American Chocolate!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Yeah, I'm afraid so. But I swear there ARE better chocolates made in the USA. H*rsh*y (that's a bad word y'know) just gets all the press.

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
American chocolate!

I work colleague who visited New York, brought some american chocolate back with her.
So on Friday I got to try US milk chocolate.

On my, how can I put it - well it tasted like cheesy vomit. 😳
It might actually be a good thing as I’m sure I would lose weight if I lived in america. Lol

Anyway i was looking up the difference between UK and American chocolate and
came across the link below. Apparently US chocolate is suppose to be more good
for you, which probably explains it.

After all everything good for you tastes bad doesn’t it. Ha ha
The dark chocolate was nice though, less bitter than over in the UK.

I just wondered if people knew chocolate tasted different, across the world.

https://www.chemistryworld.com/podcasts/butyric-acid/1017662.article
Ha ha! Miri, I'm sure most American women are chocolate addicts. I have had chocolate from all over the world. I have to say, I love dark chocolate that is at least 60 percent caocao...however, Belgium chocolate is my favorite. I'm curious as to what kind of chocolate your friend bought...may have been cheap yucky stuff claiming to be chocolate!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Belgian is reputably the best
in NZ we have Whittakers. Famous for Peanut Slab. Cadbury dairy milk used to be good before they started using palm oil and cutting corners.

American chocolate, I would not even call that chocolate.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I'm somewhat partial to dark swiss chocolate. It's a contemplative, almost brooding chocolate.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Hey! All chocolate is good. What is wrong with a little cheesy baby vomit? Tried unroasted cacao once, didn't care much for it. Maybe if it was fixed differently. Dark chocolate is sooooo good!

Blob-allo-surprise.gif

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Everything is made to be good for you in the states now meat is so pumped full of preservatives it loses its flavor you sacrifice flavor for health and preservation. Quite frankly I'd rather live a slightly shorter life and have good food...
I firmly believe in quality of life over just mere quantity of life.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I am seriously considering making a cup of cocoa. No mini-marshmallows floating on top though. That's just wrong.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
American chocolate!

I work colleague who visited New York, brought some american chocolate back with her.
So on Friday I got to try US milk chocolate.

On my, how can I put it - well it tasted like cheesy vomit. 😳
It might actually be a good thing as I’m sure I would lose weight if I lived in america. Lol

Anyway i was looking up the difference between UK and American chocolate and
came across the link below. Apparently US chocolate is suppose to be more good
for you, which probably explains it.

After all everything good for you tastes bad doesn’t it. Ha ha
The dark chocolate was nice though, less bitter than over in the UK.

I just wondered if people knew chocolate tasted different, across the world.

https://www.chemistryworld.com/podcasts/butyric-acid/1017662.article
I remember a local ice cream shop got some American hershey chockolate bars and i was curious so i bought one..

Took one bite and :sick: .... I never took another bite..

I went back to the shop a month or so later and they no longer had it in stock..

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
American chocolate, I would not even call that chocolate.
Okay I'm gonna have to say this... I cringe whenever I hear people refer to "American chocolate." Why do people consider H*rsh*y to be the go-to representative of what American chocolate is? H*rsh*y is pure crap in a cellophane wrapper.

I know they make a whole lot of it real fast and flood the market with the stuff, but really... there is better American chocolate than that junk.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I don't care where they be from, these two are wonderlicious......and I've had some of the best Europe has to offer....

NOW................anything else is just

viola.png