Alphabet Game

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 28, 2016
T

1TH. 2:13.
For this cause also Thank we God without ceasing, because, when you received The Word of God
which you heard of us, you received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, The Word of God,
which effectually works also in you that believe.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; Eph 3:8

runnymede

Oct 17, 2020
Ontario Canada
John 3:5, KJV

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Feb 28, 2016
W

LUKE 21:36.
Watch you therefore, and pray always, that you may be accounted worthy to escape
all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before The Son of man.

AndyMaleh

Jun 26, 2020
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
The artbible concordance found no words in the KJV proper bibles (OT & NT) for the letter x, so I engineered my own software tool to parse multiple Bibles (ESV, MSG, NIV, and NLT) and look up words beginning with X. I only found 'xerxes', which was already mentioned in this game, so I am skipping to the next letter.

Y.

Yearn

2 Corinthians 9:12-15

12 For this service of giving that you perform not only makes up for lack among the saints, but abounds also through many givings of thanks to God;
13 seeing that through the proof given by this service, they glorify God for the obedience of your confession to the Good News of Christ, and for the liberality of your contribution to them and to all;
14 while they themselves also, with supplication on your behalf, yearn for you by reason of the exceeding grace of God in you.
15 Now thanks be to God for his unspeakable gift!

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Yeah maybe X should be removed lol. To be fair though, what people have come up with has surprised me. I did like I think it was oldthenew who did the second letter with Exalt which was creative. Repeats are fine to be honest, like this will probably be but it's what I feel. Love the verse thing you all are doing but I can't pick one though this is on my mind:

Zion

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things. Mt 12:35

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul; 1 Pet 2:11

Feb 28, 2016
E

PRO. 17:28.
Even a fool, when he holds his peace, is counted wise: and he that shuts his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
F

Col 2:5 For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Give us help from trouble: for vain is the help of man. Psa 108:12

Feb 28, 2016
H

1PTER 4:14.
If you be reproached for The Name of Christ, happy are you; for The Spirit of Glory and of God rests upon you:

AndyMaleh

Jun 26, 2020
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
1 Thessalonians 5:18, ESV

18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
Come on, "in" is not even a real word. It's just a function word for inclusion. Is is just a verb. You gotta try harder than that. The game should be neither too easy nor too hard to be educational and interesting.

J.

Jailer

As in the jailer who got baptized in Acts after the earthquake demolished the prison that Paul and Silas were in. That is one of my favorite New Testament stories post Jesus Christ's resurrection.

Acts 16:23-33 (WEB)

23 When they had laid many stripes on them, they threw them into prison, charging the jailer to keep them safely, 24 who, having received such a command, threw them into the inner prison, and secured their feet in the stocks.
25 But about midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them. 26 Suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened, and everyone’s bonds were loosened. 27 The jailer, being roused out of sleep and seeing the prison doors open, drew his sword and was about to kill himself, supposing that the prisoners had escaped. 28 But Paul cried with a loud voice, saying, “Don’t harm yourself, for we are all here!”
29 He called for lights, sprang in, fell down trembling before Paul and Silas, 30 brought them out, and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”
31 They said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.” 32 They spoke the word of the Lord to him, and to all who were in his house.
33 He took them the same hour of the night and washed their stripes, and was immediately baptized, he and all his household.

runnymede

Oct 17, 2020
Ontario Canada
Come on, "in" is not even a real word. It's just a function word for inclusion. Is is just a verb. You gotta try harder than that. The game should be neither too easy nor too hard to be educational and interesting.

Okay AM, I will certainly keep that in mind. :)

Feb 28, 2016
AM, come on bro, CHILL, are you OCD or What???
rm's post was 'right-on' -
and to BOOT, he answered U in total HUMILITY...
and so, let us ask each other, 'who is the TEACHER, and who is the STUDENT???

K

COL. 3:24.
Knowing that of The Lord you shall receive the reward of the inheritance:
for you serve The Lord Christ.

AndyMaleh

Jun 26, 2020
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
AM, come on bro, CHILL, are you OCD or What???
rm's post was 'right-on' -
and to BOOT, he answered U in total HUMILITY...
and so, let us ask each other, 'who is the TEACHER, and who is the STUDENT???

K

COL. 3:24.
Knowing that of The Lord you shall receive the reward of the inheritance:
for you serve The Lord Christ.
You’re telling me to chill with an angry/rude tone that is pretending you have any authority over my actions without being my boss? You gotta lead by example by being chill yourself first.

Besides, you didn’t pay attention and notice that Runnymede responded and appreciated my feedback. So, your response is out of step/pointless/useless.

If you can’t handle my honest opinion, just turn your face away from the monitor or click on another post. It’s that easy to deal with, but don’t go on being rude calling people names like OCD and ordering people to chill.