Amish Chicken Mushroom Bake

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

happynGod

1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. salt, 1tsp. pepper, 1 tsp. paprika
2-3 c. cubed chicken
1/2 c. butter
1 10.7 (small can) cream of mushroom soup
1 c. sour cream
1 c. sliced mushrooms
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese

Combine flour, salt, pepper, and paprika in a paper bag or bowl. Shake chicken in flour mixture. Melt butter in large skillet and brown chicken on all sides. Place in a 9x13 baking dish. Combine soup, sour cream, and mushrooms; pour over chicken. Bake @ 350 degrees for 1 hour. Sprinkle with cheese and return to oven until cheese is melted.

And enjoy. I cook white rice to go with it. But instead of using water I use can beef broth. So if I cook one cup of rice I use 2 cups of beef broth and let it cook till done. Sometime I chop up some mushrooms and add to the beef broth and the rice.

Jan 8, 2009
I'm curious as to how this recipe got onto the internet if it is Amish.

H

happynGod

What does Amish have to do with anything? So if I said Christian chicken mushroom bake it would be fine? Or if i said American chicken mushroom bake that would be fine? I guess devilish chicken mushroom bake would have been better. Amish is not a religion. Wow, I just should have said chicken mushroom bake. If it can be deleted fine, don't matter to me. It is just a good dish that is all. It is just a recipe from the Amish, you are not going to turn Amish if you eat it.. I promise.. lol
well, anyway GBU..

H

happynGod

Most of my husbands family are Amish, but when you asked them what they are they say Christian. But not to make a mountain out of a mole hill if you are offended I will ask RoOp to take it off and I will just post it as Chicken mushroom bake. Just let me know.
GBU :)

P

Pineapple

To be fair, it doesn't like he was offended. I think he was just asking out of curiosity

H

happynGod

OK, thank you pineapple.

H

happynGod

I have requested for this posting to be removed. Even though it may have not been taken as offensive I just don't want to be wrong in any way.

P

Pineapple

In any case, the recipe sounds good! :D

Jan 8, 2009
Nothing wrong with the post just a comment, " a recipe from the Amish", that's fine.

I

iraasuup

The recipe doesn't need to be removed. It is fine.

I think the point MS was trying to make was that if it had derived from authentic amish roots, then it wouldn't be on the internet -it would most likely just circulate throughout their own community. I don't think he's in the least bit offended.

But it look yummy anyway. Thanks for posting, I'm gonna try this one :)

H

happynGod

I think I was just having a really bad day yesterday. I was not feeling well and a really strange headache. I guess that comes with what I have, idk. I am really sorry I over reacted yesterday, please forgive me. Yes,most of my husbands family is Amish and that is how I got the recipe. Now that I feel better I really do feel silly for my comments. But I can't change what I wrote, I just can be sorry and move forward. GBU. :( :)

P

Pineapple

I think I was just having a really bad day yesterday. I was not feeling well and a really strange headache. I guess that comes with what I have, idk. I am really sorry I over reacted yesterday, please forgive me. Yes,most of my husbands family is Amish and that is how I got the recipe. Now that I feel better I really do feel silly for my comments. But I can't change what I wrote, I just can be sorry and move forward. GBU. :( :)
No need to feel silly, we're all friends here! :D

H

happynGod

Thank you Pineapple..:) GBU