Animals going to heaven?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 29, 2013
Im going through a tough time, my cat I have had for 13 years (almost half my life) is going to probably die within the next 2 weeks from a tumor. I love her more then any animal I have ever owned. Do you believe animals go to heaven too?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Absolutely I do. :) I know how tough it is to lose one, I had Tequila (my cat) put to sleep 2 years ago on the 16th of March and it still seems like just yesterday... She was almost 16 years old...

I know how hard it is to let your kitty go, but do NOT make her suffer anymore. She deserves to go with dignity and not suffer until she dies on her own...

Im going through a tough time, my cat I have had for 13 years (almost half my life) is going to probably die within the next 2 weeks from a tumor. I love her more then any animal I have ever owned. Do you believe animals go to heaven too?

S

Stranger36147

Hope they do. Seems like Heaven wouldn't be Heaven without having your animals who loved you so on Earth there with you.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I can't picture heaven WITHOUT animals. Surely heaven must hold more than just shiny gold brick streets and big mansions...

Hope they do. Seems like Heaven wouldn't be Heaven without having your animals who loved you so on Earth there with you.

MichaelOwen

Nov 6, 2017
I can't picture heaven WITHOUT animals. Surely heaven must hold more than just shiny gold brick streets and big mansions...
Oh I believe we will definitely see some animals in Heaven, we know that the Lord created the animals and they are spotless and sinless, and we know everything the Lord makes is good, and they won't be used for any sacrifices because there will be absolutely no sin, and no darkness and no evil in heaven. Expect a bunch of orange glowy eyed tabbies Blue ;)

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
To be honest I have no idea.
What do people think about the following?

Isaiah 11:6-9
6 “The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb,
The leopard shall lie down with the young goat,
The calf and the young lion and the fatling together;
And a little child shall lead them.
7 The cow and the bear shall graze;
Their young ones shall lie down together;
And the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
8 The nursing child shall play by the cobra's hole,
And the weaned child shall put his hand in the viper's den.
9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain,
For the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord
As the waters cover the sea.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Don't worry, there'll be an abundance of orange kitties.. :eek: You'll know me, I'll be the one doing cartwheels with a bunch of orange kitties chasing me.. :eek:

Oh I believe we will definitely see some animals in Heaven, we know that the Lord created the animals and they are spotless and sinless, and we know everything the Lord makes is good, and they won't be used for any sacrifices because there will be absolutely no sin, and no darkness and no evil in heaven. Expect a bunch of orange glowy eyed tabbies Blue ;)

B

Bella37

I have 11 fur family members of my little family. I rescued 7 of them from being murdered. My oldest being, a longhair Black female Bobtail cat, who I named, Hanna. Hanna, is 24 yrs old, & never been sick, or injured. She still has no signs of leaving me yet, she has gone deaf, yet in saying that Hanna still knows when I am near her before she see's me, by the vibrations, & will meow to me.
Three of my Dogs, the Mum 19 yrs old, & her 2 puppies both 17 yrs old, have never been sick, male pup Boaz showing signs of ageing, yet he runs & plays like a puppy. Mum Ruth, you would never believe her age to look at her, she is gorgeous & her pup, a female Esther, looks like a beautiful healthy young dog, all Pomeranian Dogs. I have prayed for all my Fur kids all their lives in my care, & before as I ask GOD to send me animals that are abused, & that I wanted to love & save them. GOD sure answered my prayer! Amen & Amen!

I believe animals do go to heaven!

Love & Hugs!

Bella & Fur Family! XO :) <><<

Apr 15, 2017
Animals will not go to heaven.I know some people do not want to believe that but they were not created to be part of the afterlife,and the saints have no need for animal interaction whether as a pet for companionship,or for work.

There is no need for animals in heaven,and heaven was not designed for them but only on this earth.

The only beings that will be in heaven are beings that have a connection to God,and fellowship with Him,not animals that have a connection to people.

Ecc 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Ecc 3:20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.
Ecc 3:21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

All spirits of humans go upward back to God who gave them,and all animal spirits go downward,and the flesh of humans and animals will return to the dust,and animals are not given a soul,or a glorified body,so the animals have no part of them left to be in heaven,where a human has a soul,and will receive a glorified body.

Joh 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Isa 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2Pe 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

The earth and heaven shall be dissolved,and pass away,and God will create a new heaven,and a new earth,where sin has never been and sin will never be,and the former earth and heaven will not be remembered,nor come to mind,for it is associated with sin and rebellion,and for the saints to know of something that was of earth would mean they would know of the sin and rebellion there which God does not want them to know about that.

When the saints and angels are at the New Jerusalem,the new earth and heaven,they will remember nothing prior to that,and will feel as if they have always been there and nowhere else,and they will not even remember who their relatives and friends are if they are in heaven.

If animals were in heaven they would not know they were their animals,for they will not remember the earth,nor will it come to their mind.

