About rules on Christian dating

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Handyman62

Jan 10, 2021
Rural South Carolina
What I take from this is that there's nothing wrong with marrying young rather than put it off for career and such things that life brings us as time goes on.
I had squandered opportunities as a young man who wished I had an older man to impart such wisdom at the time. There were parents who wanted me to spend time getting aquatinted with their daughters that I let slip by with college, business, and ministry. That relationship was secondary back then, but I misunderstood that youth is when we need a lot of training and wisdom on marriage/childrearing. Parents leave that for gt school and the Sunday school teachers. That has been a major failure of the previous and present generations. This is the same problem we are reminded of time and again in scripture. God's people married heathens and chose to do things like the heathens. That's America and parents turn their children over to the heathens 5 days/ week and expect the Sunday school teachers to balance that out, while both parents are working outside the home. When they graduate, they've"done their jobs'" then turn them over to marry heathens at the heathen colleges. Then they wonder why Sally and Sam won't go to church anymore.
And have kids & then get divorced.

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
And have kids & then get divorced.
Churches should be teaching about the benefits of getting married early, how to choose a spouse, the benefits of having the right spouse. It can lessen the chances of forication. You have those strong desires for a short period of time. That is the time to bond physically and spiritually with a spouse. If you're not called to the singles life and abstain like Paul, don't do it. It's not your calling. Don't let anyone pressure you into a calling you don't have.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
If you think being single and not having sex is so holy, and pure try starting a eunuchs
fellowship at your church and see how many show up. Why are there no eunuchs fellowships?
Eunuch: noun
a man who has been castrated, especially (in the past) one employed to guard the women's living areas at an oriental court.

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
Eunuch: noun
a man who has been castrated, especially (in the past) one employed to guard the women's living areas at an oriental court.

For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.” Matt 19:12

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif

It's my guess that neutered folks, male and female, prefer inclusion rather
than be regarded as people with disabilities and/or special needs.
_
They are included. No one is calling it a disability. This is for a group who has no interest in sex. If dedicating yourself to being a eunuch is so holy and pure, lets see how many you get to join the fellowship..

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
I don't date. I have never liked it since I got saved and filled with the Holy Spirit. It seems carnal and worldly.

I like rules, boundaries and fearing God and hating even the appearance of sin.

I would not be in a house alone with a woman who was interested in marrying me. I would not want people to think we were unconcerned about sexual purity. We need examples today. People who will say that it is NOT OK to fornicate.

Thinking you can fornicate and it's ok because we are all human and God forgives us, is not the mind of a born again Christian. I see too many young people in the church living together and not concerned about it. I don't believe they are saved yet. I don't care what anyone tells me, they are going to hell if they don't repent and quit it.

As far as dating and not having rules...Thinking you can suck face and get aroused and WANT to fornicate but just not do it is ok because you didn't actually go through with it is NOT OK.
The one who does that on the regular will wake up in hell with eternal regret if they don't repent of such a thing.

You have a different opinion I am sure but I have given you mine. Let the debate rage....

Hate sin, hate even the appearance of sin, don't give the flesh any opportunity, flee fornication, pray that you will not even ENTER into temptation because thinking you can handle it is your first mistake.

Don't play on the edge of disobedience thinking that God's mercy and grace will cover you if you fail Him. God's mercy and grace does not clear the unrepentant and guilty. Only those who repent and apply the blood of Christ from a sincere heart can trust in being saved from the wrath of a Holy God not those who willfully test His limits and presume upon his Grace.
God disciplines those He loves He doesn’t send them to Hell when they get things wrong. They may enter as if by fire but ...sends them to Hell?? They are His children, they need to learn and repent... disobedience will cost them... sin is never worth what it costs the sinner, sinning is always loss. God is faithful, however, even when we are not, the Bible says.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
1 John 5:11-13

"And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God."

Sone may be tired of me posting this, but brother Anderson's short message to this class in Guyana is another good sound Biblical explanation on the topic of sin and believers verses UNbelievers.

Amanuensis

Jun 12, 2021
God disciplines those He loves He doesn’t send them to Hell when they get things wrong. They may enter as if by fire but ...sends them to Hell?? They are His children, they need to learn and repent... disobedience will cost them... sin is never worth what it costs the sinner, sinning is always loss. God is faithful, however, even when we are not, the Bible says.
I don't understand what you are trying to say. Those who fornicate and don't plan on quitting are going to hell. And eventually will be cast into the Lake of Fire. It's not up for debate.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
I don't understand what you are trying to say. Those who fornicate and don't plan on quitting are going to hell. And eventually will be cast into the Lake of Fire. It's not up for debate.
Agree. Repentance is more than just a good idea. It is a requirement for everyone who expects to enter through the pearly gates. That includes backslidden "Christians" who have returned to the vomit and mire of the sin-life.

