Think about it for a minute...
How credible would it be, if a man appeared in court, and claimed that his friend told him about the details of an accident, therefore he was qualified to testify about it?
Ludicrous.
Why would I believe someone who calls himself an Apostle, who never saw the resurrection? I totally believe the Apostles who wrote Scripture, or dictated it to an assistant. They had first-hand experience with the risen Jesus, and were qualified. No one today can meet those qualifications.
Those who call themselves Apostles of Christ today are, quite bluntly, either outright liars, deceived, or mentally ill.
Note that I am not addressing "apostles" in the sense of church-planters or missionaries. I realize that some use this title to refer to those offices. I am not talking about "apostles of the church" either...those sent by the church for a specific purpose.
In relation to this topic, I recommend this article:
Are There Still Apostles Today? | The Cripplegate
It outlines three qualifications for an apostle, and NO ONE today can meet those qualifications.
Regarding those who would say I don't believe in the five-fold ministry..yes, I do. I have the ministry of the apostles which are contained in Scripture..their eyewitness accounts.
When will the church ever stop listening to prideful men, and start addressing them sharply on these issues?
Remember, real Apostles are those who are credible eyewitnesses.
I have tested those who claim to be apostles today, and found them FALSE. They were not eyewitnesses to the resurrected Jesus, so they are FALSE. It isn't hard to apply that test and find that all claimants are FALSE today.
Rev 2:2 “‘I know your works, your toil and your patient endurance, and how you cannot bear with those who are evil, but have tested those who call themselves apostles and are not, and found them to be false."
And, for those who are making such claims, be aware that you will be facing Jesus in one of the resurrections. You should be trembling in your shoes for making such claims.
Quit playing ego games with God, repent and admit your foolishness.