alter personalities MPD

  • Thread starter Thread starter microscoped
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Seeing as I am in the process of memorizing Romans 8, I do know and understand the context. I just studied the chapter in depth in Greek, for that matter. There is nothing that says God does not use ALL things for our good. It is one of the central themes of Romans 8, in fact! That we can trust God in the midst of suffering, pain, and all things! It also ties into the middle and the end of the chapter,

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us." Romans 8:18

"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. [SUP]38 [/SUP]For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, [SUP]39 [/SUP]nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:37-39

It also ties back to earlier chapters, such as Romans 5:3-5, where Paul explains that suffering gives us endurance, character and hope.

"Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, [SUP]4 [/SUP]and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, [SUP]5 [/SUP]and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us." Romans 5:3-5

I think if you started looking to Jesus, and the hope found in him, instead of searching for the demonic, you would be much further ahead.

Plus, the OP has utterly failed to give any defense for his groundless claims of casting out demons in people with DID, either Scripturally or experientially. And been thoroughly rebuked by a psychologist in the process! This whole thread is based on total ignorance of both the Bible and DID.

You are so right. Thank you for your post.
 
I'm willing to bet you have no actual psychological training AT ALL. Wanna know how I know? Because MPD isn't called MPD anymore. It hasn't been FOR YEARS. It's called Disassociative Identity Disorder now. Wanna know how I know that? Because I've studied it extensively. I've written papers on it. I've read books, articles, and I've even diagnosed someone with it.


What you're doing with people is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. Most people with DID don't have demons. I'm going to repeat myself. They do not have demons! And when you go about casting out alters it's damaging. What if you've decided to cast out a suicidal alter? It's not going to retreat, it's not going to integrate. That's not how it's done! You've now put the individual in a unhealthy and dangerous space. You've probably set them back years of health... and you know what's the worst? If they weren't aware of their alters, you've now brought them out. AND YOU CAN'T TREAT THEIR DID! What are they supposed to do now? When you bring alters forward, you bring memories and another personality. Do you have any idea what you've done to them?! Or do you not care?


How can you play this game with them? Did you hang a shingle or set up a tent? Are you selling snake oil too?
I have no training other than other ministers. I know of the change of DID but most people do not and I wanted to use a term that most would be familiar with. Wow you've diagnosed someone DID. If I came to this site to brag about my experience operating in the gifts of the Holy Spirit in this field I would divulge so much to you here that will put you and your entire graduating class and all of your professors as well to shame. An alter can not be cast out. It is impossible. They can be locked up or moved or given a better environment to surround themselves in but can not be cast out. I know all about integration. I have to be careful on what I do say about cases I do not want to trigger anyone or cause harm. Treating DID is not what Jesus wants done it is full integration. I will send you a private message and hope that we can continue this conversation. I do not think it would be beneficial in this environment. Please and thank you.
 
I actually do and try to show alters that even though they were hurt that Jesus was there behind them and they weren't alone.



May i ask what an alter is? If someone has multiple personalities from abuse, would you minister healing or would they need
deliverance. How do you minister to different personalities. What about unconditional love?
 
micro...I would like to see those scriptures you mentionned please

I do apologize like I said I was spending time with my kids. I have not made an argument for healing DID/MPD in a long time so let me get my feet wet with some information first. We all know Psalms 34:18 shows us the Lord is quick to heal those who are broken and contrite meaning crushed like powder. With a meaning like crushed like powder it shows how many pieces a person can be broken into with there spirit completely broken that the only fix is Jesus. Psalms 69:19 shows us that even dissapointment expressed to someone can break there heart. Psalms 147:3 shows us that God heals the broken hearted and binds up there wounds this is not a conventional healing. This is full healing. This is healing. Not treating. Healing in 1 Corinthians 12:9 we see the Lords plan for healing. With the gifts of the spirit the gifts of healing is plural. This means more than one way of healing and more than one part of the person. We are body soul and spirit the gifts of healing are for each part of out triune being. Please forgive me for rushing together a few verses but as I said I have not debated this in white some time. God bless.
 