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
Those who fornicate and don't plan on quitting are going to hell.

I'm pretty sure it's safe to allege that everybody on this thread is a repeat
offender in one way or another; especially when it comes to dishonesty;
which is potentially a fatal behavior.

Rev 22:15 . . Outside are . . . everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

Rev 21:8 . . All liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and
brimstone, which is the second death.

I'll take the initiative and be first to admit that I am a liar with no intention
of discontinuing the practice because I cannot stop being dishonest with any
more ease than a termite can be a squid.

Jer 13:23 . . Can the Ethiopian change his skin or the leopard its spots?
Neither can you do good who are accustomed to doing evil.

There are quite a number of folks who make their livings by means of
dishonesty, e.g. the FBI, the CIA, the Police, and career politicians. I think it
fair to say those folks wouldn't survive very long in their line of work were
they to be 100% honest. So; are they in a hopeless situation? No; God has
provided a safety net for professional liars and it's a pretty good one too.

Luke 2:8-14 . . And in the same region there were some shepherds staying
out in the fields, and keeping watch over their flock by night. And an angel
of The Lord suddenly stood before them, and the glory of The Lord shone
around them; and they were terribly frightened.

. . . And the angel said to them: Don't be afraid; for behold, I bring you
good news of a great joy which shall be for all the people; for today in the
city of David there has been born for you a savior, who is Messiah, the Lord.

Saviors can be defined as those trained and equipped to rescue desperate
folks from danger or destruction that they themselves are utterly helpless to
escape.

Rescuing is what the Coast Guard does when boats capsize. Rescuing is what
Firemen do when people are trapped inside burning buildings. Rescuing is
what mountaineer teams do when climbers are in trouble. Rescuing is what
EMT paramedics do when someone needs to get to a hospital in a hurry; and
kept alive till they arrive. Rescuing is what surgeons do when someone
needs an organ transplant.

I could go on and on giving examples of rescuer after rescuer; but I think we
get the idea. The New Testament's Jesus rescues people from the wrath of
God-- people who fully deserve it, and definitely in line to get it.

Matt 18:11 . .For the Son of Man has come to rescue that which was lost.

Mark 10:45 . .For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to
serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.

* Webster's defines a "ransom" as a consideration paid or demanded for the
release of someone or some thing from captivity.

Now; the old covenant that Moses' people entered into with God on oath per
Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy provides neither rescue
nor ransom for repeat offenders. (Num 15:30-31 & Heb 10:26-27)
whereas the new covenant does.

Acts 13:38-39 . . Let it be known to you, brethren, that through this man is
preached to you the forgiveness of sins; and by him everyone who believes
is justified from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of
Moses.
_

Amanuensis

Jun 12, 2021

I'm pretty sure it's safe to allege that everybody on this thread is a repeat
offender in one way or another; especially when it comes to dishonesty;
which is potentially a fatal behavior.

Rev 22:15 . . Outside are . . . everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

Rev 21:8 . . All liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and
brimstone, which is the second death.

I'll take the initiative and be first to admit that I am a liar with no intention
of discontinuing the practice because I cannot stop being dishonest with any
more ease than a termite can be a squid.

Jer 13:23 . . Can the Ethiopian change his skin or the leopard its spots?
Neither can you do good who are accustomed to doing evil.

There are quite a number of folks who make their livings by means of
dishonesty, e.g. the FBI, the CIA, the Police, and career politicians. I think it
fair to say those folks wouldn't survive very long in their line of work were
they to be 100% honest. So; are they in a hopeless situation? No; God has
provided a safety net for professional liars and it's a pretty good one too.

Luke 2:8-14 . . And in the same region there were some shepherds staying
out in the fields, and keeping watch over their flock by night. And an angel
of The Lord suddenly stood before them, and the glory of The Lord shone
around them; and they were terribly frightened.

. . . And the angel said to them: Don't be afraid; for behold, I bring you
good news of a great joy which shall be for all the people; for today in the
city of David there has been born for you a savior, who is Messiah, the Lord.

Saviors can be defined as those trained and equipped to rescue desperate
folks from danger or destruction that they themselves are utterly helpless to
escape.

Rescuing is what the Coast Guard does when boats capsize. Rescuing is what
Firemen do when people are trapped inside burning buildings. Rescuing is
what mountaineer teams do when climbers are in trouble. Rescuing is what
EMT paramedics do when someone needs to get to a hospital in a hurry; and
kept alive till they arrive. Rescuing is what surgeons do when someone
needs an organ transplant.

