A Very Simple Question

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Yes but therein lies my whole point.
You said Jesus is the truth.
I'll bet we're going to get differing views here.
Some believe we pick God and choose to serve Him.
Some believe God chooses us and the rest are lost.
Some believe salvation is forever no matter what.
Some believe salvation can be lost.

HOW can we know who is right?
We can't all be right.
Some believe that after one has believed and is baptized? One is fully grafted! And, any, or every, attempt of ones' "Coveting Earnestly, Spiritual gifts" (promotes further grafting), should be just as earnestly encouraged, in their ceasing and desisting, from their "Pressing ON", to the High Calling OF God (promotes further grafting), IN Christ!

Some believe that "love", which covers a multitude of sin? Covers EVERY sin.

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
Some believe that after one has believed and is baptized? One is fully grafted! And, any, or every, attempt of ones' "Coveting Earnestly, Spiritual gifts" (promotes further grafting), should be just as earnestly encouraged, in their ceasing and desisting, from their "Pressing ON", to the High Calling OF God (promotes further grafting), IN Christ!

Some believe that "love", which covers a multitude of sin? Covers EVERY sin.
OK
Sometimes I'm like this:
:geek:

And sometimes I'm like this:
o_O

Right now I'm like the second one.
Maybe you could, like, er, tell me exactly what you're saying?

Thanks!
:)

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
OK
Sometimes I'm like this:
:geek:

And sometimes I'm like this:
o_O

Right now I'm like the second one.
Maybe you could, like, er, tell me exactly what you're saying?

Thanks!
:)
Well? It kinda goes like this!

Matthew 7
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Now! Go and ask EVERY believer you know, and ask them if they are the ones whom Jesus is speaking about "here!"
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

I'll guarantee ya, 100% of 'em will declare they are not!
When it is right there in the "canonized" Bible, in Jesus' own words! There WILL be!

Seems, there are "many", now, as well as many in verse 23, who are deceived, or have deceived themselves! Believing themselves as being saved! When Jesus says, this is NOT the case!

Right?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
They (we) just have to admit or confess their sin..presumptuous sins are worse than sins of omission apparently.
But if we confess our sins isnt He just and faithful to forgive them?

The thing is Jesus knew who would betray Him and the disciples were all asking is it I? Except the one who actually did betray him of course.

Personally i think we ought to be doing more this (confessing our faults) than assuming we are right all the time. There is nothing more sad than someone who thinks they are always right...pride goes before a fall.

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
Well? It kinda goes like this!

Matthew 7
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Now! Go and ask EVERY believer you know, and ask them if they are the ones whom Jesus is speaking about "here!"
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

I'll guarantee ya, 100% of 'em will declare they are not!
When it is right there in the "canonized" Bible, in Jesus' own words! There WILL be!

Seems, there are "many", now, as well as many in verse 23, who are deceived, or have deceived themselves! Believing themselves as being saved! When Jesus says, this is NOT the case!

Right?
Right.

Mathew 7 is one of the most misunderstood chapters in the N.T.
This is because modern day preachers have declared that we only need to believe to be saved.
Without explaining what believe means.
Without explaining what Jesus meant by being saved.
He meant that we had to be born from above and have a spiritual nature in order to love God and follow God.

Today, many believe that Jesus will do everything for them and it's not necessary for them to do anything in return. This is not what Jesus taught.

They claim that those in Mathew 7 that Jesus never knew are those that are not, or were not, saved.
NO.
Jesus says who they are:
Those who did not do the will of our Father.
Those that were lawless...Mathew 7:23
This means those that did not follow the law.
What law?
It would behoove us to find out. (maybe the 10 commandments)

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
They (we) just have to admit or confess their sin..presumptuous sins are worse than sins of omission apparently.
But if we confess our sins isnt He just and faithful to forgive them?

The thing is Jesus knew who would betray Him and the disciples were all asking is it I? Except the one who actually did betray him of course.

Personally i think we ought to be doing more this (confessing our faults) than assuming we are right all the time. There is nothing more sad than someone who thinks they are always right...pride goes before a fall.
I think this is funny because,,,,well,,,don't we ALL believe we're right?
So it seems like you think the ones who were asking if it was them,,,were the correct ones.
I'd have to agree.
I think.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
Right.

Mathew 7 is one of the most misunderstood chapters in the N.T.
This is because modern day preachers have declared that we only need to believe to be saved.
Without explaining what believe means.
Without explaining what Jesus meant by being saved.
He meant that we had to be born from above and have a spiritual nature in order to love God and follow God.

Today, many believe that Jesus will do everything for them and it's not necessary for them to do anything in return. This is not what Jesus taught.

They claim that those in Mathew 7 that Jesus never knew are those that are not, or were not, saved.
NO.
Jesus says who they are:
Those who did not do the will of our Father.
Those that were lawless...Mathew 7:23
This means those that did not follow the law.
What law?
It would behoove us to find out. (maybe the 10 commandments)
Hi GodsGrace101,

The situation reminds me of
Psalm 40: 6. Sacrifice and offering you didn't desire. You have opened my ears. You have not required burnt offering and sin offering.