Americans feeling buyers remorse

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Atwood

May 1, 2014
I Think You Left Something Hilarious Out of your report

"Washington (CNN) - If a rematch of the 2012 presidential election were held today, GOP nominee Mitt Romney would top President Barack Obama in the popular vote, according to a new national survey.
But a CNN/ORC International poll also indicates that if Romney changes his mind and runs again for the White House, Hillary Clinton would best him by double digits in a hypothetical showdown."

A

AgeofKnowledge

I'm poor and honest which means I'm a waste of their time. They have bigger fish to fry than some poor honest guy on CC... lol.

Sees an IRS audit soon in AgeofKnowledge's future

A

AgeofKnowledge

I have to agree with you. 330 million Americans and the best we can come up with is a dumb Texan drunk that played golf and fought an unnecessary war while the nation's economy fell into ruin, an anti-American commie pothead homosexual propagandist freak, and a deceived Mormon.

It would be unbelievable if it weren't true.

I voted for the Romney, not that I wanted him -- he was the worst of the Republicrats available.
I can't believe there is actually a wish for Romney now.

Atwood

May 1, 2014
I have to agree with you. 330 million Americans and the best we can come up with is a dumb Texan drunk that played golf and fought an unnecessary war while the nation's economy fell into ruin, an anti-American commie pothead homosexual propagandist freak, and a deceived Mormon.

It would be unbelievable if it weren't true.
Dan 4 makes it very believable, and what we should expect. Do you know what kind of men are put on the throne according to Daniel 4?

I never thought of Bush II as a drunk who played golf. That strikes me as a false judgment. Bush II appears to me to have been the president most opposed to baby-murder of all we had since Jimmy Cahtah, which is not saying much (except by way of comparison). The only President in recent times who knew how to conduct a war was Bush I, a WWII veteran. You whup 'em & leave; you don't stand around after to receive potshots from enemies in hiding.

IMHO:

Bush II was infected with the American Messiah complex, dreaming that the USA is the messiah to implement the gospel of "democracy" in the world.

Consider the Assyrian method: You go in, you whup 'em; you set a stooge on the throne; you impose tribute & leave. You tell the locals, we are going, be good & pay your tribute or we will be back to sort you out again. The Assyrians didn't leave soldiers behind to try to govern. There is no money to be made that way.

Bush II was much affected by 911 early in his reign. He found himself in Air Force 1, not able even to go home to the White House. He justly went into Afghanistan with the support of the world to unseat the Taliban from tallying their bananas. They did this quickly. At that point, it was time quickly to set up government on the throne & leave. They might have left a base in the most secure place possible on the border. The USA was a fool to stay there & horse around, try to teach them democracy, etc.

Bush II decided to go and get rid of Saddam Hussein. But after winning the war, he decided to stay & horse around there also. After catching Saddam, he should have been quickly hanged. Then Bush should have quickly set up a government & withdrawn our troops to the gulf coast: You guys sort it out; if you can't, we will return & sort you out as needed.

Then the folly continued under Obama. Gaddafi in Libya had turned toady after Bush's dramatic (but temporary) conquests. Obama was nuts to intervene in Libya. Then Syria, we now see that things were better off with their old dictator.

A

AgeofKnowledge

America's always spending trillions to solve inexpensive problems. For example, The CBO estimated a $2.4 trillion long-term price tag for the second Iraq war or $6,300 per U.S. citizen. That's a liberal (e.g. Democrats and neo-con RINOs) solution. Here's a conservative one:

This round costs less than a dollar.

Lol. Ok, I'm making a joke OF COURSE but it seems that contracting an Iraqi to introduce Saddam to his 72 virgins for $2 million would have resulted in a net savings to the American taxpayer of $2,399,998,000,000.00.

If you're a Democrat, just imagine how many illegal aliens that hate America and want to set up drug dealing gangs for their cartels you could use that money to establish here.

If you're a RINO, just imagine all the corporate welfare and backroom deals you could use that money for.

If you're a neo-con, why that's enough money to kick off WWII with Russia (while ignoring China, of course).

If you're an actual conservative, and there's not many of us around, then not spending it at all is the option that makes sense.

