about Suicide

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Anni

Sep 27, 2023
A question for you:
reformation martyrs.
They had the choice to renounce their beliefs and live or not to renounce and to die.
Many chose to die in the flames.
Did they commit suicide?

Sep 28, 2023
This is similar to Samson.... he is listed in the faith hall of fame in the Book of Hebrews so he did not commit suicide as he was fighting an enemy and killed many of them as an act of war. If someone is going to kill you if you don't renounce your faith, that's not you deciding to end your own life.

Suicide is when weak people decide life is just too tough to live anymore because they don't know the Lord and have rejected His Word that teaches and enables us to be over comers.... decide to murder themselves.

Personally I have been to the edge back when I was a young believer and demons were oppressing me, pushing me to drive my vehicle into an oncoming 18 wheeler.... I've been there and know where these thoughts and desires to murder yourself comes from... satan!

To murder yourself is an act of agreement with the devil and an act of rebelllion against the Lord Jesus Christ!... the act of suicide leads straight to hell and brings great pleasure to satan!

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I did not write any of the scripture that was posted... so you'll have to argue with the Lord about why He considers murder to be a sin.
Thankfully, He is understanding, gracious, and merciful... unlike some Pharisees people.

Sep 28, 2023
Thankfully, He is understanding, gracious, and merciful... unlike some Pharisees people.
What you really mean to say was.... some of the things the Lord says are lies.

If you think killing yourself is not a sin and you're go straight to Heaven... why are you still here?

Since you are still here, that let's us know you understand that killing yourself is sinful.

Sep 28, 2023
Well, you mispoke then, or otherwise did not understand and realize that you're claiming that when God says something... sometimes it not true.

Fillan

Oct 25, 2022
Suicide is when weak people decide life is just too tough to live anymore because they don't know the Lord and have rejected His Word that teaches and enables us to be over comers.... decide to murder themselves.
They're weak, not like us strong ones? Sounds like Darwinian Evolution.
Rather I think we should be talking about the Lord Jesus, he is the one who has overcome the world, who has overcome death and hell. We should stand in His righteousness, the robe of righteousness that He has given to us, not wearing our own filthy rags.

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
Hmm lets compare shall we OP? You said Jeremiah teaches "you can kill yourself and end up in heaven " Oh heres the lol sorry the best part .. you quoted David Jeremiah saying "I believe, for a person who has gone through some terrible stress in their life and in a moment of not thinking clearly has ended their life that person very easily might find his place in heaven"

From that you came up with "teaches you can kill your self and go to heaven". Why did you lie like that? You know he never said that does not teach that. Hello you quoted him. Now what I love about that man of God is what he says that oddly most here never say "I believe". That man has seem more them all of us here have. Lets see how you hold up where a mother a family a sister a bother a father asking you about their loved one that just took their own life..

It is odd no? Well can you be sick in your body and die will you go to heaven? Sorry to tell you but Doctors not of God will tell you, you can be sick in your mind also. You have no clue what your talking about or those you just hurt. I can say for fact HEAVEN? Is never ever on your mind. God have mercy

Sep 28, 2023
Anyone quoiting Spurgeon wouldn't understand since they obviously don't even recognize that are following a false teacher! crazy.gif

we should be talking about the Lord Jesus, he is the one who has overcome the world, who has overcome death and hell. We should stand in His righteousness, the robe of righteousness that He has given to us, not wearing our own filthy rags.
Those doing these things.... don't blow their brains out!

Those that abide IN HIM.... are the overcomers.

Those that fall away and quit abiding in Christ are the ones that whacked themselves.

Lets see how you hold up where a mother a family a sister a bother a father asking you about their loved one that just took their own life..
I would quote God's Word to them and if they don't like it, I'd tell them to go argue with thye Lord about it because I'm not the one that said those who commit suicide go to hell.

you can be sick in your mind also.
Those abiding IN Christ don't listen to the devil and become sick in their mind.

Sounds like you are pro-suicide... so go tell everyone you know that they can kill themselves and they'll automatically go to Heaven.

It's always funny to hear from the pro-suicide peoples who are still here... which demonstrates they aren't really pro-suicide but instead are pro-let others commit suicide instead.

You have no clue what your talking about or those you just hurt. I can say for fact HEAVEN? Is never ever on your mind. God have mercy
It's too bad to hear you have rejected what the Lord has said in His Word.

That's a sure sign of someone who is listening to the devil and now has a sick mind!

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023
You must believe in universalism then... anybody that is deceived by the devil in to turning away from the Lord is saved?

The problem here is some are allowing their emotions and feelings to tell them what to believe rather than what the Lord has already said in His Word.

In other words, let's throw what God said in the trash just because we don't "feel" like His Word is in fact Truth that does not change!

