Angels in the Bible

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Regarding marriage in heaven ... it is inferred that children will be conceived and born as well.
Hi Tourist, since we know that there will neither be death nor marriages in the age to come, where does the Bible teach us that there will be physical intimacy and/or procreation?

Thanks!

~Deut

Romans 11
25 I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery—so that you will not be wise in your own estimation—that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Regarding marriage in heaven, marriage is a contract between God, the man and the woman that's viable and enforceable until death do they part. In heaven, there will be no more death so it also follows that there will not be marriage. However, it does not say in the bible that there will not be physical and spiritual intimacy between a man and a woman. Not sure how that is going to play out but I am certainly looking forward to it. It is also inferred that children will be conceived and born as well.
How can there b physical intimacy if we're in the Spirit body in heaven? I know there will of course b love in heaven, at a heightened level, I'd think. Those who remarried will know/b familiar w/ea loved one there.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
How can there b physical intimacy if we're in the Spirit body in heaven? I know there will of course b love in heaven, at a heightened level, I'd think. Those who remarried will know/b familiar w/ea loved one there.
Sounds like Mr Tourist is a mormon........sex in heaven, making all those spirit babies. Women being eternally pregnant.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
I know that we will have glorified, spiritual bodies, but what is a "spirit" body? Do beings who are 'spirits only' have physical bodies? Thanks!

Jesus' tomb is empty. He rose "bodily", as will we apparently :) So will we, the saints in the age to come, not reside forever on the New Earth in our glorified/resurrection "physical" bodies, similar perhaps to the one that the Lord has?

Thanks again!

~Deut
p.s. - can a "spirit" eat or drink?

Matthew 26
26 Jesus took some bread, and after a blessing, He broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, “Take, eat; this is My body.”
27 And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you;
28 for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins.
29 “But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father’s kingdom.”

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Hi Tourist, since we know that there will neither be death nor marriages in the age to come, where does the Bible teach us that there will be physical intimacy and/or procreation?

Thanks!

~Deut

Romans 11
25 I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery—so that you will not be wise in your own estimation—that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.
I don't believe that was mentioned specifically in the bible but it does mentioned that homes will be built and gardens planted and that those that build and plant shall live in these homes. It mentions in the bible that God says that man cannot begin to imagine what He has in store for those that love Him. Based on that, I would say that intimate sexual relations in heaven are indeed possible, and if so, why not children as well that are created out of such acts of love. Not much point in building and planting if there is no one home.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
After the resurrection Jesus was in body and spirit and so shall we. We will be physical spiritual beings. I agree that we will definitely know the ones that we loved and interacted with while on earth.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Sounds like Mr Tourist is a mormon........sex in heaven, making all those spirit babies. Women being eternally pregnant.
No, I am not a Mormon. I don't know at all that there will be sex in heaven but seeing as we will have both a physical and spiritual body I don't see why not. I certainly hope that is the case. I can only imagine. No, women will not be eternally pregnant, only those that desire children living in the house that their man built and eating the food that he planted in the garden. This is called a home.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I am sure that there will be love in heaven but where exactly in the bible does it say that?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Risen with healing in his wings...see Malachi 4:2

How did Jesus ascend to heaven in Acts 1:9-11
How was he 'taken up'?

Did the angels carry him with their wings or did he rise up by himself?

John is carried away in the spirit see revelation 20:9-10

I had got the impression theres more to these angel wings then the Bible lets on. Remember back in Jesus day there was no such thing as aviation, no jumbo jets, no 747s, not even a cessna.

As far as I know nobodys refered to Enoch and we are talking about Angels in the Bible here. As book of enoch isnt in the bible, just apochrypha dont know where people getting that from.

In revelation 12:14 theres an interesting verse that says the woman was given two wings of a great eagle that she might fly into the wilderness

I dont quite understand what that means but I suppose you might think she either piloted a plane or flew on a giant eagle, yet I know of no eagles that you could actually sit on.

Isaiah 40:31 could be referring to...flights of angels, or do you think its a prophecy about aeroplanes. IM inclined to believe its talking about angels rather than jumbo jet flights, because I know how horrible it can be cooped up in an aeroplane especially in economy class!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
This is a good place to start: Genesis 2:18-25.

~Deut

Genesis 2
18 The LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
Ok but what about 1 corinthians 11:10

What is this power on her head because of the angels. Am not sure what that means.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
I don't believe that was mentioned specifically in the bible but it does mentioned that homes will be built and gardens planted and that those that build and plant shall live in these homes.
Not to be repetitive, but where does the Bible mention that we will be building our own homes and tending to our own gardens in the age to come? Thanks!

