Am I wrong!?!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
If you died tonight where would you go Heaven or Hell?

I'm wondering if the people that works keep you saved think they will go to Heaven and which works are keeping you saved?

If you cannot obey Him are you saved in the first place?

This is not in a mean spirit... I strongly believe once saved always saved.... These are my strong objections to losing "your" salvation... Am I wrong!?!

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
Hasn't this been worked to death already?
Not to me... My question is real.... If boring to you.... do not reply... You could have dismissed it.... You just want to be a …. what ever.... So do you have a real answer or just be a grumpy pants!?!

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Not to me... My question is real.... If boring to you.... do not reply... You could have dismissed it.... You just want to be a …. what ever.... So do you have a real answer or just be a grumpy pants!?!
Here's the real answer:

Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:4,5)

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
Thank you, not so hard is it to be decent…. lol....

That is a GREAT SCRIPTURE IN THE ARSIONAL!!!!

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
Here's the real answer:
Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:4,5)
Thank you, not so hard is it to be decent…. lol....

That is a GREAT SCRIPTURE IN THE ARSIONAL!!!!

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011

I'm wondering if the people that works keep you saved think they will go to Heaven and which works are keeping you saved?

This is not in a mean spirit... I strongly believe once saved always saved.... These are my strong objections to losing "your" salvation... Am I wrong!?!
You have posted what you strongly believe yet the Bible tells us if we say we have faith and there are no works to demonstrate it, we have no faith at all……. Without faith we cannot please God, so I would say you have quite a dilema to overcome. God bless you. Remember works of God ae not just being some kind of Apostle-lke being, they begin with simply waiting for Jesus..prayer is works and so much more.

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
You have posted what you strongly believe yet the Bible tells us if we say we have faith and there are no works to demonstrate it, we have no faith at all……. Without faith we cannot please God, so I would say you have quite a dilema to overcome. God bless you. Remember works of God ae not just being some kind of Apostle-lke being, they begin with simply waiting for Jesus..prayer is works and so much more.
I agree with you100%. So let me ask,works can be something other people do not see?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Not being a smart aleck but come the great and glorious day of our Lord, the works will be judged.

It is spiritually moot to try to do it in this age for judgment has not yet been handed over to the aints.

Sometimes a person my seem to be perfectly awful on the surface whil being and iving aperfectly saintly lifee. It is a very delicate matter at times, much of the time. kGod bless you and keep up the good posting, I beliee it is also works...

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013

Your right and wrong :)... We are saved by grace through our faith in Christ.. But its possible for a person to be a hypocrite and deliberately sin, so we can fall from his grace (Hebrews 10:26).. In other words, OSAS does not green light sin, you can't go out and start robbing banks and killing people because your under the assumption your saved no matter what. That to me is mocking God.. jmo

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
Not being a smart aleck but come the ' great and glorious day of our Lord, the works will be judged.

It is spiritually moot to try to do it in this age for judgment has not yet been handed over to the aints.

Sometimes a person my seem to be perfectly awful on the surface whil being and iving aperfectly saintly lifee. It is a very delicate matter at times, much of the time. kGod bless you and keep up the good posting, I beliee it is also works...
My mom is "on" hospice... I chose to call 911 and try to save her life instead of calling hospice, so they can "make her comfortable" while she dies. She has no medical reason to die except not eating. She has not eaten solid food since July and has rejected "boost" and baby food for over 3 weeks. I am her POA. My mom has M. S. but I refuse to let her die because of starvation. In spite of what other people commit this subject matters.

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
Your right and wrong :)... We are saved by grace through our faith in Christ.. But its possible for a person to be a hypocrite and deliberately sin, so we can fall from his grace (Hebrews 10:26).. In other words, OSAS does not green light sin, you can't go out and start robbing banks and killing people because your under the assumption your saved no matter what. That to me is mocking God.. jmo
But are they saved in the first place?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
My mom is "on" hospice... I chose to call 911 and try to save her life instead of calling hospice, so they can "make her comfortable" while she dies. She has no medical reason to die except not eating. She has not eaten solid food since July and has rejected "boost" and baby food for over 3 weeks. I am her POA. My mom has M. S. but I refuse to let her die because of starvation. In spite of what other people commit this subject matters.
You have a great responsibility. I will not pretend to have anything worthwhile to say other than I will pray for her, and for you. All blessings and strength in our Lord Jesus, amen. Thak you for sharing.

