about the baker who lost business when sued by "gays"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
The cakes that were requested were in honor of satan - complete with pentagrams and upside down crosses and depictions of satan performing sex acts. That'sa what you're advocating for.

It's not about cake. It's about subjugation. Baking the cake is bending the knee.
Excuse me? I asked you for the name of the church that you attend, because I'd like to have a conversation with your pastor about what it is that he is teaching you. So . . . what's the name of your church and pastor?

JesusWhereRU

Apr 16, 2021
Oh boy . . . back at me again? I've already covered these things with you and I'm don't have the time to repeat myself (over such non-essential teachings).
but it's a good question

Would Jesus bake a cake (build a cabinet) for a gay wedding?

you know the answer

JesusWhereRU

Apr 16, 2021
Excuse me? I asked you for the name of the church that you attend, because I'd like to have a conversation with your pastor about what it is that he is teaching you. So . . . what's the name of your church and pastor?
why would anyone here tell others what church they attend?

and I'm sorry but (maybe it's just me... but) people who insist on such information remind me of stalkers

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
why would anyone here tell others what church they attend?

and I'm sorry but (maybe it's just me... but) people who insist on such information remind me of stalkers
That's pretty amazing how you can twist and turn things. Ignore list for you.

Mark47Oz

Jun 4, 2021
Nice work. There is so much to be added, such as how Jesus rescued the life of an adulterous woman. He saved her life! And what about the Canaanite woman and her ill daughter? Were not the Canaanite called by God to be completely wiped out? Didn't God tell all Israel to completely destroy all from the Seven Nations? Of course, He did, and thus Jesus said that He shouldn't cast his crumbs to "dogs."

Matthew 15:22-28 KJV - "And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, [thou] Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. 23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us. 24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me. 26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast [it] to dogs. 27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table. 28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great [is] thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour."

Canaanites were total abominations . . . worse than those who were "gay." Yes, Jesus Purified her Heart as well as the Heart of her daughter. Jesus stooped to the depths of abominations and shed His Love upon them. What else to we need to know? But isn't there more? Doesn't the Word tell us that God waits patiently for all to come to Him? So God is patient, but we are not to be patient? How are we reflective of a patient God, if we lack the self-control to be patient as well?
Yes, I completely agree. The biggest arguments and resistance I'm seeing in this thread are those looking to the words and acts of the apostles rather than what Jesus did and said.

Time and time again Jesus did the exact opposite of what the faithful Jews thought he would and should. Like when he stopped the application of old law with the stoning to death of the adulterers. Instead of picking up a rock and hurling it, he called everyone in the crowd out for being sinners themselves and therefore asked what authority they have in their own state of sin to be carry out such an act of righteousness.

And at the end of the day, ain't that the truth. None of us are perfect. So acting all high and mighty and waving your Bible around proclaiming that 'on page 1458 it says you're naughty and you're going to hell' isn't going to solve anything.

Even if we follow the alternate path of the Baker actually going against his conviction and making this cake and even if it was a sin to do it (I've shown why I'm certain it's not) God is merciful and he would forgive the poor baker.

God is always watching and he knows what is in our hearts. And when we fall, he's got a plan. It's his only son Jesus who took every single sin and indiscretion we've made and ever will make to the cross on Calvary. And that's why I said in the first reply to this thread that I would made the cake and prayed for forgiveness of the gay couple over it in private before giving it to them.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Yes, I completely agree. The biggest arguments and resistance I'm seeing in this thread are those looking to the words and acts of the apostles rather than what Jesus did and said.

Time and time again Jesus did the exact opposite of what the faithful Jews thought he would and should. Like when he stopped the application of old law with the stoning to death of the adulterers. Instead of picking up a rock and hurling it, he called everyone in the crowd out for being sinners themselves and therefore asked what authority they have in their own state of sin to be carry out such an act of righteousness.

And at the end of the day, ain't that the truth. None of us are perfect. So acting all high and mighty and waving your Bible around proclaiming that 'on page 1458 it says you're naughty and you're going to hell' isn't going to solve anything.

Even if we follow the alternate path of the Baker actually going against his conviction and making this cake and even if it was a sin to do it (I've shown why I'm certain it's not) God is merciful and he would forgive the poor baker.

God is always watching and he knows what is in our hearts. And when we fall, he's got a plan. It's his only son Jesus who took every single sin and indiscretion we've made and ever will make to the cross on Calvary. And that's why I said in the first reply to this thread that I would made the cake and prayed for forgiveness of the gay couple over it in private before giving it to them.
Thank you, Mark! You know . . . what you have just done is prove (to me) that you have actually read and did your utmost best to understand every word that you have and continue to read. Our character and personality as True Christians is as plain as can be. What happened to "feeding our enemies"?