There is no need for animals to be in heaven for God did not design heaven to be for them,but are only for this earth.

Will the trees,and plant life,and fish,and all things alive on earth be in heaven,but there is no sea in the new earth for there to be fish,and sea life.

But they will still argue about it God bless their hearts for they love their pets,and animals in general.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
You bet that I do. The bible mentions animals in heaven also. I'm going to see my little dog Yankee there. He's been looking for his daddy. When he finds him he will have a good time then.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Animals will not go to heaven.I know some people do not want to believe that but they were not created to be part of the afterlife,and the saints have no need for animal interaction whether as a pet for companionship,or for work.

There is no need for animals in heaven,and heaven was not designed for them but only on this earth.

The only beings that will be in heaven are beings that have a connection to God,and fellowship with Him,not animals that have a connection to people.

Ecc 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Ecc 3:20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.
Ecc 3:21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

All spirits of humans go upward back to God who gave them,and all animal spirits go downward,and the flesh of humans and animals will return to the dust,and animals are not given a soul,or a glorified body,so the animals have no part of them left to be in heaven,where a human has a soul,and will receive a glorified body.

Joh 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Isa 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2Pe 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

The earth and heaven shall be dissolved,and pass away,and God will create a new heaven,and a new earth,where sin has never been and sin will never be,and the former earth and heaven will not be remembered,nor come to mind,for it is associated with sin and rebellion,and for the saints to know of something that was of earth would mean they would know of the sin and rebellion there which God does not want them to know about that.

When the saints and angels are at the New Jerusalem,the new earth and heaven,they will remember nothing prior to that,and will feel as if they have always been there and nowhere else,and they will not even remember who their relatives and friends are if they are in heaven.

If animals were in heaven they would not know they were their animals,for they will not remember the earth,nor will it come to their mind.

There is no need for animals to be in heaven for God did not design heaven to be for them,but are only for this earth.

Will the trees,and plant life,and fish,and all things alive on earth be in heaven,but there is no sea in the new earth for there to be fish,and sea life.

But they will still argue about it God bless their hearts for they love their pets,and animals in general.

How do you know that heaven was not designed for animals? Does the bible specifically say that animals won't be there? What about the lion lying down with the lamb? God says that it can't be imagined what He has planned for those that love Him. I want to see my dog again so for me there is a need. Doe's an animal that's alive on earth right now know that it's an animal? Another thing, why do you say that we will have no memory of what happened on earth? So God just wipes away everything that happen, good or bad. That seems like a lie to me. None of the verses that you provided have anything at all to do with whether or not there are animals in heaven. Don't be a killjoy.

Last edited:

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
I dont have any clear scriptural proof but I truly believe animals go to heaven and God heals animals

JoshMal

Jan 18, 2018
As for d lion-with-lamb part, that is obviously when God's Kingdom is on earth, the eternal paradise. But about animals going to Heaven....... no biblical reference.
But I wonder why God made dogs in particular so loyal and loving, like they have a soul.
If one says animals go to Heaven, do u think spiders or mosquitoes go there too? ha ha!

B

Bella37

I don't think you needed to make such a point, by posting such a sermon. I have not read all responses, yet I have not noticed any argument, until now, by your response, & by my response, to you.

I am a peace loving soul, & fairly new to this site, so I will not get involved with this response for too long. I suppose you never go look at the," Animal Protection Organization, Web Sites", & on the internet ?

If you want to? Please help them, as if your heart is not broken by the Holocaust, of abused suffering animals that mankind are mutilating, it never will be.

That's all I wanted to add.

B

Bella37

As for d lion-with-lamb part, that is obviously when God's Kingdom is on earth, the eternal paradise. But about animals going to Heaven....... no biblical reference.
But I wonder why God made dogs in particular so loyal and loving, like they have a soul.
If one says animals go to Heaven, do u think spiders or mosquitoes go there too? ha ha!

The only thing I see, in what you just wrote is-

"If one says animals go to Heaven, do u think spiders or mosquitoes go there too? ha ha!"[/QUOTE]

-Very, heartless, foolish, childish, behaviour for a- 18 yrs old Christian man.

Last edited:

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
My sense is that bugs won't make it to heaven but the new earth will probably have spiders and mosquitoes in it.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
So, what you are saying is that, besides our pets, when our love ones die we won't ever see them again either, even in heaven? I don't find what you say to be very comforting but rather disturbing. Your whole post is complete nonsense.

F

finaldesire

No, I don't believe that animals go to heaven.

F

finaldesire

Are we talking about animals existing in heaven where God is, or on the new earth?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Are we talking about animals existing in heaven where God is, or on the new earth?
People often say "heaven" to denote the new earth.

To OP:

As for animals existing on the new earth, there is no reason whatsoever to
believe they will not. They have the same breath of life that animates us. :)