A worthy life, what is this?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
10 And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God,
Col 1

22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation--
23 if you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.
Col 1

28 We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ.
Col 1

Do you think you are living a worthy life and if so how?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
10 And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God,
Col 1

22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation--
23 if you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.
Col 1

28 We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ.
Col 1

We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of His will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way
(Colossians 1:9-10)

what it is to live a life worthy of the Lord and to please Him in every way is something which requires being full of the knowledge of His will, and being full of the knowledge of His will is something that requires all wisdom and understanding, and all wisdom and understanding is something that must be received from the Spirit: as it is that we continually ask God to fill the saints with the knowledge of His will, and as it is that 'no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal Him'

((i'm not presuming to attempt to give a complete answer; i'm stating useful facts))

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
wow, no!

So you also, when you have done everything you were told to do, should say,
'we are unworthy servants; we have only done our duty.'

(Luke 17:10)

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
That is an interesting point. I wonder what worthy is? To me it is listening to Jesus and
seeing needs of those around us.

I have listened to some, and the idea of being worthy of Jesus is so far from their ideas,
it is like heresy or works salvation. But if you know you are poor and lost, taken from a desperate
place, and then called to live as an ambassador of Jesus, what a privilege. That Jesus is pleased
by His people.

And this is Pauls point. Love and Jesus's way is life, not boasting, but foundational life, something
solid and real. If believers only know struggles and repression of their hearts, condemnation and
guilt surface all the time, not praise, worship and ministry.

And sharing like this makes some feel so bad, because they are always into self condemnation and
have never resolved their hearts or let Jesus actually forgive them.

But Paul is declaring, in Jesus we have a pure walk, a love that is from Him, a desire that is real and
eternal. But if one has never put ones burden down, or truly accepted one is forgiven this place is
alien, so I will in their eyes be called the enemy. God bless you

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I try to do my best using the tools and resources provided by my Heavenly Father to do the work that He has prepared for me to accomplish beforehand but the answer must be no.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Jesus provided the sacrifices so when we identify were we fail, we can get right with Him.
Now it is just repentance and confession, which is a sacrifice of praise.

Worthy sounds so pompous and large, but in Jesus it is being faithful and walking in honesty
and integrity.

It is not wrong to have overpowering feelings or desires. The first step is to recognise what
is happening and how these emotions drive our behaviour. The next step is in finding why
they come and strategies to mitigate and reduce the emotional peaks and troughs.

Sin are the actions that flow from these events, not the events themselves. We are biological
creatures and our emotions rise and fall for many reasons not under our control, but can be
influenced, encouraged and changed over time.

A life worthy of Jesus is recognising this, and putting Jesus and His principles first. Over time
we will change. Often our impulses are driven by our past sowing to the feelings, which then
return stronger next time. But it is never defeat, just a battle of emphasis.

Freedom is knowing the path, not having victory today, but walking towards it, day in, day out.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Colossians 1:12 NASBS
[12] giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light.

7seasrekeyed

worthy forums will ban someone if they breathe too hard

but I digress

disclaimer: no I was not banned when frequenting that forum before finding this one

TM19782017

Dec 15, 2018
Good question!

I am not so sure ANY of us humans have the ability to verbalize, to another person, what is “worthy” by it’s definition.

Worthy:
having or showing the qualities or abilities that merit recognition in a specified way.

First you would have to allow a particular person the authority to judge you.
We all know that we are not supposed to judge, so that we can escape being judged.....Only 1 has the authority to rightfully judge us.....Sooo, I believe that finding out what is a worthy life can only be answered from within.

Defining a worthy life is almost the same as asking another person, what is beautiful? There will never be a concrete answer that answers the question. There may be agreeable things but, are the ones who disagree wrong?...Prove it! 😄