I could go on and on giving examples of rescuer after rescuer; but I think we
get the idea. The New Testament's Jesus rescues people from the wrath of
God-- people who fully deserve it, and definitely in line to get it.

Matt 18:11 . .For the Son of Man has come to rescue that which was lost.

Mark 10:45 . .For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to
serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.

* Webster's defines a "ransom" as a consideration paid or demanded for the
release of someone or some thing from captivity.

Now; the old covenant that Moses' people entered into with God on oath per
Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy provides neither rescue
nor ransom for repeat offenders. (Num 15:30-31 & Heb 10:26-27)
whereas the new covenant does.

Acts 13:38-39 . . Let it be known to you, brethren, that through this man is
preached to you the forgiveness of sins; and by him everyone who believes
is justified from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of
Moses.
_
I am not sure why you are responding as if I said something debatable?

It's not open for debate. If people in your church are fornicating you should tell them that they need to stop or they will wake up in hell with eternal regret. If you tell them that God will let them go ahead and keep doing it, as long as they agree to some doctrinal statement then you will wake up in hell with eternal regret.

14But I have a few things against you. You have some there who hold to the teaching of Balaam,a who taught Balak to place a stumbling blockA in front of the Israelites: to eat meat sacrificed to idolsb and to commit sexual immorality.c 15In the same way, you also have those who hold to the teaching of the Nicolaitans.A 16So repent! Otherwise, I will come to you quicklya and fight against them with the sword of my mouth.b

20But I have this against you: You tolerate the woman Jezebel,a who calls herself a prophetess and teaches and deceives my servants to commit sexual immorality and to eat meat sacrificed to idols.b 21I gave her time to repent,a but she does not want to repent of her sexual immorality.b 22Look, I will throw her into a sickbeda and those who commit adultery with herb into great affliction.c Unless they repent of herA works, 23I will strike her children dead.a a Then all the churches will know that I am the one who examines minds and hearts,b and I will give to each of you according to your work

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org

In an Orwellian society, of course nothing is debatable; but here in my
country, the USA, everything is debatable; at least for the most part. There
is an element currently at work in my land which, if successful, will silence
all disagreement with official positions.

For example the California legislature recently passed a bill that would allow
the State to punish doctors for spreading what the State considers Covid
"disinformation" about vaccines and treatments.

* I suspect you have become infected with conceit, which may be roughly
defined as excessive self-appreciation of one's own worth or virtue. In other
words we're talking about hubris; which often indicates a loss of contact with
reality and an overestimation of one's own competence, accomplishments or
capabilities.
_

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Now that my loving wife was called home, due to a heart attack, I why I would want another woman. I am 73, so I guess I will remain single. She passed away 7 years ago and I still miss her dearly.

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019

It's not open for debate. If people in your church are fornicating you should tell them that they need to stop or they will wake up in hell with eternal regret. If you tell them that God will let them go ahead and keep doing it, as long as they agree to some doctrinal statement then you will wake up in hell with eternal regret.

14But I have a few things against you. You have some there who hold to the teaching of Balaam,a who taught Balak to place a stumbling blockA in front of the Israelites: to eat meat sacrificed to idolsb and to commit sexual immorality.c 15In the same way, you also have those who hold to the teaching of the Nicolaitans.A 16So repent! Otherwise, I will come to you quicklya and fight against them with the sword of my mouth.b

20But I have this against you: You tolerate the woman Jezebel,a who calls herself a prophetess and teaches and deceives my servants to commit sexual immorality and to eat meat sacrificed to idols.b 21I gave her time to repent,a but she does not want to repent of her sexual immorality.b 22Look, I will throw her into a sickbeda and those who commit adultery with herb into great affliction.c Unless they repent of herA works, 23I will strike her children dead.a a Then all the churches will know that I am the one who examines minds and hearts,b and I will give to each of you according to your work
Yep definitely doesn’t say anything about casting God’s children into Hell.

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
Now; a forgiven fornicator is still a fornicator at heart; so even if they never
indulge in fornication ever again they will remain a fornicator. Well,
according to the Bible; sinners at heart are little different than sinners in
practice (e.g. Matt 5:27-28 & 1John 3:15) so what's to be done about that
seeing as how sinners in either heart or practice won't be allowed in the
kingdom of God?

Well; the remedy for this is just is simply a heart transplant so the fornicator
can leave this life 100% free of his malady.

Ezek 36:24-27 . . I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit will I put
within you, and I will take away the heart of stone out of your flesh, and I
will give you a heart of flesh. And I will put My spirit within you and bring it
about that you will walk in My statutes and you will keep My ordinances and
do them.

That surgical procedure was originally promised to God's people but Gentiles
can have it too. (Gen 12:3, Isa 49:6, Eph 2:11-22, Col 2:11)
_