A simple Blue Letter Bible search of "do good to them" delivers these three KJV results:

Matthew 5:44 KJV - "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you . . ."
Luke 6:27, 33 KJV - "But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you" ... 33 "And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same."

Luke 6:33 should convince any skeptic . . . but for those who have yet to have the Sin Nature removed and cut out from their Hearts, it will be literally impossible to understand these essential, Core Truths.

Jul 9, 2020
Faithful Word Baptist Church
Tempe, AZ
Pastor Steven Anderson
(602) 456-1049
[email protected]

Give him a call. Maybe you should even send him a link to this thread? Tell us how it goes.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Tempe, AZ
Pastor Steven Anderson
(602) 456-1049
[email protected]

Give him a call. Maybe you should even send him a link to this thread? Tell us how it goes.
Wow, you just blew me away. I'd have never thought that you'd offer up such information. In fact, I figured that if anything, you'd share it off-line. Either way, MASSIVE respect for you. I can respect anyone who is willing to do as you have done.

I don't know your name, nor did I ask for it (I wasn't planning on doing anything against you that would cause you any grief). You bet. I'll give him a call and expect to have an enjoyable chat. :)

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Tempe, AZ
Pastor Steven Anderson
(602) 456-1049
[email protected]

Are you a part of your church program? This sounds awesome!!! Just think . . . as an owner of a bakery, you could have taught the gospel to every gay person that came into your shop. What an opportunity it could be! After all, these programs are designed not for those who are saved, but for those who are in deep, deep sin. :)

Small Town Soul-Winning Program

Our church spends several hours a week out soul-winning in the greater Phoenix area. In fact, we have official soul-winning times that meet every day of the week in order to make it convenient for people to work soul-winning into their schedule. We are in the process of eventually knocking every door in our county. However, many small towns, or "villages" as the Bible calls them, scattered across Arizona and across America have never had a soul-winning Baptist church in their town. How will these people hear the Gospel? Many people live and die in small towns with no Gospel-preaching church. How shall they hear without a preacher?

Every 3 months, our church spends a Saturday knocking every single door in a small town in Arizona preaching the gospel to everyone who will listen. So far we have knocked every door in Gila Bend, Miami, Cordes Lakes, Congress, Strawberry, Kearny, Hayden, Winkelman, Mammoth, Dudleyville, Black Canyon City, Peach Springs, Sacaton, Cibecue, Bylas, Tuba City, Tonalea, Shonto, Lechee, Kayenta, and Window Rock, and have had many, many people saved. Eventually our church will reach every small town in Arizona with the Gospel.

In addition, our church holds soul-winning marathons in other states to help get people involved in soul-winning who do not attend a church with an agressive soul-winning program. These events are attended by anywhere from 50-300 people. So far, we have held soul-winning marathons in Detroit, Washington DC, Portland, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Boston, Fort Worth, San Antonio, Jacksonville, Minneapolis, Maine, New Orleans, Albuquerque, Toronto, and Winnipeg. The goal is to eventually have a soul-winning marathon in each of the 50 states.

Mark 1:38 And he said unto them, Let us go into the next towns, that I may preach there also: for therefore came I forth.

Acts 5:42 And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

I sure love your churches concept of things! Check this out! Your church website states this:

Soul Winning at Faithful Word Baptist Church

The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.
-Proverbs 11:30

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
@surfer14

Since I can clearly see what your church and pastor believe . . . I don't see a need to call them. It seems that their Hearts are right with God.

JesusWhereRU

Apr 16, 2021
many people's hearts are "right with God"

until some weird thing happens

ankagirl

Feb 10, 2021
May Jesus bless you richly. Your wisdom is deep 😃

Let me tell you something practical I know from personal experience, knowing some gay people. They already know what Christianity teaches and thinks. The message has been delivered and received loud and clear. They also carry the belief that God doesn't like them. So calling them out only gets a defensive response, partly from guilt, partly from defiance, and partly from a lack of self esteem.

The way to win gay people over is not to take a combatant stance and thump them over the head with a Bible and it's teachings. Rather, sit and wait for them to be ready to come home, like the prodigal son. If a gay person wants to change, they'll come looking for Jesus on their own terms. I've seen it with my own eyes.

