Adam and Eve first people on earth?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I think I'll select 'Unwatch' at the top of the page and perhaps put this whole thread 'out of sight and out of mind'... :)
I'm not sure I have ever "Watched" a thread. I just read what catches my attention. If someone responds to a post, I'll see what they said.

Jul 24, 2021
For this is what the Lord says –
he who created the heavens,
he is God;
he who fashioned and made the earth,
he founded it;
he did not create it to be empty,
but formed it to be inhabited –
he says:
‘I am the Lord,
and there is no other.

~Isaiah 45:18
To elaborate to you and your friends, if there is one to inhabit, is it not inhabited.

Isa 46:5To whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?

Why don't bake cake offerings?

kenallen

Apr 8, 2022
I am going to try one more time to put this as plain as I can.

Genesis 4

1And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD. 2And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.

Strongs

yasaph: to add

Original Word: יָסַף
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: yasaph
Phonetic Spelling: (yaw-saf')
Definition: to add

NAS Exhaustive ConcordanceWord Origin
a prim. root
Definition
to add
NASB Translation
add (26), add to it more (1), added (8), added...more (1), adding (3), adds (4), again (58), again* (9), another (3), another* (1), any more (1), anymore (4), anymore* (1), continue (5), continued

This has been copied from Biblehub.com
And she Again (added, added to it more, continue, continued. )
Cain and Abil were twins.

Dymes

Dec 11, 2016
Forgive me if someone has made this argument. But it seems that from Genesis 1:26-31 is just a summary of the creation of man. Then in chapter 2 He digs into the details of the creation of man He briefly spoke about in Genesis 1:26-31. It's like me saying I made hamburgers today, then tomorrow I explain the specific type of hamburgers I made yesterday. If that makes sense.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

Genesis 4

1And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD. 2And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.

Strongs

a prim. root
Definition
to add
NASB Translation
add (26), add to it more (1), added (8), added...more (1), adding (3), adds (4), again (58), again* (9), another (3), another* (1), any more (1), anymore (4), anymore* (1), continue (5), continued

If this is what you call “plain”, it’s no wonder you don’t understand Scripture. It’s not even remotely clear what you are trying to say.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
To elaborate to you and your friends, if there is one to inhabit, is it not inhabited.
That makes no sense. What does make sense is to accept what the Bible plainly states: the world was created to be inhabited.

This blows your theory that man was not created as a procreational being.

It also blows your theory that man was created immortal.

For you tie immortality in to being asexual also.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Forgive me if someone has made this argument. But it seems that from Genesis 1:26-31 is just a summary of the creation of man. Then in chapter 2 He digs into the details of the creation of man He briefly spoke about in Genesis 1:26-31. It's like me saying I made hamburgers today, then tomorrow I explain the specific type of hamburgers I made yesterday. If that makes sense.
It bears repeating due to all the other nonsense that keeps being inserted into the convo ;)

kenallen

Apr 8, 2022
Lets really muddy up the waters here hopefully we will clear them up lets and go back to Genesis 3.

Again this is copied from biblehub.com

1Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? 2And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: 3But of the fruit of the tree which [is] in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. 4And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: 5For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. 6And when the woman saw that the tree [was] good for food, and that it [was] pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make [one] wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. 7And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they [were] naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

There is no place in the bible that directly says that Jesus is the tree of life and that Satan is the tree of good and evil but if we look at the verses in the bible we can figure this out. Remember Jesus said I will never leave you wanting. He will give us the answers if we look for them. Jesus will not spoon feed us. He wants us to grow; He refers to us as children that need to grow from the milk of the word to the meat of the word. This whole study is to help you understand and grow. This is not some watered down feel good sermon that you will get on a Sunday morning sermon, or a Sunday school class, or even on a Wednesday night bible study. This truth goes against dare I say 95-99% of what the churches around the world teach. If you really believe the word of God you will see that it is His word I am trying to bring forth.

Genesis3:3 But of the fruit . . . neither shall you touch it lest you die.(for all of you that are so scared of, or ashamed, etc. about sex I am sorry but it is in the bible) Touch in the Strong's concordance #5060 naga A prime root to touch i.e. to lay a hand upon for any purpose: the primary purpose to lie with a woman.(The New Strong's exhaustive Concordance published by Thomas Nelson

For those of you that are pulling your hair out and trying to reach through your screen to get at me; just hold on.

How could a tree lay a hand on some one let alone “touch or seduce them as translated from the Hebrew”

Lets go through the bible Gods word and see what He says about touch, people, trees, and about seeds ect.

Here are examples of touched in the Old Testament both with Abraham and Sarah(Abram and Saria)

This comes from Got Questions .Org

In Genesis 12, Abram and his wife Sarai (their names were later changed to Abraham and Sarah) traveled to Egypt due to a famine in Canaan. Abram instructed his wife to tell people in Egypt that she was his sister instead of his wife. His reason was to protect himself. Because Sarai was so beautiful, Abram feared someone would kill him and take Sarai as his wife. The plan to pass her off as his sister would ensure that Abram would be well received by those he met.