It mentions in the bible that God says that man cannot begin to imagine what He has in store for those that love Him. Based on that, I would say that intimate sexual relations in heaven are indeed possible, and if so, why not children as well that are created out of such acts of love.
But we don't have to "imagine" anything in this case, do we? The Bible tells us that no one will be given in marriage, that we will be like the angels in that way, yes?

IOW, no one will be married there, and no marriage = no marital relations (nor will there extramarital affairs, nor any "love children" born from such affairs, of course).

Procreation will no longer be necessary because no one will die on the New Earth.

The Bible also tells us that there is a certain number who will reside forever with God on the New Earth, and that when the number of the redeemed is reached in this age, no more will be added to it .. cf when "the fullness of the Gentiles have come in" .. Romans 11:25

~Deut

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Not to be repetitive, but where does the Bible mention that we will be building our own homes and tending to our own gardens in the age to come? Thanks!

But we don't have to "imagine" anything in this case, do we? The Bible tells us that no one will be given in marriage, that we will be like the angels in that way, yes?

IOW, no one will be married there, and no marriage = no marital relations (nor will there extramarital affairs, nor any "love children" born from such affairs, of course).

Procreation will no longer be necessary because no one will die on the New Earth.

The Bible also tells us that there is a certain number who will reside forever with God on the New Earth, and that when the number of the redeemed is reached in this age, no more will be added to it .. cf when "the fullness of the Gentiles have come in" .. Romans 11:25

~Deut
Deut I think hes referring to Isaiah 65:17-25 but am thinking thats the millenium reign for Jerusalem, I could be wrong though.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

~Deut
As I stated earlier, the thing about marriage is that it is a contract between God, the man, and the woman that is viable and enforceable only until death do they part. There will be no death in heaven so therefore there will be no marriage. Regarding building homes and planting gardens is this supportive verse:

Isaiah 65:21
They will build houses and dwell in them; they will plant vineyards and eat their fruit.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Deut I think hes referring to Isaiah 65:17-25 but am thinking thats the millenium reign for Jerusalem, I could be wrong though.
I am indeed referring to that passage but I am not sure that is just referring exclusively for the millennium.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
I am sure that there will be love in heaven but where exactly in the bible does it say that?
This sounds pretty good, yes? :)

Revelation 21
1 I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea.
2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them,
4 and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.”
5 And He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” And He said, “Write, for these words are faithful and true.”
6 Then He said to me, “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost.

7 “He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son.

~Deut

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
This sounds pretty good, yes? :)

Revelation 21
1 I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea.
2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them,
4 and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.”
5 And He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” And He said, “Write, for these words are faithful and true.”
6 Then He said to me, “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost.
7 “He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son.

~Deut
It does indeed my friend. :)

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
As I stated earlier, the thing about marriage is that it is a contract between God, the man, and the woman that is viable and enforceable only until death do they part. There will be no death in heaven so therefore there will be no marriage. Regarding building homes and planting gardens is this supportive verse:

Isaiah 65:21
They will build houses and dwell in them; they will plant vineyards and eat their fruit.
Thanks for the reference (y)

But the lack of marriage thing in Heaven, it seems to me, is because there will be no need for marital relations, because there will be no need for procreation. Biblically, the number of people on the New Earth appears to be fixed (which makes sense), and since no one will die, the number of the redeemed living there will never need to be replenished.

BTW, if there is marriage in Heaven, it certainly would not include the phrase, "until death do us part", because if there is marriage there it would obviously be eternal. However, I believe that the only marriage in Heaven is between the Lord (the Bridegroom) and the church (His bride).

~Deut

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Thanks for the reference (y)

But the lack of marriage thing in Heaven, it seems to me, is because there will be no need for marital relations, because there will be no need for procreation. Biblically, the number of people on the New Earth appears to be fixed (which makes sense), and since no one will die, the number of the redeemed living there will never need to be replenished.

BTW, if there is marriage in Heaven, it certainly would not include the phrase, "until death do us part", because if there is marriage there it would obviously be eternal. However, I believe that the only marriage in Heaven is between the Lord (the Bridegroom) and the church (His bride).

~Deut
No, there will not be a "till death do us part' phrase in any such ceremony regardless of what it is called. Seems sad to me though if the number of inhabitants is fixed as I would certainly welcome a new member that joins our family in heaven.