Nice. I wish I had your skills.
I will remember the meaning:
a primitive particle of incitement and entreaty which may usually be rendered : I pray, now or then
Job 1:11: Satan speaks to God = please / translated by now
Job 2:5: Satan speaks to God = please / translated by now
Job 4:7: Eliphaz speaks = please / translated by I pray thee
Job 5:1: Eliphaz speaks = please / translated by now
Job 6:29: Eliphaz speaks = please / translated by I pray you
Job 8:8: Bildad speaks = please / translated by I pray thee
Job 10:9: Job speaks = please / translated by I beseech thee
Job 12:7: same = please / translated by now
Job 13:6: same = please / translated by now
Job 13:18: same = please / translated by now
Job 17:3: same = please / translated by now
Job 17:10: same = please / translated by now
Job 22:21-22: Eliphaz speaks = please and please / translated by now and I pray thee
Job 32:21: Elihu speaks = please / translated by I pray you
Job 33:1-2: same = please and please / translated by I pray thee and now
Job 38:3: God speaks to Job = please / translated by now
Job 40:7: same = please / translated by now
Job 40:15-16: same = please and please / translated by now and now
Job 42:4: Job speaks to God = please / translated by I beseech thee
We may think about the differences of meanings in Old Hebrew and modern Hebrew, Old Greek and Modern Greek and it is the same with all languages: They are alive so they evolve. Now the translator has a big responsibility of how he translates because when you can’t get the original you may be lost if you get a translated word which can be diluted or lost its original meaning. That’s why it’s always interesting to go back to the original and see what the dictionaries say precisely. That’s the same when you look at “na’”: when you think of all the possible translations, you may be lost, but when you think of the general meaning it’s clearer (
a primitive particle of incitement and entreaty). If you just keep in mind the translation of a Bible version, you will miss the point. It’s also a good way to get information about the translator’s dedication or commitment. It also shows how we should be careful when we defend an idea without checking the general meaning.