Doing so is a lot less stressful for both sides and at the end of the day, God gave us all free will. It's his greatest gift to humanity. We have to accept that not everyone wants to follow Christ and while we never close the door to them, we are better focusing on our own salvation and giving help to those who want it.
I like your view on this!
It seems to me that many people think that gays don’t want to hear the gospel and therefore cannot be saved, so it is really nice to hear a different perspective for a change!

K

kaylagrl

Tempe, AZ
Pastor Steven Anderson
(602) 456-1049
[email protected]

Welp if he is your pastor, I can understand why you feel the way you do about the Jews. Sad. There are other things we agree on. Hope you change your mind on this one.

K

kaylagrl

I like your view on this!
It seems to me that many people think that gays don’t want to hear the gospel and therefore cannot be saved, so it is really nice to hear a different perspective for a change!
I think there are gays that don't want to hear the Gospel, but most unbelievers don't. There are others who may be open, but either way they need to know, they are in bondage,and Jesus saves and delivers them from that bondage.

S

SophieT

well he made the news today. on FOX anyway

JohnRH

Mar 5, 2018
I was relieved when I heard that theSupreme Court, which I had almost come to despise, made the correct decision in the baker case..

A baker named Phillips in CO had to deal with "gay people" demanding that he bake them a cake for their same sex wedding and he refused bc of his Christians beliefs on gay marriage. (I put "gay" in quotes attimes bc I don't believe in being gay, don't believe anyone is born gay.. its nonsense)

So the Supreme Ct voted in favor of religious freedom... whew... They've made a lot of bad decisions b4 butthis was not one of them.

So then a transgendered person thought he (she?) would do the samething to the same guy! Unbelievable.

Phillips had lost 40% of his business over thefirst lawsuit, fighting some (city?) Commission that ordered him not to make certain kinds of cakes anymore... So much for "it's a free country"...

anyway, the transgendered person at some point dropped the suit :)

I just thought I would share this w/ others who may not know about it..

sigh

[nostalgic sigh for the good old days when hardly anyone claimed to be "gay"]
I wonder what kind of a lawyer fee the baker ended up having to pay for all of this. Or did some ACLJ-type group represent him for free?

I'd hate to try to solve my financial problem by using my finances to make some lawyer rich, or by subjecting my business interests to some activist group's requirements.

I don't know what I'd do. Someone in this thread alluded to: Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt 10:16 (KJV) I guess I'd try to find a path where I can best do what this verse says; and preferably without the "help" of a lawyer or some activist group.

Another passage that comes to mind is: Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer: 15 For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist. Luke 21:14-15 (KJV)

JesusWhereRU

Apr 16, 2021
I wonder what kind of a lawyer fee the baker ended up having to pay for all of this. Or did some ACLJ-type group represent him for free?

I'd hate to try to solve my financial problem by using my finances to make some lawyer rich, or by subjecting my business interests to some activist group's requirements.

I don't know what I'd do. Someone in this thread alluded to: Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt 10:16 (KJV) I guess I'd try to find a path where I can best do what this verse says; and preferably without the "help" of a lawyer or some activist group.

Another passage that comes to mind is: Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer: 15 For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist. Luke 21:14-15 (KJV)
so are you saying the baker did t he wrong thing?

Maybe he wanted to bring this to the Sup Ct.. a lawyer told him he had a case that the Sup Ct could and would likely be interested in taking... and he thought it was worth the trouble bc then the whole US and world would know about the issue of religious freedom?

in which case, a lawyer is a very, very good thing

and it seems only a God-loving attorney would take this kind of case, so... yeh... whatever..

JohnRH

Mar 5, 2018
so are you saying the baker did t he wrong thing?

Maybe he wanted to bring this to the Sup Ct.. a lawyer told him he had a case that the Sup Ct could and would likely be interested in taking... and he thought it was worth the trouble bc then the whole US and world would know about the issue of religious freedom?

in which case, a lawyer is a very, very good thing

and it seems only a God-loving attorney would take this kind of case, so... yeh... whatever..
No, I'm not saying the baker did the wrong thing. It's just something I don't think I'd want to do. I'm glad the baker won. I doubt I'd make the effort.

JesusWhereRU

Apr 16, 2021
No, I'm not saying the baker did the wrong thing. It's just something I don't think I'd want to do. I'm glad the baker won. I doubt I'd make the effort.
i kinda doubt I would either

bc I am often lazy and cowardly... and on top of that, always seem to think there is something better to spend my time/$$ on... but hey...

I'm glad that baker was not like me...

:)