After 142 years as Top Dog China Overtakes U.S. Economy By Years End

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
Last edited:
K

kennethcadwell

I think that poll is a little late.
They have had a bigger economy then most places for awhile now, and a lot of places have come in dept to them, including the U.S.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Seeing as the USA owes China some... 17.6 trillion dollars, I would say that the takeover process was fait accompli a LONG time ago!

Dec 12, 2013
I think that poll is a little late.
They have had a bigger economy then most places for awhile now, and a lot of places have come in dept to them, including the U.S.
Well they are just now announcing it on AOL NEWS and Fox news so....couldn't tell you about timing, but I suppose because I said it you would disagree HAH!

K

kennethcadwell

Well they are just now announcing it on AOL NEWS and Fox news so....couldn't tell you about timing, but I suppose because I said it you would disagree HAH!

Now don't be that way....lol
We have are disagreements on certain subjects, but we are still brothers in Christ.
I was being critical toward our bias, government controlled media outlets. Not to you....
They are always keeping people in the dark, releasing bias polls that people accept hook, line, and sinker, and showing only want the government allows them to show.
Taking and bating the audiences, for example and take me at my word because I don't know for sure what audience watches what. This is just an example;

Say you have the democrats and republicans arguing over a subject say illegal immigration for instance.

Say CNN has mostly a democratic audience, so the government would have CNN spend 20 hours of the day talking about the hardships these immigrants face, and only about 10 minutes on most being criminals.

Now Fox who has mostly republicans for an audience they would do the opposite, spend 20 hours on how the immigrants are mostly made of criminals, and only 10 minutes on the hardships they face.

This keeps the sides apposed to each other by them doing this. One see's it mainly one way, while the other see's it mainly the other.

Mar 21, 2011
I was taught about this eventuality in History class in early 1990s. Yes, in little old Australia, we were taught about the economic development of China.

It's not the end of the world. I do think Americans need to collectively re-imagine their place in the world, and perhaps start looking after themselves, their inequality and their poor.

Because doing things, the way the Neo-Liberal Economists want you to, and the Way Reagan Republicans want you to, is destroying your own country.

Free Trade deals are always a joke.

(Same applies for my country)

Dec 12, 2013
I was taught about this eventuality in History class in early 1990s. Yes, in little old Australia, we were taught about the economic development of China.

It's not the end of the world. I do think Americans need to collectively re-imagine their place in the world, and perhaps start looking after themselves, their inequality and their poor.

Because doing things, the way the Neo-Liberal Economists want you to, and the Way Reagan Republicans want you to, is destroying your own country.

Free Trade deals are always a joke.

(Same applies for my country)
I agree and will also add...Rome ruled the "known world" as a Republic and then switched to the rule of the people (Democracy) crumbled and fell as an empire......seems he U.S. is following Rome's lead........and nothing wrong with (little old Australia) as I should be coming back for a 2 to 3 week visit at the end of the month......! ;)

And I agree with FREE trade being a JOKE and the Joke is on US!

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
This was long in the coming. The US used to export by far more than it imported prior to WWII. As the rest of the world has industrialized American industries have shut down. Very little that we consume is actually completely made in the US from US made components/materials.

Dec 12, 2013
This was long in the coming. The US used to export by far more than it imported prior to WWII. As the rest of the world has industrialized American industries have shut down. Very little that we consume is actually completely made in the US from US made components/materials.
No doubt...like in the 50's we produced enough food to feed the world and now because of CRP land and the government paying farmers not to plant to keep prices high we have to import like 40 to 50 percent of what we consume.......!

1still_waters

China population = 1.4 billion - output = $17.6 trillion
USA population = 316.1 million - output = $17.4 trillion

I'd say given our population we're doing great, or given their population, they aren't doing that great. 1.4 billion vs 316.1 million.

A

AgeofKnowledge