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
You have a great responsibility. I will not pretend to have anything worthwhile to say other than I will pray for her, and for you. All blessings and strength in our Lord Jesus, amen. Thank you for sharing.
Thank you soooo much. But I want to hear from and understand people that believe people can loose their salvation... that is who this post is directed to... How do they know they will go to heaven when they die!?! Could they be right.... If they die today how do they know where they will go Heaven or HELL!?!

I find it "odd" no one who believes they can lose their salvation has not responded to such a simple question!!!!

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Php 3:10 That I may know him and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of his sufferings: being made conformable to his death,
Php 3:11 If by any means I may attain to the resurrection which is from the dead.
Php 3:12 Not as though I had already attained, or were already perfect: but I follow after, if I may by any means apprehend, wherein I am also apprehended by Christ Jesus.

Here the Apostle is concerned with attaining the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Elsewhere the Word alludes to fighting to assure our salvation...that is the good fight I would imagine..

Elsewhere it is written anyone who has once tasked dthe salvation of Jesus Christ and truns back to a life of sin will not b forgiven…..

It is probable many do not wish to address your post suibject because it is not keeping one's mind on things beautiful and good...I do not know, but it was worthy to be written about inthe Word so it is worthy to be repeate, albeit paraphrased….. God bless you always…………..j

marinerscatch

Nov 23, 2018

God told us to work out our salvation with fear and trembling. I realize many rather skip past what God directly instructed us to do in order to follow what Paul taught. But, I still believe God did not give us this command for it to be disregarded. As for your question where I believe I would end up at, definitely in Paradise.

The real beauty about the New Testament is we don't see the Disciples and the Council led by James actually following much of anything Paul taught. In fact, Paul was trying to convert Gentiles while Peter was denying them until God gave him a vision. Clearly the Disciples always followed what God personally taught them. So it leads to a great probability that Paul was not always in line with how Christ personally taught the Disciples. And that alone is enough to question the message of Paul concerning Grace, when that is not what Christ taught, nor the Disciples followed.

I think too many people have placed Paul on an equal platform with Christ. In my observation and understanding, this is a very grave mistake.

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
God told us to work out our salvation with fear and trembling. I realize many rather skip past what God directly instructed us to do in order to follow what Paul taught. But, I still believe God did not give us this command for it to be disregarded. As for your question where I believe I would end up at, definitely in Paradise.

The real beauty about the New Testament is we don't see the Disciples and the Council led by James actually following much of anything Paul taught. In fact, Paul was trying to convert Gentiles while Peter was denying them until God gave him a vision. Clearly the Disciples always followed what God personally taught them. So it leads to a great probability that Paul was not always in line with how Christ personally taught the Disciples. And that alone is enough to question the message of Paul concerning Grace, when that is not what Christ taught, nor the Disciples followed.

I think too many people have placed Paul on an equal platform with Christ. In my observation and understanding, this is a very grave mistake.
Thats the real beauty? I mean, yeah sure. Lets praise the hypocrisy of Peter when he was acting hypocritically towards the knowledge of the truth (God's grace, the liberty found therein), and put up a facade for his fellow brethren.

Galatians 2:11-14 King James Version (KJV)
11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.
13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.
14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

The apostle Paul and Peter knew the Gospel, Peter himself acknowledging the things Paul taught (though they be hard to understand). Yet, what we have here is Peter, no offense to him, "fearing them which were of the circumcision." So he knew He could eat with the Gentiles, yet he acted contrary to the truth of the Gospel.

Your dismissal of the message of grace Paul taught is a dismissal of what God has revealed through Paul. For what of scripture, is it from man or inspired by the Holy Spirit? Then why do you question the validity of God's word, of which 13 (possibly 14) books are written by the apostle Paul?

Once you start tossing out books from the Bible you've lost your objective truth. God's grace revealed through the apostle Paul and accepted even by Peter (though at times denied in fear) is a major aspect of the new covenant. To dismiss it leaves you ill-equipped to defend the Gospel.