Alcohol - Day 1 sober.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jakob

Jul 15, 2014
First day of being sober, in I dont even know how long.
As people on here might know, I've been drinking a LOT in 4 years.
As I woke up this morning, 7th of october, exaclty a month after my moms death, i was staring at my ceiling for like an hour.
Thoughts like, why do I drink? Alcohol makes me miserable.
Thoughts like, Why do i smoke? Cigarettes makes me more stressed out.
I know my mom, and God wouldnt want me to be miserable.
Maybe it was hangover thoughts this morning.
A little bit about how far out i am in drinking, normal day, yesterday;
I drank a six pack, for some reason i puked up (which im guessing is because I eat fast food and drink everyday)
then after that, I went to a bar, and this old classmate I had was yelling, excited to see me, kept introducing me to people saying "ITS Jakob!! He's a mysterium!! A legend! No one sees him that often, what have you been doing last 4 years?"
He was so excited / drunk, that when his phone called, he just said "IM WITH JAKOB. YEAH COME ON. YES JAKOB THE LEGEND".. Haha.. he had to go to the bathroom and told me not to leave, cause then he wouldnt see me in 4 more years.

As I sat in the bar, I was still extremely lonely.
All i saw was miserable people, and that was what they had in common.
All I heard was loud music to drown our thoughts, and hear people laughing.
All I smelled was cigarette smoke and alcohol.
Even though people talked to me, and there was human approval for once or whatever, people being happy to see me, I still felt as miserable.
So I went home. didnt even finish my beer.
I took a cigarette looking at the moon, and I prayed to God..

Now I'm about to pour my six pack of beers down the drain. (I always have beers in the fridge)..
But im shaking, cause I wanna drink them as well. So i'm praying. And I hope you people will pray for me, cause its hard.

Funny how so many years i've been saying "I need a good day to stop drinking" tried christmas eve, tried new years eve, tried my birthday, tried when I drank with my mom the last time.
But the date means nothing, I'm not on myself, and im not AS focused as i could potentially be sober, on God.

So Please God, help me to help myself.

Jenizona

Aug 8, 2015
I will commit to pray for you today, but especially for TOMORROW, and just wake up tomorrow and know that you have people praying for you! One day at a time! You can do it! I know you can, and I'm so proud of you for making the change in your life that you need to make, that takes true strength. Maybe watch a movie tonight and distract yourself! Something encouraging like one of the Rocky movies lol :) Keep fighting! You got this!

jenniferand2

Mar 19, 2016
Good Luck Jakob you can do it. I went from drinking constantly from working in the bar to just stopping basically for the same reasons as you. I was sick and tired of the same circle every night get up hung over shower eat go back to work at the bar party all night go home buzzed like crazy room spinning sick as a dog. Just to get up and do it all over again. I hope God brings you peace while you quit your drinking.. I stop one day and that was it. P.s. your liver will thank you for stopping alcohol is pure hell on your liver... if you find your having trouble and are craving it or just having a problem at all look for a good chat support or even hit the AA meetings in your area.. Support is important during this time for some people me i just stayed real busy so I did not think about it anymore...

Feb 7, 2015
We're all with you, Jakob.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Today is the day to stop doing whatever it is you are doing that is hurting yourself. If you lack the strength of your convictions, please, Jakob, seek help. Cry out to God. Seek out 12 step fellowships for support and encouragement. AA has been especially helpful to many people, including myself. I have been attending various 12 step fellowship meetings for about thirty years, although I did not get clean and sober until 1994. It started with a cry to God for help with a problem I did not even believe was related to my drug and alcohol use, and yet, the result was my giving up the mind and mood altering substances, and being set on a path of seeking to live by spiritual principles.

Many do not understand that the 12 steps originate in Scripture. They are solidly Biblical in nature and centered on God. Now more than ever, young people populate the rooms of AA and NA. It is so heartening to see them embrace the principles of the program, knowing that their life hangs in the balance. Prayers for you and your recovery, Jakob. You are not alone.

Laish

Jul 31, 2016
Hello Jakob
Its great to see your working on trying to stay sober. I was in your shoes not so long ago. I am a recovered alcoholic.
What you are going thru is not unique. Most recovered folks have gone through the same things. I would like to give you a few suggestions.
first find a good Church home .
Find person or persons that you can talk to about what your going through. Preferably a recovered alcoholic. This could mean finding a AA group .
try not to over think things . I would constantly run ideas thru my head and drive myself nuts . I found the KISS principle worked great for me . Keep It Simple Stupid.
also don’t give up most folks don’t get it the first time or even the second. Those that did recover kept at it no matter how many times they started over .
Keep praying that is so key ,along with Bible study and worship .

