Hopefully “…chains and tribulations…” don’t await you. This is certainly the attitude that we should all have as Christians. If you’re not sure, you could go on a fast (Joel 2:12-27).Hi. I used to call this my daily life scripture. But not knowing what my calling is, health and home issues..how can I carry out His plan for me?
Follow what @Magenta posted. Glad to have you join us. Welcome to CC.Hi. I used to call this my daily life scripture. But not knowing what my calling is, health and home issues..how can I carry out His plan for me?
Hi. I used to call this my daily life scripture. But not knowing what my calling is, health and home issues..how can I carry out His plan for me?
Hopefully “…chains and tribulations…” don’t await you. This is certainly the attitude that we should all have as Christians. If you’re not sure, you could go on a fast (Joel 2:12-27).
Thank you for this. I’m not good with words. Maybe calling wasn’t the right choice. I deeply appreciate you taking time to help me.Seeking the purpose one is called for by God can be difficult IF one does not rely on the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit to reveal what purpose God has called them for. The Holy Spirit will reveal to each believer what their "calling" is and equip them with the necessary spiritual gifts to accomplish that calling.
If you have not yet received the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit, I suggest you go to your Pastor and/or sanctified believers of your church and ask them to lay hands on you and pray over you to receive His indwelling presence.
I also have many, many physical limitations, but there are a plethora of ways we can serve God and advance His Kingdom. Sincere prayer, search your heart, study Scripture and become a sanctified believer. You will know your "calling."
You do what you can within your circumstances, and also pray for the other issues to be resolved.Hi. I used to call this my daily life scripture. But not knowing what my calling is, health and home issues..how can I carry out His plan for me?
It really is an apostles witness of his calling and what he feltHi. I used to call this my daily life scripture. But not knowing what my calling is, health and home issues..how can I carry out His plan for me?
Wow! Thank you for this! I need to join a bible study because I can read scripture but sometimes take it at face value instead of studying the scripture and really deciphering its true meaning. 1 Peter 5:7 is another scripture I cling to “Cast all your anxiety on Him, for He cares for you”-strait and to the point. I never thought Acts 20:24 had a different meaning or perspective. Thank you again!It really is an apostles witness of his calling and what he felt
“testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ. And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there: save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me. But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.
And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more. Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men. For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God. Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.”
Acts 20:21-31
remember who was saying this
“Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, (which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,) concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; and declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead: by whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:
among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:”
Romans 1:1-6
“For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men. Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace; and labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it: being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.”
1 Corinthians 4:9, 11-13 KJV
you certainly have a great plan in the lord im just not sure that’s what Paul’s talking about in acts so much as the testimony and hearts cry of an apostle to the people he had lives and taught for three years now was parting from them forever
the apostles are special they had an exceptionally high calling in the lord and established the New Testament of the Bible as Moses first then the prophets had in the ot so Jesus first and then the apostles after
I would challenge you to study on the Baptism of the Holy Spirit starting in Acts. Jesus told the disciples to “.,,tarry …until you are endued with power from on high.” Lk 24:49. A good Bible to study is “The Spirit Filled Life Bible”.Wow! Thank you for this! I need to join a bible study because I can read scripture but sometimes take it at face value instead of studying the scripture and really deciphering its true meaning. 1 Peter 5:7 is another scripture I cling to “Cast all your anxiety on Him, for He cares for you”-strait and to the point. I never thought Acts 20:24 had a different meaning or perspective. Thank you again!
Yes it’s always helpful to read at least a few scriptures before and after to make sure the context fits and is taken in earnest. The Bible really becomes a teacher when we listen closely and ask him for help to understand and hearWow! Thank you for this! I need to join a bible study because I can read scripture but sometimes take it at face value instead of studying the scripture and really deciphering its true meaning. 1 Peter 5:7 is another scripture I cling to “Cast all your anxiety on Him, for He cares for you”-strait and to the point. I never thought Acts 20:24 had a different meaning or perspective. Thank you again!
Hi. I used to call this my daily life scripture. But not knowing what my calling is, health and home issues..how can I carry out His plan for me?
Called to believe God in risen Son for you. Then to be made new in love to all, representing this to allHi. I used to call this my daily life scripture. But not knowing what my calling is, health and home issues..how can I carry out His plan for me?