That's exactly how the devil is hoping people will do right there... as this causes God's Word to be choked out of their lives so they turn away from the Lord which is sowing to the flesh which is reaping corruption... which is unrighteousness

Gal 6:7,8 tells us it is mocking God to claim we do not reap what we sow... as God cannot be mocked.

Most Christians don't ever consider suicide so it's not something that's really discussed or thought about. I don't have any strong feelings about it because it's not something I would ever consider for myself and I don't know any Christians who ever thought about for themselves either.

So I'm choosing not to make any judgement calls on it. It's something I'll ask Him about later when this age is over and I get to see Him face to face.

🥡

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Those that murder themselves are NOT walking in faith... so, no faith means no grace!
You could use this line of thinking for ANY sin.. If your line of thinking is correct then the first transgression we do in deeds or thoughts or in failing to do good.. ( And yes if a person knows they should do something and fails to do it then that is sin according to the scriptures ) After we accept the LORD Jesus as LORD and our Redeemer then they are fallen from grace and are doomed to eternal damnation.. Have you been perfectly sinless since the day you believed in Jesus? Has anyone in this entire forum living a perfect life today, never having bad thoughts never ever ?? No Way.. You are very wrong to have this kind of thinking, in fact you end up condemning yourself.. For with what judgement ye judge, ye shall be judged, remember that..

(Matthew 7:2) "For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again."

As Eph 2:8 clearly states.... we are saved by grace THRU faith, so no faith mean one has no further access to grace.
One who has Faith which is trust in the LORD.. trusts that their sins ate atoned for by the Atonement Jesus secured on the cross.. Not in their success in never sinning again.. Thats not Faith.. thats Works, Works salvation..

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Any sin where one does not confess and turn away from...
So any sin that you have sinned in your entire life that you failed to confessed will see you damned to the eternal lake of fire??

So you have a 100% perfect record in confessing each sin you ever do or have done.. I doubt that very much..

Oh and what happens to such a person on the day of their deaths if they fail to confess their last sins for that day??

What if someone cuts me off in traffic and out of anger i give them a mouth full and while that is happening i lose control of my car and end up wrapped around a tree dying in a blazing wreck?? Am i doomed to the eternal lake of fire because i failed to confess my last sins?

You really have to think some more about your interpretation of scriptures..

Saul-to-Paul

Jun 5, 2017
"What about Samson? He committed suicide." Samson's "suicide" was actually an act of war, as he killed three thousand Philistines in his vengeance upon them (Judges 16:28-30).
You destroy you're own argument. 😂
Suicide is just another sin Christ paid for if you are one of His.

Artios1

Born again to serve
Dec 11, 2020
Those that murder themselves are NOT walking in faith... so, no faith means no grace!

As Eph 2:8 clearly states.... we are saved by grace THRU faith, so no faith mean one has no further access to grace.

There is an abundance of scripture I could refer to but I'm glad you brought this one up.

It is interesting that you quote half of Eph 2:8 ….as the second half destroys your insinuation.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that [salvation] not of yourselves: it is the “gift” of God:

The Greek word for gift is dōron which means offering…. is often used of offerings given in the temple. This is the only occurrence in the church epistles of this word. (All other occurrences are in the four gospels, Hebrews, and Revelation.) Here it is used to refer to the offering made by God on behalf of mankind.

Eph 2:4 -10 … has focused on what God has done in Christ for the believers in Christ, and as such the preposition unto (epi) in verse 10 is used to indicate cause… on the basis of. This salvation is not of our works. We are His workmanship created in Christ Jesus on the basis of the good works that God prepared for the Christ to do so that we may walk in those good works that He did for us.

A literal translation of Eph_2:8-10

8.By grace you have absolutely been saved [delivered] through believing and this [salvation] is not from yourselves it is the offering of God.

9. it is not of our works so that no one may boast,

10. For we are his workmanship created in Christ Jesus on the basis of good works that God previously prepared so that we may walk in them.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Anyone quoiting Spurgeon wouldn't understand since they obviously don't even recognize that are following a false teacher!
What a tool.... I'm pretty much done with you on this... you are hopelessly deluded and totally, un-deservedly self-righteous.

Seldom right, but never uncertain.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
What a tool.... I'm pretty much done with you on this... you are hopelessly deluded and totally, un-deservedly self-righteous.

Seldom right, but never uncertain.
Careful. You'll be polishing Jimmy's statue.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
then let's pass the pistol around at church so everyone can whack themselves and go on home to be with the Lord!
Far too serious a topic for sarcasm. No one is promoting suicide as the better way. People need to be shown love, not our judgement or sarcasm.
a deception from the devil
Perhaps, but we need to gently and lovingly lead them into the Light. He is hope for the hopeless and rest for the weary.