Thank you for your post.
U
I am not a professional. We raised a developmentally disabled son, and have lived with the effects of inadequate mental health treatment. One quack, as the OP is, (I apologize for my language here) resulted in years lost in the recovery process. Mental health disorders are treatable. Anyone reading this thread, PLEASE seek professional help immediately. Every day you delay is a travesty to yourself.

Microscoped. Please end this thread before you caused personal injury.

Thank you.

This thread is made to discuss biblical options to minister to people who are suffering.
 
Now I have to say I like your contribution. The problem I have with people jumping on the demon band wagon, is they are relying on their "spiritual" understanding which is probably as insane as the patient.

What is a split personality disorder? Once someone has created these multiple expressions of identity can they ever be brought back together?

Yes they can be brought back together and if with Christ the healing can be so much faster
 
Seeing as I am in the process of memorizing Romans 8, I do know and understand the context. I just studied the chapter in depth in Greek, for that matter. There is nothing that says God does not use ALL things for our good. It is one of the central themes of Romans 8, in fact! That we can trust God in the midst of suffering, pain, and all things! It also ties into the middle and the end of the chapter,

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us." Romans 8:18

"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. [SUP]38 [/SUP]For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, [SUP]39 [/SUP]nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:37-39

It also ties back to earlier chapters, such as Romans 5:3-5, where Paul explains that suffering gives us endurance, character and hope.

"Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, [SUP]4 [/SUP]and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, [SUP]5 [/SUP]and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us." Romans 5:3-5

I think if you started looking to Jesus, and the hope found in him, instead of searching for the demonic, you would be much further ahead.

Plus, the OP has utterly failed to give any defense for his groundless claims of casting out demons in people with DID, either Scripturally or experientially. And been thoroughly rebuked by a psychologist in the process! This whole thread is based on total ignorance of both the Bible and DID.
I am trying to word things and leave things out that may trigger others. This subject is not easy to talk about in depth with some. Please keep that in mind. Many can accept MPD/DID many can accept the existence of demons. What is inconceivable that someone can have both or that both can be dealt with in s single person.
 
OK it is really hard for me to speak of things in a thread of this caliber without directly addressing alters in a person when I see them. I am like Christ a respecter of persons. If you do not mind me addressing alters in your posts please write yes at the beginning to confirm that it is OK. I do want to say that each alter is safe with me. You will come to see that. Also if you want you can create another screen name to chime in. But what would help is if you are to do that lease don't have more than one. It could be taken as different people rather than different alters.and feel free to be yourself. You do not have to hold back. If your mad let it out. If your needing Jesus' hugs let us know. Jesus loves you.
Wait. You're plan is to minister to multiples here?
1. What is the likelihood of finding one? What is the likelihood even if there is one, he/she knows it, would admit it on such an open site, or would just accept you know what you're doing?

2. Do you know what you're doing? I doubt it or you'd know why this simply isn't done online for a reason.

3. Is this a circus act? This is just so wrong on so many levels.
 
Father God I come to you and pray for the alters in this child that you show them your live and held them in your arms. Show them now Lord the feeling they will feel when fully healed so they know what healing feels like and can strive for that. in Jesus name I pray amen.
Which proves you really don't know what you're doing. You immediately think JIA is an "alter?" So much for your discernment abilities. If you can't tell if someone is MPS, how are you going to help one?
 
Two contexts. One context is in the affirmative that Jesus respects our freewill and our boundaries. He will not force anything on you. The other context is no one is above the other He can and will use anyone no matter where they have been in life.
Good luck proving Jesus respects, even relates to freewill, and is big on boundaries

This isn't from God. This is from ego.
 
May i ask what an alter is? If someone has multiple personalities from abuse, would you minister healing or would they need
deliverance. How do you minister to different personalities. What about unconditional love?
An alter is an alternative personality also known as part or fragment or the word used by psychologists which I actually despise is a switch. I hate this term because they are calling them an action that happens when switching from one part to the next. I would start with healing first and foremost. Above all things the parts need to feel comfortable with the minister and not feel assaulted by them. Sometimes a deliverance can be pretty nasty and since all cases I have seen of DID there are always small children parts you do not want yo get aggressive and a small part come up and feel afraid. This type of ministry is a soft ministry one with compassion for those who have been hurt and by a person who can treat a three year old party like he's three and the right year old like he's eight and the rebellious teen like a teen. One who is sympathetic to there needs rather than empathetic helps out a bunch too. Unconditional love only gos so far unless it is from Christ. All of us mess up and sometimes we offend but we don't mean it. All ministers who work in this field should have a passion for the parts. I hope I have come close to the answers you were seeking.
 