Blessings
Bill

S

Sherril

{Jakob} If I may I would like to share a little of my testimony...when I was 17-21 I gave way to the things of the world overtaken by the devil and my flesh....I was born-again when I was 10 years old..I ask Jesus to forgive me of my sins I repented ask Jesus to be my Savior and Lord......I was raised up in church and hearing and learning things of God......then at 17 i started rebelling......drinking, drugs, many evil things had ahold on me at that time.....i remember smoking a joint and then going to church but even then God was drawing me back to Himself...Jakob i was sick of my lifestyle and very empty living apart from God...sure sin can be so called fun for a season but in the end it brings spiritual death....Well at 21 God set me free, i was seeking him, and God by His love was drawing me to Himself ...i went to a women's bible study the teacher i ask her for prayer i told he i was bound, she prayed and God set me free...all the desire and cravings went away it was like i was made brand new i sensed the Holy Spirit being over taken by Gods love forgiveness and peace....Jakob im old now and have seen God do many wonderful things in life as now i seek Him with all my heart soul and mind...God loves us so much dear one He is able to set us free, through Jesus....your in my prayers Jakob.....love in Christ Sherril....:rolleyes:

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Father God, give your strength, wisdom to say no to alchol, yes Lord. Bless to live a healthy life, heal spiritually, physicallly and emotional and you be glorified in Jakob's life. Lord let him drink no more but walk in your ways, please bless Jakob. In Jesus Holy name, Amen!

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Good for you, Jakob. Keep it up.. :)

Philippians 4:13

Sep 25, 2017
First day of being sober, in I dont even know how long.
As people on here might know, I've been drinking a LOT in 4 years.
As I woke up this morning, 7th of october, exaclty a month after my moms death, i was staring at my ceiling for like an hour.
Thoughts like, why do I drink? Alcohol makes me miserable.
Thoughts like, Why do i smoke? Cigarettes makes me more stressed out.
I know my mom, and God wouldnt want me to be miserable.
Maybe it was hangover thoughts this morning.
A little bit about how far out i am in drinking, normal day, yesterday;
I drank a six pack, for some reason i puked up (which im guessing is because I eat fast food and drink everyday)
then after that, I went to a bar, and this old classmate I had was yelling, excited to see me, kept introducing me to people saying "ITS Jakob!! He's a mysterium!! A legend! No one sees him that often, what have you been doing last 4 years?"
He was so excited / drunk, that when his phone called, he just said "IM WITH JAKOB. YEAH COME ON. YES JAKOB THE LEGEND".. Haha.. he had to go to the bathroom and told me not to leave, cause then he wouldnt see me in 4 more years.

As I sat in the bar, I was still extremely lonely.
All i saw was miserable people, and that was what they had in common.
All I heard was loud music to drown our thoughts, and hear people laughing.
All I smelled was cigarette smoke and alcohol.
Even though people talked to me, and there was human approval for once or whatever, people being happy to see me, I still felt as miserable.
So I went home. didnt even finish my beer.
I took a cigarette looking at the moon, and I prayed to God..

Now I'm about to pour my six pack of beers down the drain. (I always have beers in the fridge)..
But im shaking, cause I wanna drink them as well. So i'm praying. And I hope you people will pray for me, cause its hard.

Funny how so many years i've been saying "I need a good day to stop drinking" tried christmas eve, tried new years eve, tried my birthday, tried when I drank with my mom the last time.
But the date means nothing, I'm not on myself, and im not AS focused as i could potentially be sober, on God.

So Please God, help me to help myself.
This may help you to keep sober. I started smoking in 1950 when I joined theNavy I tried to quit a lot of times but I was hooked. I went t the altar when I was 40 and laid a whole pack of Marlboros down and just said “ Lord, I don’t want these any more” and walked away. From that day until this, some44 yrs I have not smoked one cigarette. The amazing thing about it is The Lord took away even the desire to smoke. I can be around people smoking and it doesn’t effect me one bit. SO PUT IT INTHELORD’S HANDS.

Y

Yahweh_is_gracious

Wishing you luck. I'm struggling with my own alcoholism, and it's been a struggle. I have no good advice to give, but can just say you aren't alone.

Maka

Jun 26, 2017
Good luck (((HUGS))) you are worth it! Praying for you

eeb017

Oct 9, 2017
There is much love, support and advice given here Jakob. I have 90 days without a drink today, and 3 days without cigarettes. All because of a 12 step program.

blessedby1

Aug 15, 2017
Jakob, continue to call out God. Jeremiah 33:3 says ‘Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.’ Trust and believe in this verse. It is so powerfully amazing. God has shown me so much truth, as i have dealt with my own addictions. Remember Jakob just because you have a feeling or a thought, does not mean you have to act upon it. The enemy (satan ) will throw those fiery darts at you and me. As long as you have put on the full Armor of God, we’ll have no worries (be sure to check out Ephesians 6:10-20).
Becoming stronger in your faith, will keep you from falling down, from going down the wrong path and will keep you from giving in to temptation. The sin is not the temptation (Jesus was tempted) it is giving in to it.
Knowing scripture, studying God’s word; daily being in prayer (letting God know what you are thankful for; and daily confession, letting Him know what your struggles are) is a huge step to deepen your walk with Jesus. Remember Jesus knows all these things already, but is waiting for you to tell Him. That’s how develop a close walk with Him. The enemy will do anything to keep your mind and thoughts off of God and His Son Jesus. He knows our weaknesses and will exploit them. The only way to combat the enemy’s ways is through living out God’s word in our life.
So when I am tempted (everyday, every hour and often every minute) I do what God tells us in his word to do in Philippians 4:8 Christian brothers, keep your minds thinking about whatever is true, whatever is respected, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever can be loved, and whatever is well thought of. If there is anything good and worth giving thanks for, think about these things.
Doing that will keep the enemy away..he will still attack, but as you daily cling to Jesus, there won’t be any damage to the enemy’s attacks. God bless you Jakob
You may want to check out article #1 here: http://bit.ly/2yiuHtf