alcohol addition

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Tajee

I have been using alcohol as a means to cope with my life that spun out of control. My husband had a brain tumor removed and is now a man I do not know, easily angered, can't make decisions, child like, and cannot follow a conversation well. We had to sell our home, move to a different one, that we actually cannot afford, I am working at a fast food restaurant as it is the only job i could find at 67, having worked with my husband establishing his own business and building it, I was never an employee, I just worked the business side, and we were never profitable enough for me to become an employee. When I have gone for interview on the clerical side, I am always refused and I know it is age related, I wouldn't hire and train a person of my age either. I have been a believer for 40 years.........but this new state of life is overwhelming me, and I have turned into a closet drinker. It is the only time I don't feel stressed or anxious or paranoid of my husband. I would apreciate prayer for my trust that the Lord has me in his control and this situation, and that my faith would increase to trust Him and not alcohol. Also prayer that my stamina will be enough for this high physical energy job where I literally never sit still. Thank youl

Aug 6, 2019
Hi Tajee, I am praying for you. Trust in God but do not forget to help others trust in God too. I find that in my struggles the best way (at least for me) to overcome them is to help others and let the love of God flow through me, not just to me. That is why I am on here today. Take the sinful desires of the flesh and instead of falling victim to them turn them into something great, a reminder and motivation to be a light for others. Soon you will find that you have been helped by helping.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

I am so sorry to hear of your distressing situation.

I pray that you find comfort, peace, and strength in Christ.

Have you considered joining a support group, perhaps for grief?

Have you ever gone to AA? There is a 12 step support thread on this site, also, here.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord bless Tajee, and this prayer. Lord make Tajee, free from alcohol habit. Please bless, in Jesus loving name, Amen!

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Lord, thank You for bringing Tajee here, among brethren who care and pray for each other. Thank You for her life, as You continue to bless their life, and show how faithful You are amidst new storms in life. We ask for new strength and wisdom that You alone can give, that she can soar with eagle's wings, and reach destination gloriously. In the mighty name of our Lord Yeshua.

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
Lord,we come before because we know your freeing power! There is not a chain in this life that cannot be broken by you! Your love can change the man in this home also,you can repair his brain and help him control the parts that are damaged from this surgery! Restore the love these changes have made,give strength to bodies that were once youthful and full of energy! Bless this home with your saving grace,that truly changes a person's feelings,motivation,thoughts and love! Let us put our trust in You to overcome the bindings of comfort the enemy places before us! We praise you for everything you do and are about to do! In Jesus name! Amen!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I have been using alcohol as a means to cope with my life that spun out of control. My husband had a brain tumor removed and is now a man I do not know, easily angered, can't make decisions, child like, and cannot follow a conversation well. We had to sell our home, move to a different one, that we actually cannot afford, I am working at a fast food restaurant as it is the only job i could find at 67, having worked with my husband establishing his own business and building it, I was never an employee, I just worked the business side, and we were never profitable enough for me to become an employee. When I have gone for interview on the clerical side, I am always refused and I know it is age related, I wouldn't hire and train a person of my age either. I have been a believer for 40 years.........but this new state of life is overwhelming me, and I have turned into a closet drinker. It is the only time I don't feel stressed or anxious or paranoid of my husband. I would apreciate prayer for my trust that the Lord has me in his control and this situation, and that my faith would increase to trust Him and not alcohol. Also prayer that my stamina will be enough for this high physical energy job where I literally never sit still. Thank youl
Paul did counsel in the bible though that at a certain point perhaps a little wine may be necessary to dull the pain. Perhaps this is not an advisable medicinal regimen in your case.

I will pray for God to take control of the situation that is overwhelming you. I am only a few years behind you and I have a high physical job too. Each morning before I go to work I pray for strength to get through the day and for the Lord to calm any fears I may have.

Hopefully, you will find comfort, support and understanding from the members of this site. Believe me, you are not alone in this type of situation for there are others as well that feel life overwhelming them. I will offer a prayer for your husband as well for his emotional and physical well-being.

Glad to have you as part of our family. Welcome to CC.