Wait. You're plan is to minister to multiples here?
1. What is the likelihood of finding one? What is the likelihood even if there is one, he/she knows it, would admit it on such an open site, or would just accept you know what you're doing?

2. Do you know what you're doing? I doubt it or you'd know why this simply isn't done online for a reason.

3. Is this a circus act? This is just so wrong on so many levels.
I do not plan on ministering like this. However I am open for it. You do not realize it but more than one who have responded are indeed multiple. I will not divulge who under any circumstances but more than one.
 
Wait. You're plan is to minister to multiples here?
1. What is the likelihood of finding one? What is the likelihood even if there is one, he/she knows it, would admit it on such an open site, or would just accept you know what you're doing?

2. Do you know what you're doing? I doubt it or you'd know why this simply isn't done online for a reason.

3. Is this a circus act? This is just so wrong on so many levels.
I have actually done most of my ministry online and over the phone. Mainly online to break the ice and over the phone to get down to the healing process like I have said I minister to mainly women who have been raped. Locked in a room with a man sometimes is not good. It Is safer they feel over the internet or phone and I honor this. Us the cases I get are all over the US. I travel when I can bug have many when I was ministering yo minister to.
 
I do not plan on ministering like this. However I am open for it. You do not realize it but more than one who have responded are indeed multiple. I will not divulge who under any circumstances but more than one.
Don't tell who. Tell how. How do you know? Given you thought someone who was wise cracking early was an "alter," I am highly suspicious. Given you think God has gifted you with such great understanding and yet created new stuff that's not in the Bible and then claim it is (Jesus being respectful, believing in freewill, and honoring boundary), I could trust a nonbeliever more at this point.
 
I have actually done most of my ministry online and over the phone. Mainly online to break the ice and over the phone to get down to the healing process like I have said I minister to mainly women who have been raped. Locked in a room with a man sometimes is not good. It Is safer they feel over the internet or phone and I honor this. Us the cases I get are all over the US. I travel when I can bug have many when I was ministering yo minister to.
And ministering to rape targets makes you able to minster to DID folks? Whoa!
 
Don't tell who. Tell how. How do you know? Given you thought someone who was wise cracking early was an "alter," I am highly suspicious. Given you think God has gifted you with such great understanding and yet created new stuff that's not in the Bible and then claim it is (Jesus being respectful, believing in freewill, and honoring boundary), I could trust a nonbeliever more at this point.

I will not say how. Saying how will give a person up. You do not realize how fragile this conversation needs to be the psychologist who has chimed in can tell you that that is not wise. I will not argue over words and context and how I take them and you. This is not the thread for this. This thread actually is very serious.
 
Don't tell who. Tell how. How do you know? Given you thought someone who was wise cracking early was an "alter," I am highly suspicious. Given you think God has gifted you with such great understanding and yet created new stuff that's not in the Bible and then claim it is (Jesus being respectful, believing in freewill, and honoring boundary), I could trust a nonbeliever more at this point.

I will not say how. Saying how will give a person up. You do not realize how fragile this conversation needs to be the psychologist who has chimed in can tell you that that is not wise. I will not argue over words and context and how I take them and you. This is not the thread for this. This thread actually is very serious.
 
I will not say how. Saying how will give a person up. You do not realize how fragile this conversation needs to be the psychologist who has chimed in can tell you that that is not wise. I will not argue over words and context and how I take them and you. This is not the thread for this. This thread actually is very serious.

This thread is about biblical ways to minister to those who are broken. Please keep it to that only. Now it is almost 11:30 so I am going to bed.
 
I will not say how. Saying how will give a person up. You do not realize how fragile this conversation needs to be the psychologist who has chimed in can tell you that that is not wise. I will not argue over words and context and how I take them and you. This is not the thread for this. This thread actually is very serious.
The psychologist would have no problems telling how. They don't hide what they're doing. They count on others to learn how to do it better.