An Introduction to the Doctrines of Grace: Limited Atonement

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Mt 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Even Gods elect, Israel, still had to accept the offer of redemption.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Not all of Israel is Israel. Romans 9.
 
Again a statement made without thought or comprehension.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

The Greek word used for draw, it means to literally drag off. The same word 'draw' is also used when Peter drew his sword and when he dragged the net to the shore. It is an effectual draw.
 
A great big red herring.

God has always made atonement a matter of Choice for man.

Cain had the choice to receive the sin (offering) that lieth at the door. A sin offering God provided for him after his original offering was declared unacceptable.

Ge 4:7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Cain tried to atone for himself.

His 'sacrifice' wasn't accepted.

Because it wasn't the one that was chosen.
 
The Greek word used for draw, it means to literally drag off. The same word 'draw' is also used when Peter drew his sword and when he dragged the net to the shore. It is an effectual draw.
So? God does not force any man to accept His offer of grace.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
 
Yes the difference is belief not election.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Judging from something you said on another thread, I have a question. You believe only certain people are elected right? For instance, the Apostles. But everyone else has been given a choice? You apply John 6 to the Apostles only if I remember correctly.
 
Cain tried to atone for himself.

His 'sacrifice' wasn't accepted.

Because it wasn't the one that was chosen.
Yes, God provided him an acceptable sacrifice and Cain choose to reject it. You want to teach that man cannot accept the offering that God has provided.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
 
Now you are setting total depravity against limited atonement. Nice job.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
I'm not doing it.

I'm just showing that people really do agree with limited atonement.

Its election they don't like.
 
Judging from something you said on another thread, I have a question. You believe only certain people are elected right? For instance, the Apostles. But everyone else has been given a choice? You apply John 6 to the Apostles only if I remember correctly.
Never said that you are confusing me with someone else.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
 
Yes, God provided him an acceptable sacrifice and Cain choose to reject it. You want to teach that man cannot accept the offering that God has provided.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
I want to show that men cannot unless God Draws them.

Because that is what scripture shows.
 
Yes, God provided him an acceptable sacrifice and Cain choose to reject it. You want to teach that man cannot accept the offering that God has provided.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Its not they can not accept it, they won't accept it. Jesus told the Pharisees you will not come to Me. The reason why they could not was because their hearts were deadened in sins and transgressions.
 
I'm not doing it.

I'm just showing that people really do agree with limited atonement.

Its election they don't like.
Limited atonement is false. Election is misunderstood and corrupted by men who fail to know the nature of God.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
 
Never said that you are confusing me with someone else.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

It was you. I remember the way you sign each post. I can dig it up, but I don't have time right now. It was on Kayla's thread about trying to understand Calvinism I believe. You applied John 6 to the Apostles only.
 
Its not they can not accept it, they won't accept it. Jesus told the Pharisees you will not come to Me. The reason why they could not was because their hearts were deadened in sins and transgressions.
God did not make them that way. God cannot tempt a man to sin.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
 
It was you. I remember the way you sign each post. I can dig it up, but I don't have time right now. It was on Kayla's thread about trying to understand Calvinism I believe. You applied John 6 to the Apostles only.
Find it but you must have completely misunderstood the content.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
 
Limited atonement is false. Election is misunderstood and corrupted by men who fail to know the nature of God.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

The Levitical scapegoat was solely for the children of Israel. The Philistines, Assyrians, Babylonians, &c were not included.
 
I want to show that men cannot unless God Draws them.

Because that is what scripture shows.
I just showed you that God draws all men. Not all receive and many turn back but God draws all men.

For the cause of Christ
Roger