Am I intolerant and a racist?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
I am a white, straight male and Christian living in America. I think all people t no matter what collar you are if you die, without Messiah in your sins you go go to hell. I believe, according to the Authoritative Word of God, LGBT is sin, I believe God created us as our birth gender and it is not based on feelings, and I believe Jesus is the ONE TRUE LIVING GOD and unless you SERVE (are Christian) and Him ALONE YOU WILL GO TO HELL.

I love you and will do all I can to witness to you and try to get you saved. But I WILL NOT CHANGE MY MIND ON MY BELIEFS!

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
I am a white, straight male and Christian living in America. I think all people t no matter what collar you are if you die, without Messiah in your sins you go go to hell. I believe, according to the Authoritative Word of God, LGBT is sin, I believe God created us as our birth gender and it is not based on feelings, and I believe Jesus is the ONE TRUE LIVING GOD and unless you SERVE (are Christian) and Him ALONE YOU WILL GO TO HELL.

I love you and will do all I can to witness to you and try to get you saved. But I WILL NOT CHANGE MY MIND ON MY BELIEFS!

We all are intolerant. Even those who say they are not. If they speak against you then by their own actions they suicide that belief. A Christian will be intolerant to sin and ways of the world.

Racist as defined, nothing you said was against a race or skin color.

These are just two anti free speech tactics that the liberal left likes to use in order to forcefully shut down discussion and to not be forced to debate intellectually with facts and evidence.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
A racist is one that dislike another for their race. So I'm going to say no to the racist part.
I don't believe in any of the LGT whatever stuff either. Neither do I feel the need to express it to every one of them I come across.
I have worked with numerous homesexuals and never felt a strong need to Express my dislike for the lifestyle.
If your goal is to announce to them your dislike, to treat them less than, etc... then you may have a problem.
But then I'd ask if you would be the same towards any other sinner.
At the end of the day, it's not our place to announce to every sinner our disatisfaction for their lifestyles. It's to love the sinner. Sometimes it comes down to you needing to express your beliefs.
Bear in mind you were once that sinner yourself. And I'm guessing people being vocal about their disapproval was not one of the things that had any positive effect on you. So don't think it will on anyone else.

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
We all are intolerant. Even those who say they are not. If they speak against you then by their own actions they suicide that belief. A Christian will be intolerant to sin and ways of the world.

Racist as defined, nothing you said was against a race or skin color.

These are just two anti free speech tactics that the liberal left likes to use in order to forcefully shut down discussion and to not be forced to debate intellectually with facts and evidence.
Ok, you got me...lol... I am intolerant, because I believe the Authority of the Word of God; but not intolerant the way the Let use the word. I do now this because I have several "friends" that are gay. My boss is gay. They all know I am a Bible thumping Christian yet we will go to lunch together , talk and even talk about the "hard" issues. I have only had one person quit being my "friend" because I will not support gay marriage. Even my boss gives me good scores.... (on my job because I do a good job (maybe because everything is recorded and I could back myself up in a law suite...lol...)_) The point is the Left love to spew out silly words; in the real world there is a "like but don't like" if that makes since. I get along with my gay co-workers because I actually like them as people and we actually have life incommon, I have a backbone, and so do they when it comes to issues; I do not back down nor do they but we like each other as people. I am not intolerant my one friend was intolerant of me. The rest of us just disagree....

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Ok, you got me...lol... I am intolerant, because I believe the Authority of the Word of God; but not intolerant the way the Let use the word. I do now this because I have several "friends" that are gay. My boss is gay. They all know I am a Bible thumping Christian yet we will go to lunch together , talk and even talk about the "hard" issues. I have only had one person quit being my "friend" because I will not support gay marriage. Even my boss gives me good scores.... (on my job because I do a good job (maybe because everything is recorded and I could back myself up in a law suite...lol...)_) The point is the Left love to spew out silly words; in the real world there is a "like but don't like" if that makes since. I get along with my gay co-workers because I actually like them as people and we actually have life incommon, I have a backbone, and so do they when it comes to issues; I do not back down nor do they but we like each other as people. I am not intolerant my one friend was intolerant of me. The rest of us just disagree....
Christianity is not a faith that promotes tolerance.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Next time if you ever asked what or why do you believe the way you do. Just go ahead and ask them a question back. Say let me ask you a question first. Are you going to be tolerant or intolerant of my beliefs?

If they say yes of course, then go on ahead and it will be hard for them to say your intolerant or a bigot if they themselves are trying to be.

If homophobia comes up just simply say by definition I do not fear you or the homosexual.