In Egypt, Sarai’s beauty attracted the attention of Pharaoh, the ruler of that country. Sarai was taken into Pharaoh’s house, and many gifts were given to Abram (Genesis 12:16). Genesis 12:17 says, “But the LORD afflicted Pharaoh and his house with great plagues because of Sarai, Abram’s wife.” This seems puzzling. After all, the king was the victim of Abram and Sarai’s deceit.

The result of this punishment reveals the reason for it. When Pharaoh realized Sarai was Abram’s wife, he summoned Abram and said, “What is this you have done to me? Why did you not tell me that she was your wife? Why did you say, ‘She is my sister,’ so that I took her for my wife? Now then, here is your wife; take her, and go” (Genesis 12:18-19). If God had not caused the plagues to come upon Pharaoh and his household, he may not have known anything was wrong. The affliction led to the discovery that Sarai was Abram’s wife. If Pharaoh had kept Sarai, Abram would not have had a son by Sarai in fulfillment of God’s promise to him (Genesis 12:2; 17:19). Abram was wrong to lie, but God graciously intervened in order to keep His covenant with Abram.

In the end, Pharaoh returned Abram’s wife and provided protection for him: “Pharaoh gave men orders concerning him, and they sent him away with his wife and all that he had” (Genesis 12:20). Despite Abram’s wrongdoing, God worked to fulfill His promise. Abram left Egypt with his wife Sarai, the protection of the king, and added prosperity.
More to follow

kenallen

Apr 8, 2022
In Genesis 20 we find a similar passage it seams we have a Lot in common with Abraham; He did not learn his lessen the first time around.

Copied from Biblehub.com

Verse 1. And Abraham journeyed from thence toward the south country, and dwelled between Kadesh and Shur, and sojourned in Gerar. 2And Abraham said of Sarah his wife, She is my sister: and Abimelech king of Gerar sent, and took Sarah. 3But God came to Abimelech in a dream by night, and said to him, Behold, thou art but a dead man, for the woman which thou hast taken; for she is a man's wife. 4But Abimelech had not come near her: and he said, Lord, wilt thou slay also a righteous nation? 5Said he not unto me, She is my sister? and she, even she herself said, He is my brother: in the integrity of my heart and innocency of my hands have I done this. 6And God said unto him in a dream, Yea, I know that thou didst this in the integrity of thy heart; for I also withheld thee from sinning against me: therefore suffered I thee not to touch her. 7Now therefore restore the man his wife; for he is a prophet, and he shall pray for thee, and thou shalt live: and if thou restore her not, know thou that thou shalt surely die, thou, and all that are thine.

8Therefore Abimelech rose early in the morning, and called all his servants, and told all these things in their ears: and the men were sore afraid. 9Then Abimelech called Abraham, and said unto him, What hast thou done unto us? and what have I offended thee, that thou hast brought on me and on my kingdom a great sin? thou hast done deeds unto me that ought not to be done. 10And Abimelech said unto Abraham, What sawest thou, that thou hast done this thing? 11And Abraham said, Because I thought, Surely the fear of God is not in this place; and they will slay me for my wife's sake. 12And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife. 13And it came to pass, when God caused me to wander from my father's house, that I said unto her, This is thy kindness which thou shalt shew unto me; at every place whither we shall come, say of me, He is my brother. 14And Abimelech took sheep, and oxen, and menservants, and womenservants, and gave them unto Abraham, and restored him Sarah his wife. 15And Abimelech said, Behold, my land is before thee: dwell where it pleaseth thee. 16And unto Sarah he said, Behold, I have given thy brother a thousand pieces of silver: behold, he is to thee a covering of the eyes, unto all that are with thee, and with all other: thus she was reproved. 17So Abraham prayed unto God: and God healed Abimelech, and his wife, and his maidservants; and they bare children. 18For the LORD had fast closed up all the wombs of the house of Abimelech, because of Sarah Abraham's wife.

Let look at some other verses about trees being men sense I have said I do not thank that the tree of good and evil is just a tree.

Psalms 1 Verse 1.Blessed isthe man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 2.But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Verse 3. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. Verse 4.The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away. Verse.5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. Verse 6. or the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

Jeremiah 17 Verse 7.Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. Verse 8. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit. Verse 9heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? Verse 10.I the LORD search the heart,I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

New International Version
Each tree is recognized by its own fruit. People do not pick figs from thornbushes, or grapes from briers.
New Living Translation
A tree is identified by its fruit. Figs are never gathered from thornbushes, and grapes are not picked from bramble bushes.

English Standard Version
for each tree is known by its own fruit. For figs are not gathered from thornbushes, nor are grapes picked from a bramble bush.
Berean Study Bible
For each tree is known by its own fruit. Indeed, figs are not gathered from thornbushes, nor grapes from brambles.
Berean Literal Bible
For each tree is known by its own fruit. For they do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they gather grapes from a bramble bush.
King James Bible
For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.