Atwood

May 1, 2014
America's always spending trillions to solve inexpensive problems. For example, The CBO estimated a $2.4 trillion long-term price tag for the second Iraq war or $6,300 per U.S. citizen. That's a liberal (e.g. Democrats and neo-con RINOs) solution. Here's a conservative one:

This round costs less than a dollar.
Which USA rifle shoots .338???
On the understanding that ol' Saddam had this wood-chipping machine, I don't think men would have been lining up for the job of trying to assassinate the old boy. And then Saddam had 2 sons, what were their names? Fuchi & Smoochi or something.

As I recall Bush II had a big bounty on Saddam with no results.

Last edited:

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
It was originally developed in the 80's for military use specifically as a long range sniper round capable of penetrating multiple layers of body armor although it apparently is coming into it's own as a hunting round. From what Wiki shows it is in limited use by the US military although bound to become more common since last year they awarded a substantial contract to Remington defense.

.338 Lapua Magnum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A

AgeofKnowledge

The McMillan Tac-338 but the specific rifle round is immaterial to the actual point which is that we could have either left it alone or contracted to have it done.

You may believe that Saddam had no enemies in Iraq that were both brave and capable and would take a $2 million USD contract on an enemy of theirs in a more relaxed pre-war environment but I don't believe that. The U.S. had an extensive spy network over there for decades before the Iraq war began and we knew who to pass it off to.

Consider that armed robbers are executed every year in places like Saudi Arabia. They arm themselves and commit the crime of armed robbery knowing that they will be executed if they are caught.

But once Iraq escalated to their highest level of alert, which it did well before the war actually began, the opportunity would have been near impossible. And, I'm not aware of a U.S. bounty on Saddam while it was still feasible.

From a legal perspective, no standing Federal law criminalizes the assassination of a foreign official outside the boundaries of the United States. In the absence of such a statute, only Executive Order 12333 prohibits the act of state-sponsored killing.

This Order, which was drafted in the mid-1970s in the wake of revelations of government involvement in plots to kill several foreign leaders, has been maintained by every administration since President Ford despite several attempts by Congress to override Executive Order 12333 the most recent of which was H.R. 19 (“Terrorist Elimination Act of 2001”) which stated:

"Past Presidents have issued Executive orders which severely limit the use of the military when dealing with potential threats against the United States of America;... these Executive orders limit the swift, sure, and precise action needed by the United States to protect our national security; present strategy allows the military to bomb large targets hoping to eliminate a terrorist leader, but prevents our country from designing a limited action which would specifically accomplish that purpose."

But my comment was a joke. I wasn't actually advocating for that though in the case of a psychotic sociopathic megalomaniac genocidist like Saddam Hussein, I can assert that such an action may have been justifiable and desirable for Israel to take as they were the ones facing an actual military threat.

However, my position is that we should have kept our involvement with respect to Iraq in the domain of diplomacy for many reasons (not the least of which they posed no actual military threat to the U.S.) and saved the taxpayers $2.4 trillion dollars.

On the understanding that ol' Saddam had this wood-chipping machine, I don't think men would have been lining up for the job of trying to assassinate the old boy. And then Saddam had 2 sons, what were their names? Fuchi & Smoochi or something.

As I recall Bush II had a big bounty on Saddam with no results.

Atwood

May 1, 2014
However, my position is that we should have kept our involvement with respect to Iraq in the domain of diplomacy for many reasons (not the least of which they posed no actual military threat to the U.S.) and saved the taxpayers $2.4 trillion dollars.
Aaaaa, what's a paltry 2.4 trills when you have not just a printing press, but a computer that generates numbers. Easy come, easy go.

No doubt ol' Saddam would sponsor terrorists vs the USA, but nothing like what we are seeing now.

IMHO, this baby-murdering nation is receiving judicial hardening of the brain-power to pursue self-destructive folly.

A

AgeofKnowledge

The height of a stack of 1,000,000,000,000 (one trillion) one dollar bills measures 67,866 miles. This would reach more than one fourth the way from the earth to the moon. Now multiply that by 2.4 with the understand this was ALL borrowed money. It wasn't sitting in a bank somewhere and we decided to spend it. Consider: charles hugh smith-Why We're Doomed: Interest and Debt

Aaaaa, what's a paltry 2.4 trills when you have not just a printing press, but a computer that generates numbers. Easy come, easy go.

No doubt ol' Saddam would sponsor terrorists vs the USA, but nothing like what we are seeing now.

IMHO, this baby-murdering nation is receiving judicial hardening of the brain-power to pursue self-destructive folly.