If they try to say what makes your beliefs absolute.

Say because they are evidently true.

LGBT statistics on health and sociological issues are evident enough to know how bad it is.

If they believe in evolution then you may can ask how does homosexuality fit into the survival of the species?

If they say well some animals have been seen acting homosexual.

You can say is that the norm to be considered natural? Are those animals permanently homosexual?

You can ask is homosexuality anatomically correct in the field of biology? How the human body was designed and the purpose of each individuals reproductive systems.

Just some counter responses in case the radical homosexual wants to shut your speech down.

If they revert to threats or name calling then they no longer have a counter argument and it is just time to walk away.

But this is only if you are pushed into this situation otherwise just try to build a friendship and in trust let yalls discussions slowly work on them. You never know how the Spirit will move in both situations.

Sometimes just standing your ground with good arguments can show the weak foundation of such beliefs and it could grow within the individual long after your discussion.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016

Racism is to do with race.. LGBT are not races they are examples of sexual deviancy, or psychological conditions.. So you can only be a racist if you hate people because they are of a different race or think that people of a different race are inferior to you simply because of their race.. Of course as a Christian we should not hate anyone.. But we should hate transgressions against the will of God..

Tolerance is putting up with something that you disagree with or someone who annoys you.. People don't need to tolerate people they like or with beliefs or teachings they like..

Tolerance has never been acceptance, although some people seem to have the wrong idea of what the word tolerance means.. They seem to be under the mistaken belief that tolerance means acceptance..

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
Racism is to do with race.. LGBT are not races they are examples of sexual deviancy, or psychological conditions.. So you can only be a racist if you hate people because they are of a different race or think that people of a different race are inferior to you simply because of their race.. Of course as a Christian we should not hate anyone.. But we should hate transgressions against the will of God..

Tolerance is putting up with something that you disagree with or someone who annoys you.. People don't need to tolerate people they like or with beliefs or teachings they like..

Tolerance has never been acceptance, although some people seem to have the wrong idea of what the word tolerance means.. They seem to be under the mistaken belief that tolerance means acceptance..
This is such a great post I am going to steel it , oh I mean quote it....lol.... when I talk to people... Thank you so much!

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Christianity is not a faith that promotes tolerance.
This depends on your definition of tolerance.

Christianity does embrace tolerance if we use an older definition of the word.
Currently the word "tolerance" is defined as "agreeing to whatever the leftists believe is politically correct this week."

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
This depends on your definition of tolerance.

Christianity does embrace tolerance if we use an older definition of the word.
Currently the word "tolerance" is defined as "agreeing to whatever the leftists believe is politically correct this week."

No, Christianity does not embrace tolerance. If Christianity ever embraced tolerance there would be no moral prohibition against sins that are intolerable to God.

Webster's 1806Tolerance, n. the act or power of enduringTolerate, v. to allow, permit, endure, suffer, bear

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
This is such a great post I am going to steel it , oh I mean quote it....lol.... when I talk to people... Thank you so much!
Be my guest :)

In my opinion if i say anything of worth it is because the LORD has put it into my head to give it.. So anything good that comes from me actually comes from the LORD.. (y)

Hillfarm

Sep 11, 2019

Yes according to the media and Democrats you are a racist and a deplorable. Welcome to the club.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
[QUOTE="Whispered, post: 4033738, member: 288111"]No, Christianity does not embrace tolerance. If Christianity ever embraced tolerance there would be no moral prohibition against sins that are intolerable to God.
Webster's 1806Tolerance, n. the act or power of enduringTolerate, v. to allow, permit, endure, suffer, bear[/QUOTE]

Dictionaries, Tolerance, & Communication Confusion:

Embracing or not embracing tolerance:
You could say Christianity embraces a great number of things, depending entirely on how you define the "things", and even on how you define "embrace".

Christians often can't even communicate with each other, let alone the lost world, because they don't take the time to think about language, and what they're genuinely hearing and saying.

We need to be much more careful.

That's why, in debates with atheists, I completely avoid words like "tolerance" that carry too much baggage into the conversation.
I won't even use that word in a debate; it's far too contentious and confusing.

Living Language:
Living languages are always in a continual flux.
Dictionaries have no magical ability to control how millions of individuals simply choose to use a word in any given week, or month, or year, or election cycle.
Common usage of a word may often have little to do with a dictionary definition.
Dictionaries don't exert any control over words; dictionaries merely observe how the words are commonly used, and they often take a long time to catch up, and sometimes they never catch up at all.

