Angels in the Bible

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Jesus said “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
I know that we will have glorified, spiritual bodies, but what is a "spirit" body? Do beings who are 'spirits only' have physical bodies? Thanks!

Jesus' tomb is empty. He rose "bodily", as will we apparently :) So will we, the saints in the age to come, not reside forever on the New Earth in our glorified/resurrection "physical" bodies, similar perhaps to the one that the Lord has?

Thanks again!

~Deut
p.s. - can a "spirit" eat or drink?

Matthew 26
26 Jesus took some bread, and after a blessing, He broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, “Take, eat; this is My body.”
27 And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you;
28 for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins.
29 “But 'I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father’s kingdom.”
Rev 2:17 'He that over cometh I will give the hidden manna...' right? There is a online free audio book of 'Within Heaven's Gates' by R R Springer that is wonderful. She describes trees with indescribably delicious luscious hanging foods probably attuned to our individual taste buds. Sounds good to me!

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
After the resurrection Jesus was in body and spirit and so shall we. We will be physical spiritual beings. I agree that we will definitely know the ones that we loved and interacted with while on earth.
It seems our heavenly bodies will not b as dense as we are here. When John said 'I was in the Spirit' it seems he was in a Spiritual state (where our senses are greatly expanded).

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
I am sure that there will be love in heaven but where exactly in the bible does it say that?
O I meant an 'agape love' for each other there as 'God is love'.

Dec 12, 2013
It seems our heavenly bodies will not b as dense as we are here. When John said 'I was in the Spirit' it seems he was in a Spiritual state (where our senses are greatly expanded).
1st Corinthians 15 describes our resurrected body precisely...

Astral, celestial, heavenly, ethreal and of power......

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Thats a thought, there is no sin to weigh us down.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
John Klein and Adam Spears have a book out about angels, both fallen angels and God's angels that is fascinating. It includes information about Nephilim also.

John and Adam have spend more than 25 years of evenings together searching scripture. There isn't too much about angels in scripture, that information is mostly in the apocrypha.

Angels fit into three main classes. Cherubim the highest who surround the throne of God. They have six wings and four faces. The bible names Mchael, Gabriel, Raphael, and Uriel. Two rebelled against God, Lucifer who claims to be a Cherub of Light and Abaddon now the Cherub of Death.

Seraphim are the middle order and are messengers of God going back and forth from earth to heaven. Jacob's ladder probably spoke of these.

The teraphim are the only angels who can take on human form.

When Lucifer rebelled he took 1/3 of the angels with him. These are devils. Demons are the disembodied souls of dead Nephilim.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
And question...do they have wings?
Absolutely.
What did Jesus mean when he said in heaven we will be as angels? Angels dont marry...are they neither male nor female..?
That saying of Jesus is greatly misunderstood and misapplied. Since all angels are masculine, the issue of the marriage of angels in Heaven is moot. Angels are ministering spirits and strictly act on the commands of God.

As applied to human beings, there will be no marriages in Heaven, since the Marriage of the Lamb will be the culmination of all marriages. In Heaven, redeemed human beings will resemble angels, since they too will have spiritual glorious immortal bodies which are free of human limitations.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Rev 2:17 'He that over cometh I will give the hidden manna...' right? There is a online free audio book of 'Within Heaven's Gates' by R R Springer that is wonderful. She describes trees with indescribably delicious luscious hanging foods probably attuned to our individual taste buds. Sounds good to me!
I never...ever take heed to reports of heavenly visitation.....
John 3:13
No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man.

Paul did have visions of heaven but no visitation or ascention.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Am still puzzled by 1 corinthians 11:10 though.
Why does a woman have power on her head because of the angels? What have the angels got to do with woman....?

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man.

Acts 2:17 'saith the Lord, ...your sons and daughters shall prophesy and your young men shall see visions..'. I don't thing it's out of the ques to believe some of us have had a glimpse of heaven, after all we are getting closer and closer to Him. In her book she states there are things too Holy to tell but is always noting how things in her vision are beyond our comprehension.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
I
Acts 2:17 'saith the Lord, ...your sons and daughters shall prophesy and your young men shall see visions..'. I don't thing it's out of the ques to believe some of us have had a glimpse of heaven, after all we are getting closer and closer to Him. In her book she states there are things too Holy to tell but is always noting how things in her vision are beyond our comprehension.
I have no problem with that.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Am still puzzled by 1 corinthians 11:10 though.
Why does a woman have power on her head because of the angels? What have the angels got to do with woman....?
Idk but it's going to make for some interesting research, as I just started on it. Thx for the new task!

Dec 12, 2013

Funny that you know this as a fact about Paul when Paul himself did not even know for sure.....hahhah

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
The thing was, when John was recording the words spoken to him contained in the book of Revelation he was indeed in spirit. Of course, this was not his new physical and spiritual body that he will one day receive if he has not already. Same thing happened to Paul too.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
The thing was, when John was recording the words spoken to him contained in the book of Revelation he was indeed in spirit. Of course, this was not his new physical and spiritual body that he will one day receive if he has not already. Same thing happened to Paul too.
Describe a physical/spiritual body, thx. I realize you're married so there will still b a connection in heaven we just aren't there yet. God being perfect has it all worked out for us and realizes our desires.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Describe a physical/spiritual body, thx. I realize you're married so there will still b a connection in heaven we just aren't there yet. God being perfect has it all worked out for us and realizes our desires.
Just read any gospel account of the resurrection of Jesus when He appeared before the disciples and others as well. He had both a physical body and a spiritual body. We will have that type of body too. God does indeed realize our desires.