AFK in chat rooms by names...option

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Sherril

AFK in chat rooms so we can do other things like cleaning etc.. around house listening, and not being rude to those in chat rooms......I am not at the comp. at times I im concerned folks might think I am ignoring them or being inconsiderate. is it poss. to have this feature for the chat rooms added...pls. give it some thought:)

Last edited by a moderator:
U

Ugly

Suggested years ago. Has never happened.
Of course the easiest way is, if you're going to be away That long is to just log off.
I have a suspicion that such an option is purposefully not implemented to prevent people from sitting in chat while not active for long periods of time.

S

Sherril

For me at times I'm near by, doing dishes or laundry....were I can hear while I work ...My concern is some folks are sensitive and would see that I was not there at that time gone temporary away and they may try to chat with me and there is no response....years ago my hubby and I were admins in pal talk in Christian rooms and it was very nice to have .......thank you for your impute but I can still hope...:)ps. I will not call you by your nick name because your are beautiful in Gods sight ....love in Christ Sherril...

Last edited by a moderator:
U

Ugly

For me at times I'm near by, doing dishes or laundry....were I can hear while I work ...My concern is some folks are sensitive and would see that I was not there at that time gone temporary away and they may try to chat with me and there is no response....years ago my hubby and I were admins in pal talk in Christian rooms and it was very nice to have .......thank you for your impute but I can still hope...:)ps. I will not call you by your nick name because your are beautiful in Gods sight ....love in Christ Sherril...
Seems if someone is so sensitive then you aren't responsible for that. And coddling that level of sensitivity would actually be to their detriment.
A slightly more complicated option would be to change your pm box message when you go away and put it back when you're there. Just keep that page open.
Well it's the one I chose. So it's the one I answer to. (=

But if the software won't support it then not much of a hope.

S

Sherril

Well dear one I will call you beautiful...as by Gods hand as you are His...I believe all folks have some beauty in them ...and so much more Gods Children ....:)I go in the chat rooms a lot and when folks come in they say hi ..then if we do not respond that's what I saying in the chat rooms.....but thank you so much dear one for your input ....in Christ Sherril...:D

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
For the record, this feature is something that is on Admin's radar. Just at this time other improvements/upgrades are higher on the priority list.