alter personalities MPD

  • Thread starter Thread starter microscoped
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

microscoped

Guest
I was asked about starting a thread about how to minister to those who have been hurt as bad as those who have MPD. I will give biblical references later and experiences but can only be vague in the interest of protecting those I minister to. So the mic is on go ahead.
 
I think we need to be kind and caring to anyone suffering from any form of mental illness. That being said, we do need to be wary, and not go into a situation like this thinking we can change them just by our love. (Or God's love!

MPD is characterized by different "personalities." Some of them are nice, some scared and some downright mean. I think prayer needs to be a big part of any intervention, before and after, and maybe during.

As for casting out demons, I think that is the wrong way to go about it. Those personalities develop from terrible abuse. Of course, Jesus can totally transform some in an instant, but sometimes he chooses to use people as his hands and feet. That means patience, and endurance to go the course with these people.
 
OK it is really hard for me to speak of things in a thread of this caliber without directly addressing alters in a person when I see them. I am like Christ a respecter of persons. If you do not mind me addressing alters in your posts please write yes at the beginning to confirm that it is OK. I do want to say that each alter is safe with me. You will come to see that. Also if you want you can create another screen name to chime in. But what would help is if you are to do that lease don't have more than one. It could be taken as different people rather than different alters.and feel free to be yourself. You do not have to hold back. If your mad let it out. If your needing Jesus' hugs let us know. Jesus loves you.
 
I think we need to be kind and caring to anyone suffering from any form of mental illness. That being said, we do need to be wary, and not go into a situation like this thinking we can change them just by our love. (Or God's love!

MPD is characterized by different "personalities." Some of them are nice, some scared and some downright mean. I think prayer needs to be a big part of any intervention, before and after, and maybe during.

As for casting out demons, I think that is the wrong way to go about it. Those personalities develop from terrible abuse. Of course, Jesus can totally transform some in an instant, but sometimes he chooses to use people as his hands and feet. That means patience, and endurance to go the course with these people.

After the healing it is a lot easier and feels empowering for the alters to cast out the demons with the minister. It shows they are in agreement with the change.
 
OK it is really hard for me to speak of things in a thread of this caliber without directly addressing alters in a person when I see them. I am like Christ a respecter of persons. If you do not mind me addressing alters in your posts please write yes at the beginning to confirm that it is OK. I do want to say that each alter is safe with me. You will come to see that. Also if you want you can create another screen name to chime in. But what would help is if you are to do that lease don't have more than one. It could be taken as different people rather than different alters.and feel free to be yourself. You do not have to hold back. If your mad let it out. If your needing Jesus' hugs let us know. Jesus loves you.

I'd enjoy it more, if you'd levitate an emoticon. Or pull a rabbit out of the hat, along with the three faces of Eve? Besides, I saw "The Exorcist" a long time ago, saw enough split pea soup fly, for this life. Now, if you can cast out trolls...

Anyway, I'll take a helping of Jesus' hugs, but go light on the alters. (A big bunch of flowers appearing from a puff of smoke is also cool, though, be warned, I know what you're up to, pulling a quarter out of somebody's ear canal... uh huh...)
 
footnote: did you mean you are "not a respecter of persons" as it is written in the SCRIPTURE,


or did you mean you are 'a respecter of persons' ((which is not like yahshua hamashiach))
 
OK it is really hard for me to speak of things in a thread of this caliber without directly addressing alters in a person when I see them. I am like Christ a respecter of persons. If you do not mind me addressing alters in your posts please write yes at the beginning to confirm that it is OK. I do want to say that each alter is safe with me. You will come to see that. Also if you want you can create another screen name to chime in. But what would help is if you are to do that lease don't have more than one. It could be taken as different people rather than different alters.and feel free to be yourself. You do not have to hold back. If your mad let it out. If your needing Jesus' hugs let us know. Jesus loves you.
Given the nature of what you want to teach, wouldn't it be better to do this in the family forum or misc., or something other than Bible discussion (or conspiracy theories/events/whatever that forum is?) Those of us who hang out in these forums are more incline to pick apart a theory, rather than listen to something about people. I'd rather not see that happen to your thread.

(Did that thought come across right? It sounds like I'm all over the place explaining it, so I'm not sure if you get what I meant.)
 
I'd enjoy it more, if you'd levitate an emoticon. Or pull a rabbit out of the hat, along with the three faces of Eve? Besides, I saw "The Exorcist" a long time ago, saw enough split pea soup fly, for this life. Now, if you can cast out trolls...

