It seems contradictory to me that God would put out Commandments that it is His will for them to be followed and then for Him to go against that will and allow people to violate the Commandments only to punish them for it afterwards.
I'm sure. I look people in the eyes when we talk, and I know what I saw .Are you sure? Sometimes, it is hard to tell the difference between a wokist/leftist/Communist and a demon, as they often are taking orders from the same place.
I will think on this "permissive will" idea. It is a logical explanation. It just doesn't make sense to me that God would actually allow wrongdoing. Merely not preventing wrongdoing does not mean that He's actually allowing it.If God did not allow it, sin and transgression would not happen.
God's permissive will allows for these things even though they are not aligned with His moral will.
His sovereign will does not prevent them from happening.
Think on that, and the fact that Jesus was purposed from before the foundation of the world...
We know God is sovereign. That is not being questioned .I will think on this "permissive will" idea. It is a logical explanation. It just doesn't make sense to me that God
would actually allow wrongdoing. Merely not preventing wrongdoing does not mean that He's actually allowing it.
It doesn't contradict because it's two separate matters:You contradict yourself.
Is God Sovereign?I will think on this "permissive will" idea. It is a logical explanation. It just doesn't make sense to me that God would actually allow wrongdoing. Merely not preventing wrongdoing does not mean that He's actually allowing it.
You contradict yourself because on the one hand you agree that something cannot happenIt doesn't contradict because it's two separate matters:
1. What God doesn't allow.
2. What God allows.
I agree with you about what you said about what God doesn't allow to happen, that if He doesn't allow something, then it won't happen.
I disagree with you about what you believe God allows to happen. I don't think He allows sin to happen. People just do it by their own free wills; it's not God's will that people sin.
Why?You contradict yourself because on the one hand you agree that something cannot happen
unless God allows it, but then you turn around and say God does not allow sin to happen.
Allowing something to happen is not the same thing as causing or willing something to
happen. You conflate terms and are confused about what we are even discussing. If God
did not allow sin to happen, it would not and could not happen. Sin happens. God allows it.
No, I'm not conflating. I'm not confused. I know and understand what we are discussing. Be careful what you accuse people of. Maybe things may seem that way to you, so thanks for sharing your sentiments, but make sure you are careful when you judge me. Judge not, lest ye be judged.You contradict yourself because on the one hand you agree that something cannot happen
unless God allows it, but then you turn around and say God does not allow sin to happen.
Allowing something to happen is not the same thing as causing or willing something to
happen. You conflate terms and are confused about what we are even discussing. If God
did not allow sin to happen, it would not and could not happen. Sin happens. God allows it.
Please define what sin is.No, I'm not conflating. I'm not confused. I know and understand what we are discussing. Be careful what you accuse people of. Maybe things may seem that way to you, so thanks for sharing your sentiments, but make sure you are careful when you judge me. Judge not, lest ye be judged.
No, I didn't say that something cannot happen unless God allows it to happen. I said something cannot happen if God does not allow it to happen. Those are two different things. Allowing and not allowing are two different things; don't confuse the two, please. If God wills for something to not happen, He doesn't allow for it to happen and it does not happen. Allowing something to happen is also an act of God's will. But just because something happens, it doesn't mean that God allows it by His will. God created creatures that have wills of their own. Everyone is at play. That is how sin happens. The will of the creature causes the sin to occur, not the will of the Creator.
Why? Look it up in a dictionary if you need help understanding what it is.Please define what sin is.
In Spanish, sin means "without", so maybe that's a clue; something done without God.Please define what sin is.
I'm not asking for the Spanish definition. I'm asking if you know the Biblical definition of sin.In Spanish, sin means "without", so maybe that's a clue; something done without God.
Of course God allows sin to happen. Yes you conflate and are confused. Allowing sin to happenI don't think He allows sin to happen.
So, you wonder if I understand what sin means, not that you need to be shown what it means. Why do you ask that?I'm not asking for the Spanish definition. I'm asking if you know the Biblical definition of sin.
Wow, what a temper. Be nice.Of course God allows sin to happen. Yes you conflate and are confused. Allowing sin to happen
is not the same as willing it to happen. You can't seem to get this through your skull. Since sin
happens, God allows it. If God did not allow sin to happen, sin could not and would not happen.
But you are blind to this salient fact. No point discussing it under those conditions. Bye.
You don't know.So, you wonder if I understand what sin means, not that you need to be shown what it means. Why do you ask that?
I understand that those are two different things. You judge me based on your prejudicial lies about me. You don't frankly know me for who I am. Please apologize.Allowing sin to happen
is not the same as willing it to happen. You can't seem to get this through your skull.
Another one judging me based on prejudicial lies. I knew you were up to something. That's why I didn't tell you what I know sin to be.You don't know.
I appreciate your time.