Add a 'moved' icon/picture/emote.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 24, 2019
I'm new to this kind of web-site, so this might just be me not 'getting it', but several times the emotion I feel is that I'm 'moved' by a post.

I find it a very positive emotion to experience and would like to be able to convey it with an emote.
Its an emotion that makes me want to be the best person I can be for the sake of others and all.

a definition of 'moved'...
having strong feelings of sadness or sympathy, because of something someone has said or done:
eg. "When she told me about her daughter's death, I was too moved even to speak"

Feb 24, 2019
Maybe 'inspired' would be a better word for what I'm trying to say, but still it doesn't seem quite right.
Maybe there is no one word to encapsulate this emotion.

Its the kind of emotion that makes you want to do better for the team.

Does anyone know of a more fitting word this?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Maybe 'inspired' would be a better word for what I'm trying to say, but still it doesn't seem quite right.

Its the kind of emotion that makes you want to do better for the team.

Under the old format you used to be able to award rep points to these types of posts. What is do is to simply respond to a post that moves me in a personal way. Your suggestion is an excellent one. I like that word 'encapsulate'.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
If you send me candy, cookies, or cake-I can provide you with a better word!

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
If you send me candy, cookies, or cake-I can provide you with a better word!
Just kidding. A thesaurus gave me exhilarated, galvanized, and inspirited(my favorite).

Feb 24, 2019
Just kidding. A thesaurus gave me exhilarated, galvanized, and inspirited(my favorite).
Thanks for your input.

Put together your replies make me think of 'good-food' or 'fuel' which might work well.

(the cookies are in the mail! :) )

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Thanks for your input.

Put together your replies make me think of 'good-food' or 'fuel' which might work well.

(the cookies are in the mail! :) )
I'm more of a brownie type of guy. :)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
But are you eating the right kind of brownies? Send me a sample and I'll test them for You!
I eat my brownies straight with no certain additives. On occasion though I might add vanilla ice cream and a generous portion of Redi-Whip when I feel like I'm a wild and crazy guy.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
I eat my brownies straight with no certain additives. On occasion though I might add vanilla ice cream and a generous portion of Redi-Whip when I feel like I'm a wild and crazy guy.
I don't do additives, either. I just wanted to make sure they were made right. I'm a world-renowned brownie tester, and quite reliable.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I don't do additives, either. I just wanted to make sure they were made right. I'm a world-renowned brownie tester, and quite reliable.
I believe you to be quite reliable as well. Regarding the (additives), perhaps some chopped walnuts would be acceptable. "Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't..."

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
I believe you to be quite reliable as well. Regarding the (additives), perhaps some chopped walnuts would be acceptable. "Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't..."
Walnuts are good-supposed to be brain food. Lord knows my brain can always use any help it can get.

Feb 24, 2019
maybe 'caffeine' is the word I'm looking for, in order to try to describe the effect the post has on me.

Feb 24, 2019
OK. I just went out with a friend to visit my brother's grave.

My brother's name was Peter.
He was an immense Christian in this world.
In my mind, with no doubt, he was massively blessed by God, and I can't wait to meet him again in paradise, probably fishing, knowing him.

Anyway, my friend, when I met him 4 years ago, was an atheist.

Today we sat on a bench by the grave.
And he said "do you mind if I read some of 'Romans' to you?"
And then he read Romans 8:18-27.

It was amazing!

I couldn't sit anymore.
I stood up and marched around.
Saying, "instead of Dead Poet's Society, we should have 'Dead Apostle's Society'".

Anyway, he then said, "sometimes the cross is a cross to me, but sometimes it's a plus sign+".
So, I'd like to propose a new emote, which is 'caffeine', and its emblem as a '+'.

So please click 'AGREE', if you agree. :)

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
The site is based off of foundational software and so most likely the like system comes from that software and their preexisting options.

Apr 18, 2019

Its the kind of emotion that makes you want to do better for the team. I could describe it by the words. This website (https://au.edubirdie.com/plagiarism-checker) helped me with my personal essays.

Try to read some works of medieval scholastics. They had written about many emotions.