Anyway, I'll take a helping of Jesus' hugs, but go light on the alters. (A big bunch of flowers appearing from a puff of smoke is also cool, though, be warned, I know what you're up to, pulling a quarter out of somebody's ear canal... uh huh...)

Father God I come to you and pray for the alters in this child that you show them your live and held them in your arms. Show them now Lord the feeling they will feel when fully healed so they know what healing feels like and can strive for that. in Jesus name I pray amen.
 
footnote: did you mean you are "not a respecter of persons" as it is written in the SCRIPTURE,


or did you mean you are 'a respecter of persons' ((which is not like yahshua hamashiach))

Two contexts. One context is in the affirmative that Jesus respects our freewill and our boundaries. He will not force anything on you. The other context is no one is above the other He can and will use anyone no matter where they have been in life.
 
Father God I come to you and pray for the alters in this child that you show them your live and held them in your arms. Show them now Lord the feeling they will feel when fully healed so they know what healing feels like and can strive for that. in Jesus name I pray amen.

Now we've got that over with, are you going to do a rabbit, or what? I haven't got all day.
 
Given the nature of what you want to teach, wouldn't it be better to do this in the family forum or misc., or something other than Bible discussion (or conspiracy theories/events/whatever that forum is?) Those of us who hang out in these forums are more incline to pick apart a theory, rather than listen to something about people. I'd rather not see that happen to your thread.

(Did that thought come across right? It sounds like I'm all over the place explaining it, so I'm not sure if you get what I meant.)

Actually the intent was for the allowing of this to be picked apart. To get multiple views on multiple personalities.
 
Now we've got that over with, are you going to do a rabbit, or what? I haven't got all day.

I take it you are an alter yourself. And by the sounds of it I can be blunt with you. That I like. You are skeptical and for good reasons. If you want magic tricks I have none. I do however have freedom. If you are honest and up front that will help. Can you tell me about inside?
 
Can you tell me about inside?

Well, there are always walls and a ceiling, and most always windows, but there are offices where this isn't the case. If there are no open windows, bird calls can be quite muted, which, unfortunately, can't always be said of some children. There are things like paintings or electrical outlets you'd be hard pressed to find in an open field or the woods. This could go on ad nauseam. Could you focus on what aspect of inside you're interested in?
 
Given the nature of what you want to teach, wouldn't it be better to do this in the family forum or misc., or something other than Bible discussion (or conspiracy theories/events/whatever that forum is?) Those of us who hang out in these forums are more incline to pick apart a theory, rather than listen to something about people. I'd rather not see that happen to your thread.

(Did that thought come across right? It sounds like I'm all over the place explaining it, so I'm not sure if you get what I meant.)
Im the person who asked for this thread because I want to see this discussed from a biblical perspective ... how that would fit into family forum with all the threads on unlawful sexual intercourse I don't know...seems that is close to about all you see there?

I want to see this discussion based on the Bible so no worries...:)

I don't think opinions could help there

thanks
 
ps...making fun in either forum is not a good idea IMO...I often write with humor...but I am not making fun

I have no idea how this will go...
 
Im the person who asked for this thread because I want to see this discussed from a biblical perspective ... how that would fit into family forum with all the threads on unlawful sexual intercourse I don't know...seems that is close to about all you see there?

I want to see this discussion based on the Bible so no worries...:)

I don't think opinions could help there

thanks

Well, there are always walls and a ceiling, and most always windows, but there are offices where this isn't the case. If there are no open windows, bird calls can be quite muted, which, unfortunately, can't always be said of some children. There are things like paintings or electrical outlets you'd be hard pressed to find in an open field or the woods. This could go on ad nauseam. Could you focus on what aspect of inside you're interested in?

The inside that pertains to you. Whatever that is. How you feel. What you want changed the good things and the bad. How many parts there are and how you fit in.
 
The inside that pertains to you. Whatever that is. How you feel. What you want changed the good things and the bad. How many parts there are and how you fit in.

As in the sense of one of those doctor shows, during a PBS telethon?
 
Yes if that helps you to understand

Go on then. (Here's where you're supposed to say, "For only $100, you can have your very own copy of Doctor Quackenbush's, 'I'm Okay: But You'd Better Buy the Book,' for only $250 the book and DVD set...")
 
Rather than seeing demons behind everything that happens, why doesn't the OP try to see Jesus behind everything that happens?

"And we know that all things work together for the good of those who are callled according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

"He who began a good work in you will complete it at the day of Christ Jesus." Phil. 1:6