Advice

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018
Not sure if you mean for everything or something specific.

Keep asking and praying. The answer will come eventually. Sometimes it takes a while and usually it's right when you've about given up.

Pay attention to your dreams. God speaks in our dreams bc it's easier to get through to us that way.

Pay attention to what others are saying. God speaks through people. If strangers are telling you something that could apply to your question.. Take it as a sign. Listen to loved ones as well since their love is symbolic for God's love.

Read the Bible and look for clues to your answer or lessons that align.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
How do you get advice when God doesn't answer?
Read His will in the Bible..

And wait on the LORD..

Also God can and often does speak to us through Brothers and Sisters in Christ.. So maybe it might help if you confide in one or two and ask them to pray for you..

Nov 26, 2012
Apparently you become a CC member, post a query then wait. Eventually there is about ten contradictory responses, the thread gets derailed and then you realize it was better just being patient with the Lord.

Princesse

Feb 16, 2020
I would seek the answer in prayer and fasting. On occasion, He will bring it through a loved one or friend whose walk and maturity are evident.

The challenge with venues like these is few (if any) are praying before they reply. And I couldn’t stake my decision on head knowledge. I must know the tree and its fruit before consumption.

Good luck.

Dec 30, 2019
The angels have access to a lot of information in the library in Heaven. They can do the research for us. We read in Rev 5:8 "Each had a harp and gold bowls filled with incense, which are the prayers of God's". We know that the Angels collect our prayers and place them in the gold bowls filled with incense before God. Our prayers are to be a sweet aroma. "For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ" (2 Cor 2:15) So we have to be careful we do not sound like sour grapes. WE can not complain and consider that to be prayer. We need to give praise and thanks onto God that He does love us and that He does hear our prayers. He has the answer for every question and the solution for every problem. If there is a delay there is NO delay with God because He is the same and He does not change. We are the one's that change and sometimes it takes time for us to understand. God does things HIS way not our way.

Nov 26, 2012
That’s awesome! You haven’t even waited 24hrs before withdrawing here. Clearly you haven’t had to deal with the postal system. A response could take weeks. What advice were you hoping for? Dial-a-prophet? Tweeting to Pope? Tarot cards? These aren’t my suggestions. If you want a serious answer here is what I do and it hasn’t failed yet.

First, I make my question as specific as possible. Then I fast at least the evening and go to Him in the morning before I eat. I find a quiet place. Then I meditate. I listen for my heartbeat. When I sense the pulse in my neck I begin praying. First I ask for forgiveness for all of the things I am doing wrong and thank Him for meeting with me. I begin a telepathic conversation where often it appears that somebody is shining a light in my closed eyes because it seems so bright. Sometimes I even open them but the room is still dark. In that state I ask my questions and pray for wisdom and that He explains it to me as only He can. Then it is like a download of information that comes in knowledge, and often analogy. To close our session I thank Him for my blessings and for that He is true to His promises. I remind myself His will not mine and spend a few minutes allowing this information to marinate in my thoughts, helping me to reorder my priorities and light my path. His answers don’t often reassure me that life is going to be a blissful walk in the garden. I always leave knowing that I have been in communion with the Creator whose plans involve me, but are not geared to please me. I am His, to do as He wills.

Perhaps this helps more than my sarcastic (though not far from authentic) response previously given.

L

Locoponydirtman

God always answers. You just haven't heard because you are not looking in the right place. This video should help.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com

I use to wonder that myself. Where to go to when God doesn't answer my prayers. Then I realized one day as things happened after praying yet again, that little things would occur, one after the other, through that day or over a period of days. And as they did so I started to keep track and in the end all those little things culminated into what turned out to be one big answer. But in steps, over a period of time and time to change what was, to what I needed them to be, which all pertained to my prayers.

