatic Churches all over the WORLD.

This is a very important video. Thank you for posting it.

We need to step back and understand EXACTLY why we are here and why God called us to be His Children, and what our entire life is supposed to be about.

People will be lost for all eternity if they are not born again. I thought a lot of issues that seemed to be on the periphery for Christians, are actually very important. This whole movement, that puts EXPERIENCE as an idol in one's heart, illustrates that there really is no Christian issues that lives out in the periphery.

I spent almost zero time studying this gifts of the Holy Spirit, Tongues, and "anointing" issue before. It just seemed to take the focus off of Jesus and what we are called to do. But the more I look into it, the more disturbing the warped corruption of it shows that it is important to study.

People have, or are given these gifts for very NARROW purposes. CERTAINLY NOT to have this really cool experience!
The PRIMARY of which is to spread the ONE TRUE GOSPEL UNTO SALVATION. Also to edify the body. That's WHY people should be speaking in tongues. To reach those people WITH that tongue, and to edify the body with discernment.

What is going here today with these guys and a whole bunch more like Hinn ,is just flat out wrong, and I think demonic. We should not sugar coat it. God bless people like Pastor John Macarthur for his strange fire videos, and for calling out those that don't want to be associated with these other Pentecostal/ Charismatic leaders, yet are silent in condemning them.

7seasrekeyed

they were doin' it wrong

do it wrong, and alot of folks will not appreciate it

Paul would have a word for them. or several