If you cannot recognize that language changes, and words can be used in completely disparate ways, sometimes arbitrarily, then you cannot witness to the lost. They will simply use words differently than you, and nothing you say will make sense to them. You will, essentially, just fail to communicate your message.

Some words are more confusing than others, and sometimes that is intentional.
Words are very commonly just "appropriated" by some movement, and redefined, in order to manipulate or even stifle certain kinds of dialogue.
This happens all the time.
Very recently this has happened to words like "racism" and "tolerance."

Tolerance:
The word tolerance is especially tricky.
It's a bit subjective by nature.
The word "tolerate" can be used to mean a lot of different things.
Why?
The concept of "permit" or "allow" carries with it some confusing presuppositions: WHAT to permit, WHY to permit, HOW FAR to permit, WHAT CATEGORIES to permit, what particular NUANCE or ASPECT of a thing to permit etc. etc. etc.
The word "tolerate" carries with it a vast range of MORAL PRESUPPOSITIONS, which EACH SPEAKER may CHOOSE TO APPLY DIFFERENTLY.

Let's reiterate that just for emphasis:
The word "tolerate" carries with it a vast range of MORAL PRESUPPOSITIONS, which EACH SPEAKER may CHOOSE TO APPLY DIFFERENTLY.

Because of this, I don't allow that word into a debate.
As soon as someone uses that word, I simply rephrase the other person's proposition, and replace the word "tolerate" with something more precise.
Then we're all talking about the same thing.

I simply kick that word out of debates.

Conclusion:
1. The word "tolerance" is inherently confusing by definition, and it's made even more confusing by design, when social movements intentionally redefine it to manipulate dialogue.

2. I think it's best to just avoid words that are so contentious, confusing, and misappropriated.

3. And regardless of how we feel about it, if we are using a contentious word differently than someone else, we have, at that point, ceased from all meaningful communication... so I try not to use contentious and confusing words.

Sep 29, 2019

Being "white" doesnt make you racist. "Black" and "white" labels are rediculous to me anyway.

Intolerance doesn't come from holding your beliefs necessarily. In my opinion intolerance comes from holding any beliefs whilst thinking the best of oneself and the worst of others. It's not just that someone disagrees with someone else. It's making them "bad" or "evil" for holding them. The Phelps family at the Westboro baptist church is the best, worst example of this. Very intolerant and willing to sacrifice love of fellow humans to maintain their sense of rightness.

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
Being "white" doesnt make you racist. "Black" and "white" labels are rediculous to me anyway.

Intolerance doesn't come from holding your beliefs necessarily. In my opinion intolerance comes from holding any beliefs whilst thinking the best of oneself and the worst of others. It's not just that someone disagrees with someone else. It's making them "bad" or "evil" for holding them. The Phelps family at the Westboro baptist church is the best, worst example of this. Very intolerant and willing to sacrifice love of fellow humans to maintain their sense of rightness.
I do not know who these people are but your comintairy before the Phelps family is brilliant....

Nov 25, 2019
Who cares if you are intolerant or racist. Why? Because both of those words are made up terms to shut people up from having the "wrong opinions". It's good to be intolerant of bad things like homosexuality. That doesn't mean you hate homosexuals. Tolerance is a false virtue that only serves to break down people's relationship with God. I am against race mixing because it destroys God's creation, not because I hate other races, no in fact race mixing and it's cousin "diversity" seek to destroy the true and wonderful diversity of the human species by blending everyone together, destroying every unique race and culture.

Be wary of anyone who tries to label you any of these terms. They are evil or at the very least extremely brainwashed and ignorant.

Sep 29, 2019
Who cares if you are intolerant or racist. Why? Because both of those words are made up terms to shut people up from having the "wrong opinions". It's good to be intolerant of bad things like homosexuality. That doesn't mean you hate homosexuals. Tolerance is a false virtue that only serves to break down people's relationship with God. I am against race mixing because it destroys God's creation, not because I hate other races, no in fact race mixing and it's cousin "diversity" seek to destroy the true and wonderful diversity of the human species by blending everyone together, destroying every unique race and culture.

Be wary of anyone who tries to label you any of these terms. They are evil or at the very least extremely brainwashed and ignorant.
Tolerance is the realisation that we live in a world where people have different opinions, beliefs and political persuasions. You may not like what they think but we are all free UNDER THE LAW to live how we please, even if you don't like it. Tolerance is a two way thing.....it enables you to live how you want too, realising that some people won't like how you live. So if you want to live in peace then tolerance is the only way to go.

It doesn't matter what colour someones skin is. It only matters if they are of good character. So I,m not sure what you mean by "race mixing"? The human race is all that matters.