a Question for the Premillennialists

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

I guess it comes down to if you think verse 26 and 27 are talking about the same event or not and if the "He" in verse 27 is referring to the Messiah or the "prince that shall come"

Personally I believe its talking about Jesus who confirmed the new covenant for a week and in the midst of the 70th week was cut off and that caused the sacrifice and the oblation to cease and because of the overspreading of abominations He allowed the temple and the people desolate until the Consummation of the bethrothal (or the wedding feast) which redeemed the desolate people and recoiled them with God. which is spoken of in Revelation 19

I believe that verses 26 and 27 are speaking about the same set of events.

However I do see the other side and it would make sense if you believed that God promised an Earthly Kingdom before the establishment of the NEW Earth and NEW Heaven, but I don't think there is scripture that truly support that notion. Most of what I read talks about Jesus having a SPIRITUAL Kingdom until the destruction of this world after the final judgement after Satan is released and has his last chance to deceive the nations after he was first bound after the wedding feast and the battle where the false prophet and beast were thrown in to the fire.

whether you think the battle between the false prophet, beast, their armies and Jesus is past, present or future. Satan will still have another battle after that one and it is not until then that this wicked world is destroyed and the NEW Jerusalem comes down from Heaven. The NEW Jerusalem is the blessed city, not a city built by the hands of men but by the hands of GOD Himself made up of His chosen people., redeemed by the blood of the Lamb.
Just a question. Jesus confirmed a covenant for a week.

1. When did this happen?
2. Is Not Gods new covenant eternal in nature, and not just a week
3. Was not this covenant made to ALL (even though not all will have access to it) and not "the many"

N

Necto

Daniel 9:26-27
(26) And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
(27) And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
in verse 26 says, after threescore and two weeks are put to death Christ. So? What does verse 27? Verse 27 nothing to do with Christ's death does not matter. Termination of the victim and the ruling desolation in verse 27 are not signs of Christ's death. We have already made ​​clear that after 69 weeks will be put to death Christ! Is Christ's death two?

A

AnandaHya

Just a question. Jesus confirmed a covenant for a week.

1. When did this happen?
2. Is Not Gods new covenant eternal in nature, and not just a week
3. Was not this covenant made to ALL (even though not all will have access to it) and not "the many"
when He started preaching and in the middle was cruxified and continued preaching after His resurrection.

His covenant is eternal but He confirmed it through signs and miracles for a week with many people but not all.

Confirming is not the same thing as making the covenant.

Mark 16

14 Later He appeared to the eleven as they sat at the table; and He rebuked their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they did not believe those who had seen Him after He had risen. 15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

Mark 16:20
And they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs. Amen.

Confirming the covenant is not a foreign concept. here are a few more verses.

Leviticus 26:9
‘For I will look on you favorably and make you fruitful, multiply you and confirm My covenant with you.

if you read the whole chapter it tells of the blessing if they keep the covenant and the curse if they break it.

Daniel 9:12
And He has confirmed His words, which He spoke against us and against our judges who judged us, by bringing upon us a great disaster; for under the whole heaven such has never been done as what has been done to Jerusalem.

notice the HE is referring to GOD here?

Romans 15:7-9
New King James Version (NKJV)
7 Therefore receive one another, just as Christ also received us,[a] to the glory of God. 8 Now I say that Jesus Christ has become a servant to the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made to the fathers, 9 and that the Gentiles might glorify God for His mercy, as it is written:

“ For this reason I will confess to You among the Gentiles,
And sing to Your name.”

so you see the concept of Jesus CONFIRMING the covenant is found throughout the Bible. It shows His fulfillment of many prophecies.

Romans 15 has him fulfilling:

Psalm 69:9
Romans 15:9 2 Samuel 22:50; Psalm 18:49
Romans 15:10 Deuteronomy 32:43
Romans 15:11 Psalm 117:1
Romans 15:12 Isaiah 11:10
Romans 15:21 Isaiah 52:15

E

eternally-gratefull

when He started preaching and in the middle was cruxified and continued preaching after His resurrection.

His covenant is eternal but He confirmed it through signs and miracles for a week with many people but not all.

Confirming is not the same thing as making the covenant.

Mark 16

14 Later He appeared to the eleven as they sat at the table; and He rebuked their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they did not believe those who had seen Him after He had risen. 15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

Mark 16:20
And they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs. Amen.

Confirming the covenant is not a foreign concept. here are a few more verses.

Leviticus 26:9
‘For I will look on you favorably and make you fruitful, multiply you and confirm My covenant with you.

if you read the whole chapter it tells of the blessing if they keep the covenant and the curse if they break it.

Daniel 9:12
And He has confirmed His words, which He spoke against us and against our judges who judged us, by bringing upon us a great disaster; for under the whole heaven such has never been done as what has been done to Jerusalem.

notice the HE is referring to GOD here?

Romans 15:7-9
New King James Version (NKJV)
7 Therefore receive one another, just as Christ also received us,[a] to the glory of God. 8 Now I say that Jesus Christ has become a servant to the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made to the fathers, 9 and that the Gentiles might glorify God for His mercy, as it is written:

“ For this reason I will confess to You among the Gentiles,
And sing to Your name.”

so you see the concept of Jesus CONFIRMING the covenant is found throughout the Bible. It shows His fulfillment of many prophecies.

Romans 15 has him fulfilling:

Psalm 69:9
Romans 15:9 2 Samuel 22:50; Psalm 18:49
Romans 15:10 Deuteronomy 32:43
Romans 15:11 Psalm 117:1
Romans 15:12 Isaiah 11:10
Romans 15:21 Isaiah 52:15

um, jesus ministry was only 3 years. That is not a week. And he confirmed what the OT said about him. not a covenant. It still does not make sense.

]