2nd Corinthians 11:31
But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
exapataó: to seduce wholly, deceive

Original Word: ἐξαπατάω
Transliteration: exapataó
Phonetic Spelling: (ex-ap-at-ah'-o)
Definition: to seduce wholly, deceive
Usage: I deceive thoroughly.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Genesis3:3 But of the fruit . . . neither shall you touch it lest you die.(for all of you that are so scared of, or ashamed, etc. about sex I am sorry but it is in the bible) Touch in the Strong's concordance #5060 naga A prime root to touch i.e. to lay a hand upon for any purpose: the primary purpose to lie with a woman.(The New Strong's exhaustive Concordance published by Thomas Nelson

For those of you that are pulling your hair out and trying to reach through your screen to get at me; just hold on.

How could a tree lay a hand on some one let alone “touch or seduce them as translated from the Hebrew”
Why are you saying the tree of the knowledge of good and evil had any power to touch anyone??? Eve told the serpent they, as in Adam and Eve, were not to touch it. And yet nowhere is that command elsewhere in Scripture. It was not part of what God imparted to Adam. And there is no record of Adam saying that Eve. What we see is the root of Midrash: adding to the Word of God; putting a hedge around something.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
There is no place in the bible that directly says that Jesus is the tree of life and that Satan is the tree of good and evil
That's because they aren't.

Remember Jesus said I will never leave you wanting.
No, He didn't. He said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." When you add words to Scripture, you corrupt the meaning of the text.

He will give us the answers if we look for them. Jesus will not spoon feed us. He wants us to grow; He refers to us as children that need to grow from the milk of the word to the meat of the word. This whole study is to help you understand and grow.
Nobody here is your student (thankfully), and you don't have the chops to be a teacher. You need a whole lot of instruction yourself before you even pretend to teach others the correct interpretation of Scripture.

This is not some watered down feel good sermon that you will get on a Sunday morning sermon, or a Sunday school class, or even on a Wednesday night bible study. This truth goes against dare I say 95-99% of what the churches around the world teach. If you really believe the word of God you will see that it is His word I am trying to bring forth.
It goes against what the churches teach because it's wrong. It's your own misguided personal interpretation.

Clearly, you don't know how to do word studies. You do not grab the entire semantic range of a word, choose one meaning that catches your eye, and inject it into the passage in question.

Spare us, please. Go and learn proper hermeneutical methods before you waste your time teaching further error.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Let look at some other verses about trees being men sense I have said I do not thank that the tree of good and evil is just a tree.
Do you understand what a simile is? How about a metaphor?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Let look at some other verses about trees being men sense I have said I do not thank think that the tree of good and evil is just a tree.
Jesus answered, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to Me
will never hunger, and whoever believes in Me will never thirst."

Sure enough, eating and living forever is directly connected to Jesus
Christ. Jesus as the bread of life also said:
I am the living bread that
came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live
forever. And this bread, which I will give for the life of the world, is My flesh.

This does not mean the Tree of Life was literally Jesus. Just like Jesus is not
literally a loaf of bread, any more than He is literally a door or a gate, or a
vine. Yet He is the Creator and giver and sustainer and architect of life.
Through Him and by Him and for Him, creation abides. As do we. Door, gate,
bread of Life, Light of the world, the True Vine: all these things are true of Him.

P

pottersclay

Basically Gods blueprints jesus being the contractor the Holy Spirit being maintenance.

kenallen

Apr 8, 2022
Jesus answered, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to Me
will never hunger, and whoever believes in Me will never thirst."

Sure enough, eating and living forever is directly connected to Jesus
Christ. Jesus as the bread of life also said:
I am the living bread that
came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live
forever. And this bread, which I will give for the life of the world, is My flesh.

This does not mean the Tree of Life was literally Jesus. Just like Jesus is not
literally a loaf of bread, any more than He is literally a door or a gate, or a
vine. Yet He is the Creator and giver and sustainer and architect of life.
Through Him and by Him and for Him, creation abides. As do we. Door, gate,
bread of Life, Light of the world, the True Vine: all these things are true of Him.
I agree with you the tree of the knowledge of Good and evil is Satan. I was really trying to lay the ground work to get to that. I was hoping to find some interest and I mean real intrest but not so

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I agree with you the tree of the knowledge of Good and evil is Satan. I was really trying to lay the
ground work to get to that. I was hoping to find some interest and I mean real intrest but not so
Well, I did not say that the tree of the knowledge of good and evil was Satan :unsure:

God could have drawn a line anywhere in the proverbial sand and said, "Do not cross this line."

The point is, they disobeyed. They decided for themselves what was right and wrong.

They already knew good in knowing God, and knowing His creation. All very good.

Suddenly they knew evil also = their choice aside from/in opposition to the express will of God.

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018

Genesis 4

Strongs

a prim. root
Definition
to add
NASB Translation

Clear as mud