God hears you. He sees further than you do and when you tell Him what you need or where you are, he already knows. It's the humility part that we have to work on. We think, because we're led by this world to think, that we can take care of things for ourselves. When it all becomes too much that's when we'll stop, take a breath and realize whatever is the trouble, it is clearly bigger than just us because our efforts aren't working to make that difference we need.
That's the humbling stage. Realizing, Real - I, that for many things what we have as our resources are not enough and we need help.

And then we pray. That's the full on humility part. It isn't news to God. I think it is news to us that God was waiting for us to come to the realization we need Him for this.
Whatever is going wrong, it took time to get there. And whatever is needed to heal it takes time also to arrive and make the change. Everything in its own time. God knows. Don't look at what you're praying about or over as something that you need immediate "poof there it is" results for. Relax, that's key. And then pay attention to what little changes occur as you go on about your day(s). And see too where you might be able to do something different than you usually do. We can be part of the change process God is working out for us. We don't have to just sit back and let Him work. If it's worthy praying about it is worth our time to see what we may need to do or change to get things moving in a different direction.

God loves you. :) You're going to be OK.
He sees you.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Apparently you become a CC member, post a query then wait. Eventually there is about ten contradictory responses, the thread gets derailed and then you realize it was better just being patient with the Lord.
Well yes you may indeed get 10 different answers.. But it is likely that within those answers will be an answer from God.. If God is working on the one asking the question, then it is again likely that when they see the right answer they will feel the conviction of Gods Holy Spirit..

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Or no one has an answer for you but the Lord and you need to be patient.

At least you made an effort to avail yourself of available resources and there is sound wisdom in that. Sometimes he does indeed confirm a sort of "vagueness" when I seek out the opinion of others. If it echoes the same vagueness then it confirms to me that I haven't missed any general revelation and that specifically there may be resolution or there may not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It does so happen that our prayers are not in accordance with his will but not through anything deliberate, just not the direction he is going.

This is a juvenile example but consider that you'd like a horse so because you like horses and also for the utility of practical conveyance from point A to point B. You pray as such and it is "uniquely you". This response isn't ever answered and no resolution is gained. You realize you have the funds for a car and a great deal presents itself. You feel pushed toward the practicality of a car and it serves you well. I could simulate a few "answers" that are vague referring to your transportation needs if that would be helpful.

So, you don't get a horse and no further "hearing" of your horse request other than that you continue to want one. Nothing happens.

In this particular instance, I can't see anything particular rebellious or sinful about wanting a horse. Maybe in a small way you want to display your own uniqueness in a modern world and sort of "peacock" a bit and potentially a tiny bit of error in that which might snowball into greater error and distraction from his direction...but I'd be leaping pretty far in a hypothetical.

I say all that to illustrate my interaction for why I receive no answer, or a "no" and how not praying in accordance with his will isn't always a deep rooted critical sin but just simply a vanity outside his will. How this answer is received is typically circumstantial. Would it be good stewardship to completely rework my life for what "I" want? Am I exalting my will? Do I really care enough to further discern his will in this area? Does he even care "that" much? Does this thing "really" matter at all?

If so, a couple of other posters had some good suggestions. Fasting is a reasonable move if your motive is as sincerely valid as you are able to judge. Fasting isn't really something that should be done on a whim and although I have done so (with "unpleasant" results) I've learned that it's a pretty serious thing.

I think occasionally we can be in a state of indecision when the Lord wants us to simply decide. Leastways for me that has been a predicament. Think of a parent that has no answer except what the child's answer will be (knowing it to be innocuous) but expects a decision to be made. I have struggled with this due to always wanting to be correct but for a lot of things there is no "right" answer because we are consistently changing and trying to micro analyze everything is counterproductive.

Anyway, I presented a lot of "vagueness" since you weren't specific yourself...a lot of life can be vague for me on the personal day to day living...like diet, grooming, etc. etc. Each of things matter, but even on these things extreme micromanagement doesn't appear to work.

One of the biggest issues that I wrestle with is doing the day to day while an answer to something "life changing" is in the works as well as the timing behind the Lord's will. I hope this is "vaguely" beneficial :)